Nothing gets wasted around here

Main Menu

Overpay for an underkill

Started by Sepia, May 25, 2008, 10:23:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sepia

"TIME IS NOT IMPORTANT, ONLY LIFE IS IMPORTANT"
      - The crushed alien from the 5th element

Time, is not on your side, time, is not your friend because time will bring you what you want the least, time will bring you death and the complete annihilation of everything you worked for but you celebrate the passing of time and if I didn't know you did this purely because you like to get drunk and because you like to uphold traditions you've never questioned or tried to make better or different I might have given you, humanity as a whole, an inch of respect.

But you didn't and you won't. Robert Anton Wilson died today or rather, the last parts of Wilson that I kept with me disappeared and vanished into the fresh morning air in the park where I was sitting, reading a book, drinking wine and smoking cigarettes. It was one of the first things I learned from him so it had certain nostalgic value and would eventually be what got me on the course of discordianism and it struck me that I'd built the foundation on my worldview at it and never look back and changed it. I was around 19 at the time and I went to a community college, learning some photography but more about this world and there was this dude in the text class. He was older than most of us and me and him fell into a hate/love relationship which was the most interesting thing about that year. I never loved him and I do not love him now, entrenched as he is in the life he loves and the traditions he always wanted to tear down.

His name was Rodney and his middlename was Best. Both names his father had gotten for him from soccer players he had a boyish infatuation with. I've come to understand he was a rare breed of discordian, even for a guy who had the erisian date of when he was born tattooed on his arse as he was quite right-wing and conservative, he was a boy who wanted to be a Man. None of it clung to me although I had my bout with lolpinealgland23OMGLOLHESFUCKINGANAPPLE later on when I devoured most of Wilsons texts but there was this one piece of shitty internet graphic hacked together on a warezed copy of photoshop, rasterbated and stretched the way only amateurs with access to the school printer can. It said Every man, woman and ostrich is a tsar.

I'd wish it was true and I've been wishing it to be true for the last five years and I think that there's a bigger chance that every ostrich in the world is a tsar than any man or woman to be. Let's take a classic example:

"No one is born with a stare like Vladimir Putin's. The Russian President's pale blue eyes are so cool, so devoid of emotion that the stare must have begun as an affect, the gesture of someone who understood that power might be achieved by the suppression of ordinary needs, like blinking. The affect is now seamless, which makes talking to the Russian President not just exhausting but often chilling. It's a gaze that says, I'm in charge."     - Adi Ignatius, TIME

Here we have a literal tsar and you see his eyes like you've seen his eyes and they are cold and filled with frost and steel and resolve and madness. A controlled madness, like the madness of Hunter S. Thompson. There is an edge somewhere in our world. It is invisible and you only realize it's there when you've marched around for far too long or flung yourself over it.
You need time to become a tsar unless you're gifted with the talent and so few are of that breed. So few are talents in whatever discipline and so few want to find their edge and feel it because it's better going comfortable and I hate myself for saying this for it's been said so many times and now I realize, in moments of realization when your hate pushes through your teeth and you'd want rabies just so you could go out and club people without worrying about that sentence afterwards.

Some crave happiness, some crave alcohol or drugs, some crave love and hate but noone craves to know where the edge lies, noone craves to know the limitations of their brains or souls because they have better use for their time.
Everyone will always be too late

The Good Reverend Roger

:mittens:

You need to post more often.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Dido

Your cool stare isn't too bad either.

:mittens: