News:

Discordianism:  It is some kind of a communist sect.

Main Menu

Respite

Started by AFK, August 23, 2007, 02:06:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: vexati0n on August 26, 2007, 04:30:10 AM
2cents:

the ability to weigh new, even contradictory, evidence isn't what makes me a discordian. what makes me a discordian is my ability to recognize that you're a discordian, and not think badly of discordians because of it.

I think he's a fucktard.

But then again, I'm a Subgenius, not a Discordian.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Littlest Ubermensch

Quote from: Pope Lecherous on August 26, 2007, 03:51:27 AM
Quote from: The Littlest Ubermensch on August 26, 2007, 12:07:58 AM
It has nothing to do with the "questioning my lifestyle." I know how I'm living (and it is rather suburban and boring, but that's mostly because I'm too young to be living on my own), I'm comfortable with it, and I, to a certain degree, agree with your ideas. Many people are living their lives in ways which are ultimately too sedentary and contemplative, and I'm not here to deny that. However, it's the fact that instead of posing questions, you decide to start shouting your views as be all end all truths that pisses me off and gives me reason to believe you're a douchebag. And to be honest, one of the things I hate the most in any human being (or bad attempt at being human) is "sizing people up" and antagonizing "to see what they're made of". Living your whole life in confrontation (or preperation for confrontation) is quite possibly the most obnoxious, animalistic, adolescent behavior I can imagine, and it disgusts me to see douchebags like you acting like you're somehow better than a pile of muscles, organs, and testosterone.
So, fuck you, and the bold you rode in on.

For such an anti-confrontation guy "IRL" you're pretty E-Hard.  I admire that.  (No i don't that was sarcasm)  I'm not the first person to write in this tone on these forums, but i may have been the first person to call you on your highschool, me and my intarweb boys are LEET1337-so-let's-jump-on-the-bandwagon-and-talk-shit-to-this-guy, bullshit of a rebuttal.  Cabbages are animals, Discordians are Human.  Cabbages are basically evil creatures, that's what puts them one step above animals.  So if you're NOT trying to imply that i'm a musclebound jock, cuz you know me and shit.  What are you made of?  Are you not just a sack of flesh, muscles, bones, organs and (in this case) testosterone, with a diminished intellect?  Our ability to accept and weigh new shit, even ideas contradicting to our catma, is what makes us DISCORDIAN.  Someone mentioned a term doublethink right?  Get on some of that shit.

Quote from: The Littlest Ubermensch on August 26, 2007, 12:07:58 AM
...one of the things I hate the most in any human being blah blah blah

Don't hate a humans or cabbages, cuz they're just a reflection of yourself with a little twist.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 25, 2007, 09:36:15 PM
Sorry, I don't speak bold.
[witticism/philosophical insight/nifty quote to prove my intelligence to the forum]

LISTEN TO MY SHOW THURSDAY 5-7 EST

THEN GO TO MY MYSPACE

Pope Lecherous

2cents:

the ability to weigh new, even contradictory, evidence isn't what makes me a discordian. what makes me a discordian is my ability to recognize that you're a discordian, and not think badly of discordians because of it.

Good one.  Substitute any other minority in the place of Discordian and I guess that's what makes you NOT a racist or some other kind of hater.  What does tolerance have to do with it?  just cuz i'm Discordian, i don't have to tolerate you. But nm accepting people is what makes you Discordian :boring: 

And I didnt say just weigh or consider weighing new shit, but being able to ACCEPT something contrary to what you know to be correct.
--- War to the knife, knife to the hilt.

guest7654

Quote from: Pope Lecherous on August 26, 2007, 08:17:18 AM
2cents:

Good one.  Substitute any other minority in the place of Discordian and I guess that's what makes you NOT a racist or some other kind of hater.  What does tolerance have to do with it?  just cuz i'm Discordian, i don't have to tolerate you. But nm accepting people is what makes you Discordian :boring: 

And I didnt say just weigh or consider weighing new shit, but being able to ACCEPT something contrary to what you know to be correct.

Why would you accept something contrary to what you know to be correct?  Unless they are both correct.  Which does happen....  But if not, wtf?

You are speaking of doublethink again...which, I think, is supposed to be cabbage-like behavior, necessary for Orwell's dystopia.  Is the opposite true?  If so please explain.

Triple Zero

n00b-disease variation #3: telling us how to be a "proper" discordian.

and in this case it means we are supposed to accept and weigh all new SHIT (because yea, everything's permitted man!)
especially if it's contrary to what you know to be correct (because yea, nothing is truuuuuuuuue)

btw, i tried to find out, but this "thing" he's talking about? what we are supposed to accept that we consider not being correct? what he's been blabbing about for the past three posts .. what IS it, i couldn't find that bit in his boldness? or are we already arrived at the point for arguing about arguing with the occasional "no you can't use THAT in a discussion or you're no real diskordjun" ?

QuoteI am confrontational... and?  Don't the older, more experienced, salty posters on this forum incite or antagonize new people just to see what they are made of?

ehehehe

you'd be surprised. the new people usually antagonize themselves. it's just that we get such an influx of people who think they're weirder than their cat, or they know better about discordianism because they once ate a whole PrincipiaDiscordia while living in a dumpster for three months, that you *hardly even notice* the posters with half a brain and using it not being antagonized one bit and just start fucking contributing or saying smart things instead of stirring shit in boldface.

QuoteI'm not the first person to write in this tone on these forums

this is correct. we had many many MANY others who tried writing in bold-type alone. all of them gave it up after a while.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Pope Lecherous

Quote from: triple zero on August 26, 2007, 11:52:04 AM
n00b-disease variation #3: telling us how to be a "proper" discordian.

So i guess when i was referring to myself and telling the person i was talking to what I DO, i must have been telling him what to do.  No i didnt, so u can get off my nuts too.

and in this case it means we are supposed to accept and weigh all new SHIT (because yea, everything's permitted man!)
especially if it's contrary to what you know to be correct (because yea, nothing is truuuuuuuuue)

Yea.  If my FUCKING FONT wasnt too bold for you to read before than you would have seen i said there are such a thing as moral absolutes, a such thing as right and wrong.  But i know the font... it's kicking your ass.

btw, i tried to find out, but this "thing" he's talking about? what we are supposed to accept that we consider not being correct? what he's been blabbing about for the past three posts .. what IS it, i couldn't find that bit in his boldness? or are we already arrived at the point for arguing about arguing with the occasional "no you can't use THAT in a discussion or you're no real diskordjun" ?

Can you do something you know is wrong?  Can you love 2 people?  Can you hold a firm moral stance and accept the behavior of others which does not fit in your moral spectrum.  Can you be morally and idealogically opposed to something and do it of your own volition even if it is not necessary?  Is there any evil or goodness you cannot accept?  Think about that for a little at least rzast can approach me in a non-hostile way.

...just start fucking contributing or saying smart things instead of stirring shit in boldface.
I'm here to stir shit billy... that stupid shit stuck in your head.  It seems this forum is stuck in a rut.

this is correct. we had many many MANY others who tried writing in bold-type alone. all of them gave it up after a while.

Maybe I'll stop tomorrow.  Or maybe i'll just do what i want.  Or better yet, you guys might break me with your relentless unbearable taunting :aww:  Oh yea and what do you tell people when they ask you what a Discordian is? Do you say,Who Are The Discordians!? We are a tribe of philosophers, theologians, magicians, scientists, artists, clowns, and similar maniacs who are intrigued with ... Or do you say, I thought this one cat was telling me how to act as a Discordian but i was like HELL NO... I told him!
--- War to the knife, knife to the hilt.

Payne

The Good Reverend Roger

2cents:

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Pope Lecherous on August 26, 2007, 02:53:03 PM
It seems this forum is stuck in a rut.

HE'S HERE TO SAVE US!  OH, THANK GOD A REALLY REALLY REAL DISCORDIAN IS HERE TO TEACH US!

:lulz:

Payne

Everyone =

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 26, 2007, 03:13:57 PM
Quote from: Payne on August 26, 2007, 03:02:33 PM
Somebody, KYSFB.

Outlandish, isn't he?

He's OUT THERE.

I was going to say that putting a gun in someones hand sometimes seems to make them think that they have power, even where a gun means nothing. But that is rendered meaningless by the fact that many others on this board have a firearm and yet are STILL cool.

Ah well, wouldn't want this guy to think i'm anti-military or anything, so I'll end this line of reasoning.

Payne

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 26, 2007, 03:15:15 PM

HE'S HERE TO SAVE US!  OH, THANK GOD A REALLY REALLY REAL DISCORDIAN IS HERE TO TEACH US!

You have infected me or something. I was going to say the same thing!

DAMN YOU AND YOUR FUCKING MIND RAYS!

:mind ray:

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Payne on August 26, 2007, 03:19:19 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 26, 2007, 03:15:15 PM

You have infected me or something. I was going to say the same thing!

DAMN YOU AND YOUR FUCKING MIND RAYS!

:mind ray:

I need them.  To mind control you all.

Triple Zero

Quote from: triple zero on August 26, 2007, 11:52:04 AMn00b-disease variation #3: telling us how to be a "proper" discordian.
So i guess when i was referring to myself and telling the person i was talking to what I DO, i must have been telling him what to do.  No i didnt, so u can get off my nuts too.

so that's why you wrote "Our ability to accept and weigh new shit, even ideas contradicting to our catma, is what makes us DISCORDIAN." [de-emphasis added], referring only to yourself?

QuoteBut i know the font... it's kicking your ass.

totally.

if you want your posts to be read, better make them easy to read.

things that make your posts less easy to read:
- writing in all-caps
- writing in all-italics
- writing in all-bold
- writing in small font
- writing without paragraphs
- writing incoherent streams of consciousness
- writing dada
- etc

this is not trying to diss you, this is serious advice. all these "styles" make text harder to read, drawing attention away from the message towards the packaging.

but you seem to have made a conscious choice to direct the attention of the readers of your posts to the packaging (bold) of your message.
why is that? a test, perhaps? to see if these discordians can step over their "preconceived notions" and pick out the message from your packaging despite you going out of your way to make it harder to read?

(i'm just guessing, maybe you have a perfectly fine reason for this)

QuoteI'm here to stir shit billy... that stupid shit stuck in your head.

a tall order,

let's see you do it

QuoteIt seems this forum is stuck in a rut.

HA!

i was really, really waiting for someone to say that

what has it been, weeks? maybe two months?

anyone remember, when was the last time this forum was DED

we were way overdue, anyway

i am, however, kinda surprised it ended up being a n00b, saying it

QuoteMaybe I'll stop tomorrow.  Or maybe i'll just do what i want.

because posting in bold is really, really what you want

your deep desire to boldly type where no man .. hm. so you can throw a fit when people start paying more attention to your typeface than the actual content YEAH! because you're here to stir SHIT and posting in bold is probably the single best way to go about that!

QuoteOh yea and what do you tell people when they ask you what a Discordian is? Do you say,[/b]Who Are The Discordians!? We are a tribe of philosophers, theologians, magicians, scientists, artists, clowns, and similar maniacs who are intrigued with ... Or do you say, I thought this one cat was telling me how to act as a Discordian but i was like HELL NO... I told him!

i don't quite get what you're trying to ask me here

but if you want to know about what people tell people when they ask about discordianism, you're welcome to start a thread about it, or use the forum-search function, because it's already been discussed once, you can bump that (it was in Apple Talk, iirc)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Payne

Yes.

But nm accepting TEH MIND RAYS is what makes you Discordian :boring: