News:

Thinking about Gabbard in general, my animal instinct is to flatten my ears against my head, roll my eyes up till the whites show, bare my teeth, and trill like a cicada stuck in a Commodore 64.

Main Menu

Frequently asked questions..

Started by Purpleris Niaiseris, June 08, 2008, 11:24:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BADGE OF HONOR

The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

Thurnez Isa

Im with RWHN on this one
but i have no problem with people wanted to check out of reality for a while
the only thing that irritates me is when people think their drugged out psycho babble is "brilliant"
cause i hate to ruin your high but 99.9 percent of the time... its not
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

Purpleris Niaiseris

Quote from: Netaungrot on July 10, 2008, 07:31:16 PM
Quote from: Reverend Whats His Name on July 10, 2008, 07:28:21 PM
I've never done any of that stuff.  Never appealed to me.  Reality is wacky enough as it is. 

Reality is for people who can't handle drugs.
:mittens: :mittens: :mittens: :mittens: :mittens:
Fig leaves belong on the trees.

LMNO

Quote from: PurpleriS DiscordiA on July 11, 2008, 09:32:15 AM
I've never done any of that stuff.  Never appealed to me.  Reality is wacky enough as it is. 

The next person who quotes Lily Tomlin without giving credit gets a fist up their ass.

AFK

Quote from: Thurnez Isa on July 11, 2008, 12:04:08 AM
Im with RWHN on this one
the only thing that irritates me is when people think their drugged out psycho babble is "brilliant"

I have no problem with it either, personally.
I'm paid to have a problem with it when it involves adolescents, but then again we really focus on adolescents who are clearly out of control with their substance use.  We don't really deal with the kids who experimented once or twice, unless they get in trouble with the law.  We also don't get involved with BS Zero Tolerance policies because we know they don't work.  In fact there are some in our field who advocate for decriminalizing Marijuana. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Cramulus

and I'm glad that there are rational people like you working in your field, RWHN.

AFK

Honestly, we really don't have a choice.  That is, if we want to be effective.  Kids aren't going to listen to Zero Tolerance.  It's a naive approach and goes nowhere.  We know they're going to experiment and use.  We just want them to understand what this stuff does when you abuse it and how it really can impact your life when you let it rule your life.  Kids just need the truth, straight and simple. 

Now, when they're in treatment it's a different ballgame, there it has to be Zero Tolerance. 

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: LMNO on July 11, 2008, 12:51:22 PM

The next person who quotes Lily Tomlin without giving credit gets a fist up their ass.

Man invented language to satisfy his deep need to complain.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Netaungrot on July 11, 2008, 10:57:16 PM

Holy shit Net I didn't know you were into fisting!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: Nigel on July 11, 2008, 11:40:59 PM

I'm cyber-fist-curious.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Purpleris Niaiseris

Quote from: Netaungrot on July 12, 2008, 12:25:13 AM

I'm cyber-fist-curious.
Quote from: Reverend Whats His Name on July 11, 2008, 05:38:26 PM
Honestly, we really don't have a choice.  That is, if we want to be effective.  Kids aren't going to listen to Zero Tolerance.  It's a naive approach and goes nowhere.  We know they're going to experiment and use.  We just want them to understand what this stuff does when you abuse it and how it really can impact your life when you let it rule your life.  Kids just need the truth, straight and simple. 

Now, when they're in treatment it's a different ballgame, there it has to be Zero Tolerance. 
Quote from: Professor Cramulus on July 11, 2008, 02:59:33 PM
and I'm glad that there are rational people like you working in your field, RWHN.

Quote from: Reverend Whats His Name on July 11, 2008, 01:22:16 PM
Im with RWHN on this one

I'm paid to have a problem with it when it involves adolescents, but then again we really focus on adolescents who are clearly out of control with their substance use.  We don't really deal with the kids who experimented once or twice, unless they get in trouble with the law.  We also don't get involved with BS Zero Tolerance policies because we know they don't work.  In fact there are some in our field who advocate for decriminalizing Marijuana. 
Im with RWHN on this one
Quote from: Professor Cramulus on July 10, 2008, 07:24:08 PM
Quote from: Squiddy on July 07, 2008, 04:18:08 PM
No worries guy. It's a common misconception. I think everyone is told that at one point or another.
It sounds like a logical explanation too.
I think the depression may be from a usage of serotonin. Similar to the way extacy does. I'm not 100% sure of that, but it seems reasonable.

Mushrooms are a good way to go IMO.
There's less of a chance of someone doing something wrong with those if you catch my drift.

Not that I do any of this crap now. I'm way too old. But I was young once.

just to add some counterpoint here---
I don't get to do this stuff too much anymore. It takes a lot of energy to work up the psychic focus to drive myself crazy for a day or so.

I've had good shroom trips and GREAT acid trips

I don't do shrooms anymore. The last five or so times that I have, they leave me feeling sick, clutching my stomach, wondering why I ate those horrible things. I mean, you are literally poisoning yourself, so feeling ill shouldn't be too much of a surprise. Then once it clears up, my trip is very heavily nonverbal and antisocial. Hasn't been too much fun.

LSD, however, is like eight hours of inspiration and giggling. It's too long IMHO, but I find it much cleaner feeling than shrooms. I'll take LSD over mushrooms 4 out of 5 times.

The quote above, doesnt really try to define anything, it is just hints at the basics, which is fine by me (I do stress that I am no authority) . This is by no means all that has been said about Discordianism. Online you will find vast tracts dedicated something that by its very nature refuses to be defined. These words are very interesting, but I cant help but feel there's something they're not quite getting. As the man said "A Discordian is Prohibited of Believing what he reads. "

Go figure...
                                                                               ...or don't.
-- Metaclysmia Discordia

:fuckmittens:  HAIL ERIS ALL HAIL DISCORDIA!     :fuckmittens:

:lulz:      :lulz:      :lulz:      :lulz:      :lulz:
Fig leaves belong on the trees.

Cramulus

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: PurpleriS DiscordiA on July 14, 2008, 06:38:12 PM

I'm cyber-fist-curious.

Im with RWHN on this one

Im with RWHN on this one
No worries guy. It's a common misconception. I think everyone is told that at one point or another.
I think the depression may be from a usage of serotonin. Similar to the way extacy does. I'm not 100% sure of that, but it seems reasonable.

There's less of a chance of someone doing something wrong with those if you catch my drift.

I don't get to do this stuff too much anymore. It takes a lot of energy to work up the psychic focus to drive myself crazy for a day or so.

I don't do shrooms anymore. The last five or so times that I have, they leave me feeling sick, clutching my stomach, wondering why I ate those horrible things. I mean, you are literally poisoning yourself, so feeling ill shouldn't be too much of a surprise. Then once it clears up, my trip is very heavily nonverbal and antisocial. Hasn't been too much fun.

LSD, however, is like eight hours of inspiration and giggling. It's too long IMHO, but I find it much cleaner feeling than shrooms. I'll take LSD over mushrooms 4 out of 5 times.

The quote above, doesnt really try to define anything, it is just hints at the basics, which is fine by me (I do stress that I am no authority) . This is by no means all that has been said about Discordianism. Online you will find vast tracts dedicated something that by its very nature refuses to be defined. These words are very interesting, but I cant help but feel there's something they're not quite getting. As the man said "A Discordian is Prohibited of Believing what he reads. "

Go figure...
                                                                               ...or don't.
-- Metaclysmia Discordia

wat
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Professor Cramulus on July 14, 2008, 06:45:54 PM
Please clarify?

Oh, but that wouldn't be Discordian.  You have to type lots of gibberish, because that's what this is all about.

:lulz:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

AFK

Quote from: PurpleriS DiscordiA on July 14, 2008, 06:38:12 PM

I'm cyber-fist-curious.

Im with RWHN on this one

Im with RWHN on this one

Go figure...
                                                                               ...or don't.
-- Metaclysmia Discordia

I feel like I'm missing something here.