News:

Endorsement: "I could go so far as to say they simply use Discordianism as a mechanism for causing havoc, and an excuse for mischief."

Main Menu

HAY! How you make that drank?

Started by Eve, March 29, 2008, 03:11:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Reginald Ret

not too much ice! just a hint of frozen water is excellent in scotch but try not to dilute it too much.

Regret,
has no clue where he got that bit of wisdom because he has no recollection of ever liking scotch....(and im sure its personal experience i can still remember the taste difference.)
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

B_M_W

Bloody Mary

Tomato Juice (or V8, depending on your preference)
ice
Vodka
Lemon juice
Pickle juice (just take a old jar of pickles and pour a bit of the liquid out)
Worcestershire sauce
Tobasco sauce
Salt and pepper (I usually avoid the salt around the rim)

Mix with celery stalk, add pickles and olives for garnish

Best drink ever.
One by one, we break the sheep from their Iron Bar Prisons and expand their imaginations, make them think for themselves. In turn, they break more from their prisons. Eventually, critical mass is reached. Our key word: Resolve. Evangelize with compassion and determination. And realize that there will be few in the beginning. We are hand picking our successors. They are the future of Discordianism. Let us guide our future with intelligence.

--Reverse Brainwashing: A Guide http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=9801.0

6.5 billion Buddhas walking around.

99.xxxxxxx% forgot they are Buddha.

Jenne

Roo

Quote from: B_M_W on April 01, 2008, 02:12:06 PM
Bloody Mary

Tomato Juice (or V8, depending on your preference)
ice
Vodka
Lemon juice
Pickle juice (just take a old jar of pickles and pour a bit of the liquid out)
Worcestershire sauce
Tobasco sauce
Salt and pepper (I usually avoid the salt around the rim)

Mix with celery stalk, add pickles and olives for garnish

Best drink ever.

Do never forget the vodka. Bloody Mary- vodka=blech!

Triple Zero

actually, i love drinking tomato juice with a dash of worcestershire sauce, tobasco and a few drops of limejuice. i usually leave out the rest of the stuff though, but that's mostly laziness.

one thing that's very important about a bloody mary is the amount of vodka you put in it. too much vodka and you can really spoil it, IMO.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: LMNO on March 31, 2008, 02:06:15 PM
Does "the bottle" count as a glass?

yeah, but you wouldn't believe how hard it is to cram the ice cubes into it.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Suu

Quote from: triple zero on April 01, 2008, 08:45:56 PM
actually, i love drinking tomato juice with a dash of worcestershire sauce, tobasco and a few drops of limejuice. i usually leave out the rest of the stuff though, but that's mostly laziness.

one thing that's very important about a bloody mary is the amount of vodka you put in it. too much vodka and you can really spoil it, IMO.

This is very true. It's a flavorful drink, not one to be slammed to get 'drunk'. Though it tends to happen after 3 or 4 anyway.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Mmmm I love a good Bloody Mary! I never had one until Boots took me out for brunch one morning a few months ago.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Jenne

I like BMW's recipe b/c of the pickle juice--never thought of doing that before, but damn, that's gotta happen soon!  With pepper AND lemon-flavored vodka!  :D

Doktor Loki

Tucker Death Mix

1 pint of Everclear (more like Devilclear, amirite?)
1 thing of gatorade (dont know the fucking measurement.)
1 can of red bull.

http://www.tuckermax.com/archives/entries/date/tucker_goes_to_hockey_game_causes_trouble.phtml#279

read that story, and you will understand the glory of this drink.
Not a Doctor?  Why, of course I'm a Doctor!  Why else would I have this scalpel?      ~Doctor Mad

"He that hath a beard is more than a youth, and he that hath no beard is less than a man."
- William Shakespeare

"If you hear crazy voices in your head which tell you to do something, even something evil, YOU'D BETTER FUCKING DO IT BECAUSE IT MIGHT BE GOD." - Soren Keirkegaard

Jenne

That was pretty awesome.  :lulz:  Reminds me of my first round(s) of vodka-red bull...I was convinced everyone must know about Jesus's clitoris.  Embarassed the shit out of my brothers who had invited me, along with all their friends, to see one of their gigs.

Ah me.  Those were the days.

Doktor Loki

Whiskey sour.  Very tasty.  Crown Royal and Squirt.  Mix to taste.  (PROTIP: make these very strong.)
Not a Doctor?  Why, of course I'm a Doctor!  Why else would I have this scalpel?      ~Doctor Mad

"He that hath a beard is more than a youth, and he that hath no beard is less than a man."
- William Shakespeare

"If you hear crazy voices in your head which tell you to do something, even something evil, YOU'D BETTER FUCKING DO IT BECAUSE IT MIGHT BE GOD." - Soren Keirkegaard

Jenne

Jasper

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on April 01, 2008, 11:17:24 PM
Quote from: LMNO on March 31, 2008, 02:06:15 PM
Does "the bottle" count as a glass?

yeah, but you wouldn't believe how hard it is to cram the ice cubes into it.

Just drop the thing inna freezer for a half hour.  Chilled bottles are as good or better than iced drinks.