Main Menu

Coffee.

Started by Triple Zero, January 26, 2008, 01:29:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFK

thanks for reminding me, I need to go make some joe
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

AFK

Hey, anybody catch the last Iron Chef America?  It was Battle Coffee!

Suu

I suddenly want Thai Iced Coffee.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

LMNO

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on April 08, 2008, 08:14:15 PM
Hey, anybody catch the last Iron Chef America?  It was Battle Coffee!

Was that the one with Ken Oringer?

I wanted to see that.  I am in love with his cooking.

AFK

Yep, and after seeing that ep. I want to go to one of his restaurants. 

LMNO

3 restaraunts in Boston: Clio (Ultra-high end french), Toro (Hig-end tapas), and La Verdad (cheap taqueria in Fenway).

They are all amazing.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

AFK

Hmm, maybe the wife and I need to make a trip to Beantown for the 5th Anniversary.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Fuck, now I want Thai iced tea. I want it now. I am going to go make this happen.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Triple Zero

Quote from: Triple Zero on January 27, 2008, 06:45:07 PM
this is true. some good quality espresso coffee somehow made my way, i just made regular coffee out of it, but it was very good indeed.

in fact, the red "markus" brand you see on the photo is the cheapest stuff you can get from the Aldi, and it's definitely less good than the "euroshopper", another cheap brand from another supermarket.

the aldi also got a slightly more expensive gold markus brand, which probably is better quality coffee, i gotta check if it's cheaper by the pound than the euroshopper variety. but this red brand will simply not do.

Dear past self.

The "gold brand" stuff is pure arabica, whereas the "red brand" stuff is robusta+arabica, with the proportions never listed on the cheaper brands, so it probably varies quite a lot.

Pure arabica is nice for a change, but too smooth for every day drinking.

Also, you were a snotty bitch. Please stop that. Oh wait, you already did 8)

Note to future self: try mixing up gold+red brand of extremely cheap ALDI coffee, see what happens.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

AFK

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on April 08, 2008, 08:55:03 PM
3 restaraunts in Boston: Clio (Ultra-high end french), Toro (Hig-end tapas), and La Verdad (cheap taqueria in Fenway).

They are all amazing.

The wife and I are planning a Boston get-away sometime this summer so I need to remember to look into these places. 

LMNO

One of his proteges is Jamie Bissonnette (and he won his episode of Chopped!), who now has a place called "Coppa" in the South End, which specializes in Italian Bistro-ish dishes, with a focus on charcuterie.  It's awesome.

The Good Reverend Roger

Coffee:  Out of a can, into the filter.  Run water through it.  Serve hot.  Inna mug.

OR

Death Coffee (the cold-rolled/slow heated version)

Everything else is blasphemy.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on May 13, 2011, 02:20:55 PM
One of his proteges is Jamie Bissonnette (and he won his episode of Chopped!), who now has a place called "Coppa" in the South End, which specializes in Italian Bistro-ish dishes, with a focus on charcuterie.  It's awesome.

I will, on principle, never patronize any restaurant if I am aware that the chef there has been on a reality TV cooking show.

Clio, however, is awesome. If that dude has ever been on some Food Network piece of schlock, I don't want to know about it.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

LMNO

Fuck you, Ken Oringer lost on Iron Chef America.

There.

Elitist bastard.  GO BACK TO SEATTLE!