News:

Your innocence proves nothing.

Main Menu

Radio Free Discordia

Started by Mourning Star, April 28, 2008, 06:28:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Put "Audio Goatse" on.

I might get around to making some tracks once next week is over, and I have much more spare time.

bds

Cramulus

No, a shoutbox.

Something for the front page, so the DJ can say "My show is starting - any requests?" or "Cram's show this week will consist of sewer noises." and newsy updates like that. Something that will be visible from the front page (where people are going to see if the station is running) and will persist if you're not logged into chat.

I mean, the chat is good, but it's only useful while the show is playing. Since shows are few and far between, we should have some means of communicating other than realtime chat.

bds

Oright. I don't think that'll be too hard for MS to put up, if he wants.

Triple Zero

WP is bound to have a plugin for that.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Rev.Spade

work is done about 55% on the podcast... I am such a lazy dude lol

Cramulus

for anyone that's interested: RFD is currently broadcasting random tracks from my playlist

I figured I should try to fill up dead air time, yeah?

LMNO

My Shoutcast says the stream is not found.

LMNO

Quote from: LMNO on April 14, 2009, 06:54:38 PM
My Shoutcast says the stream is not found.

Weird.  When I "favorite'd" it, it couldn't find it, but when I "searched" for it, it was there.

Dynamic shoutcast address?

Rococo Modem Basilisk

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

bds

Cram, just a note: I've not got a problem with you leaving your stuff on all day at all, but 'cause I'm doing my show from this wonderful country, it's actually still quite early in the day over where you are, and you might still be at work when it gets round to my slot. So... Can you not leave your stuff going this Thursday, 'cause that's when my show is this week... And then I gotta sort some stuff out with MS, and decide when my real slot's gunna be.

Ugh. That sounded horribly formal and irritating. DICKBALLS!

Cramulus

No prob, bob.

I wonder what happens if two people shoutcast at the same time.

bds

I think it cuts the first one off... I'm not sure though.

Mourning Star

If a stream is in progress, another stream will not be able to start.  Unless an admin forces the first stream to disconnect first.

(in other words, you're free to broadcast whenever there is open space in the schedule, just make sure you drop off about 5 minutes before a scheduled event.

Rev.Spade

My podcast is almost finished. PLease forgive the slowness of it all. It's gonna last from 30minutes to 1hour for this episode alone. I love to give content to my listenenrs as long as they review and criticize goodly and badly my work. I just cannot live with the fact of making a podcast talking about nothing that tickles my fancy...
Expect it at the latest date saturday may 1st