News:

PD.com: can increase your susceptibility to cancer, dementia, heart disease, diabetes, influenza, rheumatoid arthritis, lupus - even the common cold.

Main Menu

Anti Music/Structureless Sound/Total Noise Bliss

Started by Frenzied Destruction, June 26, 2007, 03:29:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frenzied Destruction

I suppose. But he asked what they were, and I told him.Didnt want to skim over anything important, and from the sound of things he doesnt have a grind collection of 100's of tapes/records/cd's or something so i figured listing the differant subgenres would be fine.
I think the average person could probobly tell the differance between,say, Deche-charge and nasum, or urine festival(hooray) and ed gein(EWWWW).
(Member of the Cabal Of A Thousand Hordes)
No structure/No fascist musical notes/Just Freedom and Noise:www.myspace.com/frenzieddestruction

Mangrove

Musical Hairsplitting:

The act of classifying music and musicians into pathologically picayune categories:

"The Vienna Franks are a good example of urban white acid folk revivalism crossed with ska."

- Douglas Coupland

What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

Frenzied Destruction

I would figure musical hairsplitting would be more around the lines of 'MAGRUDERGRIND ARE POWR VIOLENC NOT GRIND U POZAR!11!!oneone!"
No structure/No fascist musical notes/Just Freedom and Noise:www.myspace.com/frenzieddestruction

Mangrove

Quote from: Frenzied Destruction on July 01, 2007, 08:39:04 PM
I would figure musical hairsplitting would be more around the lines of 'MAGRUDERGRIND ARE POWR VIOLENC NOT GRIND U POZAR!11!!oneone!"

:D

something like that. glad you have a sense of humour about these things. oh and welcome to PD btw.

Frenzied Destruction

Thanks! and a discordian message board would *probobly* be the worst place to take anything serious,ever.
(except for maybe [insert political/religous/stereotype/favorite scapegoat/banana enthusiasts group here]'s conventions)

LMNO

Ok, here is the hit single from The Zyphoid Process, "The Letter M".

http://mihd.net/lbz2np

Please to enjoy.  Or something.

Payne

Quote from: LMNO on July 03, 2007, 01:02:47 PM

:eek:

:lulz:

LMNO

We would play entire sets of that crap.  Ah, the looks we would get.

Imagine, if you will, two hot chicks fiddling around with electronic devices, generating squaling feedback, while some dude in a button-down shirt and tie smacks around a beat-to-shit guitar.

Good times.  Also, we decided to completely fictionalize our history.  We claimed to have been around since the 80s, opening for Sonic Youth, DNA, etc.  We were preported to have personal friends like Arto Lindsay, Thurston Moore, et al.  It was fun.

Mangrove

Quote from: LMNO on July 03, 2007, 01:02:47 PM

band name FTW

LMNO

Frenzied Destruction

AFK

Just posting in here to say how proud I am of my little guitar protege.  We were down in the basement where I have all my music gear.  I plugged an old 4-stringed beat-up guitar, cranked the volume, and set it down on the floor.  I gave her (my daughter) a slide, an e-bow, and some drum-sticks.  It was beautiful man. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

LMNO

AFK

I would've except I discovered that I'm fresh out of tape.  And I'm a real pack-rat and can't bring myself to record over anything. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

LMNO

Digital, motherfucker: do you record with it?