News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "In other words, Discordianism, like postmodernism, means never having to say your sorry."

Main Menu

HAY! How you make that drank?

Started by Eve, March 29, 2008, 03:11:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jenne

I made a drink that tasted like an alcholic orangina last night:

ice
juice of 3 small oranges (sweeter, the better)
rum
triple sec
splash of squirt (grapefruit soda)

Twas yum.  We had oranges going bad, so I made one of these with rum, and one with vodka for the mate.

Sepia

For apeshit drunkenness on little to no money:
Highball glass
6cl Brandy
Fill with cava

For apeshit drunkenness with style:
3/4 oz Sweet Vermouth
2 1/2 oz Blended Bourbon
dash Angostura bitters
2 or 3 Ice cubes
1 Maraschino cherry

After discovering evan williams I've taken to love it in a manhattan. Combine all ingredients in a mixing glass, stir gently and pour over a proper glass with a cherry in the bottom.
Everyone will always be too late

M.K

Oh, this reminds me of a few drinking games I have been involved with. How about something like this:

M.K's Black Magic: A small amount of beer of choise + aromatic salt (dunno if this is the right word for it, I don't speak english daily.)
Quaranteed vomiting.
I vaguely remember drinking something that had in it some long drink (wikipedia it), beer, two kinds of red wine, an alcohol drink called Diesel (I googled it, you only get this kind in Finland), some booze, some salmiakki-flavored Koskenkorva (google it)....

I wonder if I missed something? For some reason I can't remember the drink that well. Vomited fiercely. Twice.
Die Scheiße ist das Kühlgebläse angeschlagen.

NWC

Bwine:

Take a can of PBR(actually it's better if you drink 3 or 4 first, so take 5 just to be safe), and some rose-colored or white boxed wine(Franzia works great). After you're already moderately drunk, drink half of a PBR, then fill the rest of it with the boxed wine.

It's actually not bad.

Of course I've only had it once already trashed, but I remember it tasting pretty good, and it was certainly good for the  :lulz: factor.
PROSECUTORS WILL BE TRANSGRESSICUTED

trippinprincezz13

- shotglass
- Fill about 2/3 - 3/4 with beer
- carefully layer everclear on top
- set on fire
- drink

Jungle Juice:

Cut off the top of a watermelon in a manner that will allow it to fit back as a cap/plug.  Carve out watermelon leaving a thin layer inside. Cut up the watermelon that was taken out, along with fruit of your choice. We used granny smith apples, strawberries, pineapple, orange, honeydew & cantaloupe. Apples absorb the alcohol the best, berries not so much, but they taste really good in the drink. Put fruit into a large bowl and soak overnight in bottle (200ml) of everclear, and about 3/4 of a 750ml bottle of fruit-flavored alcohol (we used bicardi melon).  Next day (or whenever you're planning to have it) pour fruit and alcohol into the watermelon shell. Add fruit punch, sprite (if you wish, may needed to be added after some of the punch has been drunk already), and any other alcohol you might want (used triple sec and apple puckers). Chill over ice.  Drink up!

The punch itself didn't taste that strong, but the fruit was packed with alcohol, so it's a nice balance. Some of the apples were like taking a shot.
There's no sun shine coming through her ass, if you are sure of your penis.

Paranoia is a disease unto itself, and may I add, the person standing next to you, may not be who they appear to be, so take precaution.

If there is no order in your sexual life it may be difficult to stay with a whole skin.

Richter

1.5 oz gin (GOOD gin only: Bombay Saphire IMHO)
2 -3 oz. tonic water
Slice of lime

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

NWC

Quote from: Richter on May 29, 2008, 10:45:32 PM
1.5 oz gin (GOOD gin only: Bombay Saphire IMHO)
2 -3 oz. tonic water
Slice of lime

I had a G+T last week, but it was really shitty gin. It was pretty ehhh, for obvious reasons.

But yeah, I'll have to give it a go with Bombay Sapphire next time I have the opportunity.

Triple Zero

Quote from: M.K on May 28, 2008, 01:47:19 PMsome salmiakki-flavored Koskenkorva (google it)....

YOU DRINK SALMIAKKI OR YOU NO REAL FINISH! :lulz:

is koskenkorva a kind of vodka?
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Jenne

Also:  breakin':  wtf? seems absinthe is NOW LEGAL in the US.

Me = buyin' some tmro.

NWC

Quote from: Jenne on May 31, 2008, 08:38:51 AM
Also:  breakin':  wtf? seems absinthe is NOW LEGAL in the US.

Me = buyin' some tmro.

Don't get too excited.

It's not really absinthe, but it tastes very similar. It has trace levels of thujone, and that is accomplished by using Southern Wormwood instead of Grande Wormwood.

The result is not bad perse, but it's over-priced and over-hyped. The best "absinthe" I've been able to find legally in the US is called "Absente". It has a very licorice-like taste, and even though it's 110 proof I've never needed or wanted a chaser. It hovers around $40 a bottle, and some bottles even come with absinthe spoons(I've never gotten those, as I already have 2 cuillere-style spoons).

If it's been awhile since you've had the real stuff, or if you've never had it, then maybe pick up a bottle. Otherwise I'd say save your money until you go overseas and just get the real stuff.

Richter

They do sell "real" absinthe in the USA now, made with the regular wormwood.  It still has to pass FDA regs. as far as thujone concentration though, so there are only a few brands that are imported thus far.

I've tried one of the brands, Kubler, which has good flavor and louches well. 
As far as psychoactivity, anyone's guess, but it's a good, if expensive drink even without that.  What I have noticed whenever drinking it is the very lucid, almost cynical, intoxication

Straight up it's OK.  If you like ouzo or sambuca, you'll like this.  It is a bit harsh.

Traditionally mixed it gets a bit sweet / watery for my own tastes.

I recommend mixing 1 shot absinthe, 1 shot clear, cold water, and a pinch of cane sugar stirred together for the best of both.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

NWC

Quote from: Richter on May 31, 2008, 08:30:51 PM
They do sell "real" absinthe in the USA now, made with the regular wormwood.  It still has to pass FDA regs. as far as thujone concentration though, so there are only a few brands that are imported thus far.

I've tried one of the brands, Kubler, which has good flavor and louches well. 
As far as psychoactivity, anyone's guess, but it's a good, if expensive drink even without that.  What I have noticed whenever drinking it is the very lucid, almost cynical, intoxication

Straight up it's OK.  If you like ouzo or sambuca, you'll like this.  It is a bit harsh.

Traditionally mixed it gets a bit sweet / watery for my own tastes.

I recommend mixing 1 shot absinthe, 1 shot clear, cold water, and a pinch of cane sugar stirred together for the best of both.

Really? I haven't been able to find anything better than the Absente I had, excluding stuff you can buy online. But with that I've gotten some excellent stuff from New Zealand, as well as a few other notable varieties from Europe.

As for the traditional preparation, I agree, too watery and even moreso too sweet. I'm not big on sweet things in general though, so that probably has something to do with it. When I feel like being fancy though, I'll still bring out the spoons and sugar cubes just for the atmosphere.

I'm trying to find the least expensive yet decent quality variety for when my girlfriend's parents come in August to meet me and my parents. They have an 'apperatif" every evening, just a social drink, and I would love to prepare some nice absinthe the traditional way for them. I'm looking to spend no more than $~60-70 for a bottle, any recommendations?

Oh, and I live in IN, which seems to bring trouble when ordering online from US vendors. Overseas folk don't care what state you're in, but there's some sort of state law or something that is inhibiting me from ordering absinthe from any US place, so it's either liquor store or high shipping costs.

PeregrineBF

Whisky should be drunk from a scotch glass, without ice, filtered through water (pour about 4 drops of water over the back of a spoon onto the top of it)
Same for Whiskey. I like Oban for Whisky and Tullamore Dew for Whiskey.
Limoncello
(Italian lemon-flavored liqueur)
Yield: About 2 liters
INGREDIENTS:
15 Lemons
2 750ml bottles of Vodka, 100 proof
4 cups Sugar
5 cups Water
METHOD
Basic Steps: Infuse → Boil → Infuse
Scrub the lemons with soap and a vegetable brush to remove any wax or pesticides. Remove the zest (outer peel) from the lemons using a vegetable peeler. Take care not to include any of the bitter white pith.
Place the lemon zest in a large (around 1 gallon) bottle or jar. Pour the first bottle of vodka over the zest, seal tightly, and set in a cool, dark place to steep for 40 days, shaking occasionally.
Mix the sugar and water in a large saucepan and bring to a boil. Let boil until the syrup starts to thicken, 5-10 minutes. Let cool completely. Add to the lemon zest mixture, along with the second bottle of vodka. Mix well and let set for 40 days.
Strain (cheesecloth), pour into bottles, and chill. Store in the freezer.
It's sweet. Good dessert drink.

Apple Pie
INGREDIENTS
    * 1 gallon apple juice
    * 1 gallon apple cider
    * 2 cups white sugar
    * 8 cinnamon sticks
    * 1 (750 milliliter) bottle 190 proof grain alcohol (everclear)
    * 1 Tbsp Nutmeg
    * 1 Tbsp Allspice
    * 16 whole cloves
    * 1 cup honey
DIRECTIONS
   1. Pour the apple juice into the pot, keep the jug.
   2. Put the pot on the stove, turn the heat on medium.
   3. When the pot is warm, add the spices.
   4. Stir in the honey & sugar (you have to stir, or it will sit on the bottom).
   5. Cover the pot, and crank the heat up to high.
   6. When the pot reaches a roiling boil, turn off the heat.
   7. Let the pot cool until it is warm enough to touch.
   8. Add alcohol (everclear).
   9. You now have Pie, but it's got a lot of spices in it.

Filter the pie. Use a big funnel stuffed with cheese cloth. It may get clogged from all the sediment, so watch for that.

Your Pie is best cold. If you plan on drinking it soon, stick it in the fridge. You could also put your Pie in storage, as it will keep for a long time.
Pie is a Ren Faire drink.

M.K

Die Scheiße ist das Kühlgebläse angeschlagen.

Triple Zero

yeah i know, i'm Dutch, we eat it as well :) i love the stuff, called "drop" here.

i was referring to the drunken finnish dudes at the european demoparties i've been to, drinking salmiakki mixed with vodka (or perhaps koskenkorva, i dunno)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.