News:

If it quacks like a sociopath, but also ponders its own sociopathy, it's probably just an asshole.

Main Menu

Indecision 08 Wingnut thread

Started by Cain, June 26, 2008, 05:22:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Quote from: Iason Ouabache on October 14, 2008, 09:40:55 PM
Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on October 14, 2008, 09:28:03 PM
I don't have any links or anything, but Keith Olbermann was reporting last night that there are some Conservatives who have accused George F. Will of drinking the Obama kool-aid, because he was critical of the McCain/Palin ticket.  Seriously.  They'll take a shot at ANYONE if they so much as suggest McCain/Palin might lose.  
:lulz: The Republican party is going to be an empty shell by this time next month.

It wont even need help imploding by that stage.

Which means moving onto the next stage: sinking the Good Ship Obama.

Jasper

Quote from: Cain on October 14, 2008, 09:44:40 PM
I don't have any links or anything, but Keith Olbermann was reporting last night that there are some Conservatives who have accused George F. Will of drinking the Obama kool-aid, because he was critical of the McCain/Palin ticket.  Seriously.  They'll take a shot at ANYONE if they so much as suggest McCain/Palin might lose.  
:lulz: The Republican party is going to be an empty shell by this time next month.

With what result in mind, destroying the party system, or undermining the US in general?

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Felix on October 14, 2008, 09:46:38 PM

With what result in mind, destroying the party system, or undermining the US in general?

LULZ?
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Cain

Enthusiastic nihilism is my primary motivating factor.

Plus being on the attack is more fun.

Iason Ouabache

Most of them are already at that stage with their shitty conspiracy theories. If Obama moves to the center in his first term then he can probably coast to a second term (as long as he doesn't do something MIND-NUMBINGLY STUPID).  

I'm curious what will become of the GOP though.  If they were smart they would promptly kick out the Neo-Cons/Religious freaks and go back to their conservative roots. I wouldn't be that surprised if a new party or two was formed from the massive power struggle that's going to take place between now and 2010.  I know that Michael Bloomberg was thinking about it before this election.  He definitely has the money and clout to pull it off.
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Jasper

fomenter

Quote from: Felix on October 14, 2008, 09:46:38 PM

get rid of the party system or at least the two parties we have now.
"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

Cain

Iason Ouabache

Quote from: Cain on October 14, 2008, 09:50:57 PM

But... but... ya gotta support the prezinator in ah time of war!
   \
:mullet:
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Jenne

George Will?  Mr.Don't-let-new-voters-vote-early-because-they'll-all-vote-for-Obama George Will?  Mr.It's-not-about-quantity-but-quality-of-voters George Will?

Seriously?

Damn. 

ATTN GOP FUCKHEADS:  Quit being such desperate ninnies.  Makes your dick show through your underwear.

Jenne

Quote from: Iason Ouabache on October 14, 2008, 09:58:13 PM
Quote from: Cain on October 14, 2008, 09:50:57 PM

But... but... ya gotta support the prezinator in ah time of war!
   \
:mullet:

You know what's sad?  That, and the dormant yet rampant racism that's been lying in wait for all these years are what might lose the election for Obama.

That and he's kinda limp-dicked in the debates, which is actually getting him some Conservafuck votes so I'm inclined to say w/e to that.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Iason Ouabache on October 14, 2008, 09:51:03 PM

Most of them are already at that stage with their shitty conspiracy theories. If Obama moves to the center in his first term then he can probably coast to a second term (as long as he doesn't do something MIND-NUMBINGLY STUPID).  

I'm curious what will become of the GOP though.  If they were smart they would promptly kick out the Neo-Cons/Religious freaks and go back to their conservative roots. I wouldn't be that surprised if a new party or two was formed from the massive power struggle that's going to take place between now and 2010.  I know that Michael Bloomberg was thinking about it before this election.  He definitely has the money and clout to pull it off.

The GOP will sit quietly by, ready to spring on ANY perceived gaffe by Obama. Then, by either 2012 or 2016 they'll have some case for a GOP president and the idiots in America will stick one back in.

At this point, I think the leaders of the GOP realize that the only way for them to remain a viable party AT ALL, is to appeal to the extremes, the aMoral Majority and  the Neo-Con. Without them, the GOP would be too small to hold any real power. Heck, the democratic party should be the natural home of most Christians, with feeding the poor, caring for the needy etc. Libertarian and Conservative ideals are not generally altruistic and thus not generally in line with Christian belief.

It's only because of Roe v Wade that the GOP are still able to pull this along. They can appear not to be nut jobs and argue that it was a breech of States Rights... while carrying water for the nut jobs that think its an issue of LIFE. If the GOP dropped that one issue, most Christians would go blue and the GOP would be the size of the Libertarian party. Though, they'd likely be better funded.

- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Jenne

I dunno, Rata...Bill Clinton got 8 years...and people really wanted him for 12 or 16, if polls meant anything.  I'm not so sure it'll be anyone but Obama if he makes it there.  He might go down just LIKE Bill, since their demographics are pretty much the same.

LMNO

Cain

Maybe the Hitch has gotten over whatever temporary insanity gripped him in 2001.

Maybe.  It would be nice to have the old Hitchens back, but I don't hold out too much hope.