News:

There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.

Main Menu

Frequently asked questions..

Started by Purpleris Niaiseris, June 08, 2008, 11:24:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nostalgicBadger

That.. I don't... I don't understand at all.
meh.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: nostalgicBadger on July 06, 2008, 03:23:52 AM
That.. I don't... I don't understand at all.

Fortunately, that is not required.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Sir Squid Diddimus

Quote from: That One Guy on June 27, 2008, 06:29:06 PM
I have to agree with Rata. Pot? Good times. Mushrooms? Excellent. LSD? Well, other than the fact that strichnine HATES me it was OK, I guess. But Opium was just kind of boring. Yes, it felt like my brain was taking a relaxing warm bath for a few hours, but that was it, really. Also, other than some laced weed, I've never intentionally done Coke or PCP and have zero desire to do either. I'm far too mellow to want to do Coke, and I've SEEN what people on PCP are like, and I have no desire to experience that.

You can't run around and do fun stuff, you can't even really enjoy it on anything but a mechanical/physical level. There are more interesting ways to shut your brain off, and you'll probably have a more interesting time than on opiates. I can understand it being horribly addictive on a physical level, but it just wasn't fun. And isn't that the point of screwing with the body/neurochemistry? The fun times running around that you only half-remember?

strychnine
in your LSD?
where the hell are you getting that from??
not that i really want to know where you got it, but srsly, if you're getting shit with that in it...

psst- it's a myth

Cain

I prefer dealers who cut my LSD with belladonna.

Personal preference purely.

That One Guy

Small traces of strichnine can be used to bond the LSD to paper for tabs so that it doesn't disolve or disipate in air (at least AFAIK). It's far too small a dose to do damage, but I'm apparently VERY sensitive since I can practically FEEL it working along my spine for like a week after any time I took paper so I just stopped LSD completely. I'm willing to try liquid (which needs no bonding agents), but it's very hard to find.

Thank goodness mushrooms are so much more entertaining than LSD anyway  :D
People of the United States! We are Unitarian Jihad! We can strike without warning. Pockets of reasonableness and harmony will appear as if from nowhere! Nice people will run the government again! There will be coffee and cookies in the Gandhi Room after the revolution.

Arguing with a Unitarian Universalist is like mud wrestling a pig. Pretty soon you realize the pig likes it.

Sir Squid Diddimus

psst- it's a myth.
if you check it out, you'll see what i mean.

QuoteI prefer dealers who cut my LSD with belladonna.

Personal preference purely.

:lulz:

That One Guy

Well, SOMETHING sure as shit disagreed with me, and maybe my MIT chemist friend really WAS just fucking with me, but all I know is I've always had BAAAAD reactions to paper. I figured it was that "myth" since it matched up rather well with anecdotal evidence regarding symptoms. Meh. Still won't touch the stuff in any form now for many reasons, not least of which was it didn't actually do much to me. Shrooms are a much more entertaining time, IMO.
People of the United States! We are Unitarian Jihad! We can strike without warning. Pockets of reasonableness and harmony will appear as if from nowhere! Nice people will run the government again! There will be coffee and cookies in the Gandhi Room after the revolution.

Arguing with a Unitarian Universalist is like mud wrestling a pig. Pretty soon you realize the pig likes it.

Sir Squid Diddimus

some people have reactions to the LSD itself.
like muscle cramping and such.
some people even experience the same effects from prozac and mescaline.
weird huh.

personally i think it makes you feel all worn out and shitty the next day because every part of you is tensed up for the trip and the next day when you can relax, your body is just tired.

ya know?

That One Guy

Well, there was definitely a physical reaction, but it lingered for about a week both times I did it. I wasn't worn out per se, just a bit sore and VERY depressed. The trips themselves were fine, if a bit dull, but the aftermath was NOT a good time. So I stopped. I had heard about the strychnine thing (from that MIT friend, who upon further consideration was probably not the best source of info, and a couple other sources) and that seemed like a decent enough explanation at the time. The main thing was that it didn't agree with me at ALL.

I've never had any problems at all with shrooms, next day is totally fine. Hell, I don't even mind the taste (I just pop them in, maybe drink a bit of water to wash down the chalky bits). Not knowing about all the specific details of how LSD vs.  Psilocybin deal with the neurons I attributed the difference to the strychnine rumor/myth. Live and learn  :D

Sir Squid Diddimus

No worries guy. It's a common misconception. I think everyone is told that at one point or another.
It sounds like a logical explanation too.
I think the depression may be from a usage of serotonin. Similar to the way extacy does. I'm not 100% sure of that, but it seems reasonable.

Mushrooms are a good way to go IMO.
There's less of a chance of someone doing something wrong with those if you catch my drift.

Not that I do any of this crap now. I'm way too old. But I was young once.

That One Guy

Quote from: Squiddy on July 07, 2008, 04:18:08 PM

Yeah. Haven't touched any of those things since college, at least 10 years ago now. Nowadays if I really wanted to hallucinate I'd just go the sleep deprivation route, probably. Although if I had a spare few days with absolutely nothing to do and a couple other people to do it with, I'd probably enjoy shrooming.

AFK

Tussionex + Sudafed = What day is it again?  Where am I?  Who are you and what are you doing in my house? 

What a strange long trip it's been. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Cramulus

Quote from: Squiddy on July 07, 2008, 04:18:08 PM
No worries guy. It's a common misconception. I think everyone is told that at one point or another.
It sounds like a logical explanation too.
I think the depression may be from a usage of serotonin. Similar to the way extacy does. I'm not 100% sure of that, but it seems reasonable.

Mushrooms are a good way to go IMO.
There's less of a chance of someone doing something wrong with those if you catch my drift.

just to add some counterpoint here---
I don't get to do this stuff too much anymore. It takes a lot of energy to work up the psychic focus to drive myself crazy for a day or so.

I've had good shroom trips and GREAT acid trips

I don't do shrooms anymore. The last five or so times that I have, they leave me feeling sick, clutching my stomach, wondering why I ate those horrible things. I mean, you are literally poisoning yourself, so feeling ill shouldn't be too much of a surprise. Then once it clears up, my trip is very heavily nonverbal and antisocial. Hasn't been too much fun.

LSD, however, is like eight hours of inspiration and giggling. It's too long IMHO, but I find it much cleaner feeling than shrooms. I'll take LSD over mushrooms 4 out of 5 times.

AFK

I've never done any of that stuff.  Never appealed to me.  Reality is wacky enough as it is. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: Reverend Whats His Name on July 10, 2008, 07:28:21 PM
I've never done any of that stuff.  Never appealed to me.  Reality is wacky enough as it is. 

Reality is for people who can't handle drugs.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A