News:

That's okay, I know how to turn my washing machine into a centrifuge if need be.

Main Menu

Motherhood

Started by LHX, June 24, 2007, 05:50:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

B_M_W

Quote from: Darth Cupcake on June 24, 2007, 11:54:04 PM
Quote from: Buddhist_Monk_Wannabe on June 24, 2007, 11:00:25 PM
Quote from: LHX on June 24, 2007, 05:50:59 PM
how in the sweet mother of fuck is being 'successful' working in a company and climbing a corporate ladder more enriching than raising and nurturing a child?

how exactly did women get tricked into persuing 'career goals'?

i am going to answer my own question and say that men shouldnt have disrespected women throughout the years because that seems to be the only root cause i can imagine

-- escape oppression by becoming as/more 'powerful' than the oppressor

but this shit is ridiculous

now there is men who still disrespect women
women who seem to be attempting to grow a johnson

and a whole army of children with approximately 0 foundation

who won?

I dissagree.

Likewise.

To keep this short because it is hot as balls out so I will start getting seriously belligerent if I don't...

"how in the sweet mother of fuck is being 'successful' working in a company and climbing a corporate ladder more enriching than raising and nurturing a child?"

Good question. Why DON'T more men stay home to raise and nurture children?

Yes.

Sorry X, you're my bro and all, but this has nothing to do with gender.
One by one, we break the sheep from their Iron Bar Prisons and expand their imaginations, make them think for themselves. In turn, they break more from their prisons. Eventually, critical mass is reached. Our key word: Resolve. Evangelize with compassion and determination. And realize that there will be few in the beginning. We are hand picking our successors. They are the future of Discordianism. Let us guide our future with intelligence.

--Reverse Brainwashing: A Guide http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=9801.0

6.5 billion Buddhas walking around.

99.xxxxxxx% forgot they are Buddha.

LHX

if anybody is reading into this that one gender is somehow less culpable than the other - it has nothing to do with anything i typed

i think a careful re-read might be the recipe

i dont know how to defend myself for something i didnt say nor intend to imply

why DONT more men stay home and nurture kids?

it is a valid question

but not within the scope of my original post

maybe i should put together a part 2 to this thread

prolly be redundant at this point
neat hell

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LHX on June 25, 2007, 05:11:39 AM
if anybody is reading into this that one gender is somehow less culpable than the other - it has nothing to do with anything i typed

why DONT more men stay home and nurture kids?

it is a valid question

but not within the scope of my original post

So it IS about women.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LHX

the title of the thread is motherhood
neat hell

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LHX on June 25, 2007, 05:15:46 AM
the title of the thread is motherhood

So it is de facto about one gender.

But you just said it wasn't.

I am confused.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

LHX

it is about gender

it is not exaggerating the blame for foul shit in the world on one gender or the other

i will make a note never to start a thread about any one particular topic without starting a partner thread to balance the scales
neat hell

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LHX on June 25, 2007, 05:22:30 AM
it is about gender

it is not exaggerating the blame for foul shit in the world on one gender or the other

Well, the motherhood thread says "why don't they stay home with the kids", and the fatherhood thread says "support your offspring."

Leave It To Beaver family values ITT.

i will make a note never to start a thread about any one particular topic without starting a partner thread to balance the scales

What?  You expected an easy room?  Why didn't you say so?  I can do that.  Lemme go get some mittens.

LHX

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 25, 2007, 05:39:29 AM
it is about gender

Well, the motherhood thread says "why don't they stay home with the kids", and the fatherhood thread says "support your offspring."

Leave It To Beaver family values ITT.

What?  You expected an easy room?  Why didn't you say so?  I can do that.  Lemme go get some mittens.

children suffer neglect and lack of nurturing

the corporate paper chase does not seem as fulfilling in the long run as raising a strong seed

these are the last days

men are becoming women
women are becoming men

its a shame that the most prevalent skill on forums these days is the ability to bend peoples words at will and selectively input some points that had been previously non-existant

heads been watching too much law and order

matlock and perry mason up in this mud

why doesnt anybody want to quote the points in the original post that do NOT support this fun gender-bias escapade?
neat hell

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LHX on June 25, 2007, 05:51:49 AM

children suffer neglect and lack of nurturing

Welcome to the last 10,000 years.  Nuturing, shit.  Starting 30 years ago, and going back to prehistory, the most they got was a kick in the ass, when dad AND mom weren't too busy tending Sir Fuckalot's fields for him. 

the corporate paper chase does not seem as fulfilling in the long run as raising a strong seed

In one person's opinion.  Well, two.  You and Phyllis Schafly.  What if a woman realizes she would be a shitty mother?  Unable to "nurture"?  Should she still forget what she WANTS to do, so she can do what YOU want her to do?

these are the last days

Heard THAT song before.

men are becoming women

Oh, now you're on Ru Paul's ass?

women are becoming men

I feel a Falwell moment coming on...

its a shame that the most prevalent skill on forums these days is the ability to bend peoples words at will and selectively input some points that had been previously non-existant

Bullshit is always on a buyers market.

heads been watching too much law and order

Now you're mad at Michael Moriarity?

matlock and perry mason up in this mud

Not sure where this is going.

why doesnt anybody want to quote the points in the original post that do NOT support this fun gender-bias escapade?

Well, okay, I'll go get some mittens.

TGRR,
Will avoid questioning things in the future.

LHX

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 25, 2007, 06:16:40 AM

TGRR,

see man - this is what i dont understand

why do you even bother saying things like that?

as tho i have some desire for you to not question things

if it was between me and you - that would be fine, but when you say shit like that in a forum, it may make a onlooker think that i actually DO see some reason for women to be oppressed

and since that isnt the case - that turns you into nothing more than a elaborate slanderer with the gift of effectively using the english language so as not to appear as such

the man provides the sperm
the woman provides the egg

the sperm provides the spark
the egg becomes the womb that nurtures

do what you want to with that

you call humans a bunch of monkeys
but
the way shit is shaking down is a long way from monkey-dom

but im not gonna bust your balls on that

i wont use mittens - but i consider you a ally

if you notice - i generally augment your arguments rather than make it sound like you are saying the opposite
neat hell

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LHX on June 25, 2007, 06:27:39 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 25, 2007, 06:16:40 AM

TGRR,

see man - this is what i dont understand

why do you even bother saying things like that?

as tho i have some desire for you to not question things

if it was between me and you - that would be fine, but when you say shit like that in a forum, it may make a onlooker think that i actually DO see some reason for women to be oppressed

and since that isnt the case - that turns you into nothing more than a elaborate slanderer with the gift of effectively using the english language so as not to appear as such

the man provides the sperm
the woman provides the egg

the sperm provides the spark
the egg becomes the womb that nurtures

do what you want to with that

you call humans a bunch of monkeys
but
the way shit is shaking down is a long way from monkey-dom

but im not gonna bust your balls on that

i wont use mittens - but i consider you a ally

if you notice - i generally augment your arguments rather than make it sound like you are saying the opposite

Look, LHX, why don't you point out ONE (1) thing I have said concerning your post that does not reflect what you actually posted?

TGRR,
Is getting a little tired of having his intellectual honesty called into question.

The Good Reverend Roger

And what the fuck is up with this hippie "nurture" shit, any fucking way?

LHX

what in the hell is wrong with nurturing?

its nurturing vs exploiting

you take your pick
neat hell

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LHX on June 25, 2007, 06:33:02 AM
what in the hell is wrong with nurturing?

its nurturing vs exploiting

you take your pick

False dichotomy.

There's also "neglect".   :lulz:

TGRR,
Is off to bathe in some patchouli.

LHX

here is a list of things i didnt say

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 24, 2007, 07:35:31 PM

She'd be LOSING Slack,Ñ¢ if she stayed at home to raise kids she never wanted, just to keep you happy.  And hell, even if she HAD those kids, are they better off living with a mother who - however unjustifiably - blames them for the end of their career, or with a nanny?

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 24, 2007, 07:10:32 PM
Quote from: LHX on June 24, 2007, 07:00:55 PM

i respect a woman not wanting kids

Could have fooled me.  Just saying.

Quote from: LHX on June 24, 2007, 07:00:55 PM
but not wanting kids because they have been duped into pursuing some 'dynamic corporate business achievement' is one of the biggest wrong-turns in the history of this 'civilization'

So women don't know what their REAL motivations are?

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 24, 2007, 07:20:26 PM
Quote from: keeper entropic on June 24, 2007, 07:19:07 PM
No

I see.  Well, it's a good thing they have good Christian/Muslim men to tell them what they really want and need.

Break out the burkhas, people!  Daddy has a brand new bag!

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 24, 2007, 06:57:22 PM

Maybe they have personal drives and opinions that don't fit the June Cleaver image of women that good folks like PaT Robertson keep shoving at us.

i dont even know what a Pat Robertson is

or a Pathouli

neglect sounds like it could be indirect exploitation

just because you ignore a tooth ache doesnt mean you arent decaying

dont mistake my superhero delusions with your vendetta against hippies
neat hell