News:

There's only a handful of you, and you're acting like obsessed lunatics.

I honestly wouldn't want to ever be washed up on the shore unconscious on an island run by you lot.

Main Menu

YOU KNOW WHAT FUCKING BUGS ME ABOUT THIS GODDAMN CENTURY?

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, September 30, 2007, 05:30:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rabidpigmy

Maybe it's open, maybe it's closed. Maybe we can escape it, maybe we can't. How do we know when we're the cause of it? In reference to a Velvet Underground song, freed from one illusion...free to choose another?

I've no clue. :x :?

The Littlest Ubermensch

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 30, 2007, 06:41:23 AM
Quote from: rabidpigmy on September 30, 2007, 06:35:26 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 30, 2007, 06:31:12 AM
Quote from: rabidpigmy on September 30, 2007, 06:27:03 AM
I agree with TLU, but I might also add that with time the position of power may have shifted and that guy who we think is the head is no longer the real threat. The enemies are his superiors *edited due to wrong wording*. Duh-duh-duh! :eek:

HAR HAR HAR!

WRONG AGAIN.

The president is owned by his contributors.

His contributors are corporations (Halliburton, etc).

The corporations are owned by the shareholders.

The shareholders are mostly mutual funds, etc.

The mutual funds are owned by the people that use them for retirement plans.

That's Joe 6 Pack.  You and me.

TGRR,
Has met the enemy, and he is us.

Precisely.  :lol::emo:

This is why my rant was mostly about the People, not the president.

Which TLU chose to ignore.

Not really. Just decided to look at the part you and the entire rest of the board hadn't already gone over a billion times. I suppose it was just a bad attempt at adding content. Really shouldn't have started an argument over nothing.
[witticism/philosophical insight/nifty quote to prove my intelligence to the forum]

LISTEN TO MY SHOW THURSDAY 5-7 EST

THEN GO TO MY MYSPACE

tyrannosaurus vex

Sometimes you have to kick a dead horse to save the villagers pinned underneath it..

(Other times, it just smells funny and that makes you giggle.)
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

The Littlest Ubermensch

Quote from: vexati0n on October 01, 2007, 05:16:17 AM
Sometimes you have to kick a dead horse to save the villagers pinned underneath it..

(Other times, it just smells funny and that makes you giggle.)

I suppose so. On the other hand, when the amount of material we already have is large and mostly unnoticed, why bother making new stuff unless it's doing something new? Greater distribution of the old material would have just as much of an impact as rehashing old material, with less bandwidth used.
[witticism/philosophical insight/nifty quote to prove my intelligence to the forum]

LISTEN TO MY SHOW THURSDAY 5-7 EST

THEN GO TO MY MYSPACE

The Good Reverend Roger

Heh.  So I'm a waste of bandwidth.

Sorry I bothered.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cramulus

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 30, 2007, 05:30:07 AM
It's that everything seems so goddamn GENERIC now.  Even our BAD GUYS, our monsters and criminals and politicians are all vanilla, you know, hollow and plastic.  Nixon was a man you could really HATE, for example...as opposed to the airhead we have today.

Agreed there. I mean, I don't really hate said airhead - I feel sorry for all the people that do hate him because they're wasting their time and buying the distraction.

All this politics is public theater. Like the lead character in Thank You For Smoking put it: (paraphrase) "Do we have the best government? Well, we certainly have a very entertaining government."

QuoteAnd the people.  Oh, go ahead and get me started on the people.  Most of them don't even know what fucking YEAR it is, anymore...and they don't CARE, so long as the teevee works and the gas station has gas and the grocery store has food.  Indeed, we are kings of creation.  Until the power fails...Then, of course, we are simply 2 legged stores of fat for aggressive coyotes.

:D
this reminds me: I used to wear a wrist band which said "What Would Coyote Do?"

QuoteLet me say unto you that terms like "dignity" are MEANINGLESS in a society where you can get ARRESTED for saying the WRONG THING to a POLITICIAN.  Let me ALSO say that being a GOOD CITIZEN only works if you live in a GOOD SOCIETY.

Rah Rah

Who's the "good guy" in the post apocalyptic shitscape? He's picking through kipple and starving while his mates are mugging people at knifepoint.

What does the "good citizen" do in 1984?

What is "virtue" in a world of criminals-by-necessity?

Bring the fire, TGRR.

hunter s.durden

Quote from: Professor Cramulus on October 01, 2007, 04:16:05 PM
Agreed there. I mean, I don't really hate said airhead - I feel sorry for all the people that do hate him because they're wasting their time and buying the distraction.

You don't?

Is there anything you do hate?
This space for rent.

Cramulus

Quote from: hunter s.durden on October 01, 2007, 09:07:01 PM

You don't?

Is there anything you do hate?

When I use the word Hate I am usually referring to things I personally interact with. Maybe I'm media-numb and desensitized, but I can't get that worked up about shit I see on the news. Even if it really irks me -- most of the time I reserve my Hate for people and things which I can actually take a swing at.

There are a few hot button issues and larger institutional things that I hate - like Top 40 music and pharmaceutical conglomerates. But I don't Hate them like I Hate, say, my deadbeat ex-flatmate who still owes me a couple hundred bucks, or my neighbor's holier-than-thou drunkard fiance. Bush? Yeah, he sucks proper, but he's just a face on a screen.

The Good Reverend Roger

Bring the fire, TGRR.

Sorry.  There is no more fire.  We're fresh out.

TGRR,
Retired from ranting.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

DarkStar

Freedom should never be taken for granted.  When you give yours away, you give mine.  Fuck you.

Payne

I hope he returns to ranting. If he doesn't vent his hate, the world will end, and I'm not done playing in it yet.

Jasper

I am glad to say that my Canadian dual citizenship is set to go through soon.

East Coast Hustle

why on earth would you be glad about that?

srsly, I'm not busting your balls here.

well, OK, I am busting your balls but it's also a serious question. What makes you think that canada (ESPECIALLY B.C.) is any different than America when you get right down to it?
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Cain

It can only carry out interventionist foreign policies against nations whose militaries are made up of drafted sheep-herders.

East Coast Hustle

Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"