Nothing gets wasted around here

Main Menu

The Black Iron Prison - v2

Started by Cramulus, July 18, 2007, 06:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triple Zero

this one is stolen from deoxy.org, but really good IMO:

Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Darth Cupcake

I cannot give that one enough :mittens:

Srsly.
Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

Triple Zero

the blonde girl actually looks a bit like you, on those pics of past weekend, DC :-) with the glasses too, etc :-)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

hunter s.durden

I really like that, too.

I had a similar conversation with a stripper sunday.
This space for rent.

Darth Cupcake

It seems a pretty common conversation for members of this board to have, cause on average we suck slightly less than most people (slightly).

But I think it's presented really, really nicely in that comic. That makes it easily spread-able, as it were.
Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Welcome to The Black Iron Prison. You can break out anytime you want, but you can never leave.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Payne

Quote from: Ratatosk on July 19, 2007, 11:35:31 PM
Welcome to The Black Iron Prison. You can break out anytime you want, but you can never leave.

~~~Payne: Slaps forehead and groans.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Payne on July 19, 2007, 11:36:27 PM
Quote from: Ratatosk on July 19, 2007, 11:35:31 PM

~~~Payne: Slaps forehead and groans.

But its a parody and its true... well as true as any of the rest of this shit we're making up ;-)

Payne

I didn't say I didn't LIKE it.

It's just that giving yourself a labotomy with your bare hands is more original than giving the worn out mittens.

Or maybe I've heard far too much Hotel California, and this is my conditioned response.

That One Guy

The only version of Hotel California I can even remotely stand at this point is the Gypsy Kings one that was used in the Big Lebowski, which is a truly great cover.

As much as I can't stand the song any more, that's a pretty decent "one-sentence meme-bomb" summary of the BIP which can stick in the mind that much more effectively BECAUSE of an overplayed Eagles tune. Just seeing the line makes the song pop into your head, which is a sneaky little "memory association" trick.
People of the United States! We are Unitarian Jihad! We can strike without warning. Pockets of reasonableness and harmony will appear as if from nowhere! Nice people will run the government again! There will be coffee and cookies in the Gandhi Room after the revolution.

Arguing with a Unitarian Universalist is like mud wrestling a pig. Pretty soon you realize the pig likes it.

Payne

Possibly. I think of the NoFX cover, with hammering guitars and trumpet instead of the chorus, but it's the same thing, I suppose.

It works. Thats why I hate it.... :(

hunter s.durden

I agree with TOG... The Hell Frozen Over and the original are played, but that Spanish version was good.

And while is it a cringe inducing cliche, it is beautifully accurate.
This space for rent.

Payne

I agree the meme works too, see my above post.

Just, ach! Why must it fit so well?!

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Payne on July 20, 2007, 03:39:11 AM
I agree the meme works too, see my above post.

Just, ach! Why must it fit so well?!

Because Eris likes it when it hurts...

Payne

Thats why I drink. So I have plenty of glass bottles near by to hurt people with.