News:

PD.com: Living proof that just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Main Menu

Indecision 08 Wingnut thread

Started by Cain, June 26, 2008, 05:22:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Payne

"Barack? I think one day, Barack Jr. will be
                                                                       President of the United States!"
     "Aw hell no!"                                                                 //         
                             \\                            "Why do you say that? Do you think he won't
                           \\                                                  be because he is black?"
"No, cause they could never elect                              //
a dude with TWO dads, woman!"                              //
                \\                                                     //

Kai

If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: F.M.E on November 16, 2008, 03:02:56 AM
Quote from: Ten Ton Mantis on November 16, 2008, 02:54:06 AM
Actually, you couldn't be more wrong about the "Certificate of Live Birth" vs. "Birth Certificate". "Birth Certificate" is just shorthand for "Certificate of Live Birth"; they are one and the same and usually the original must be signed by a non-parental witness, usually a doctor/nurse/midwife who attended the birth. In some states (not Oregon) it is possible, at some cost, to obtain a photocopy of the original, and in all states it is possible to obtain a "computer copy" which is actually not a copy at all, but a truncated certified document that contains only a portion of the information that is on the original.

However, the real question is, why is Obama's mom named Stanley?

I don't know or claim that certificate of live birth is not a birth certificate, only  that this is the argument being made in court, and that legit or not its getting thrown out.

obama's dad on hearing news of wife's pregnancy "this is another fine mess you have gotten me into".

No, they are claiming that because it is not a photocopy of the original, but a certified computer copy, it is not valid as proof that Obama HAS an original birth certificate in the State of Hawaii. This, despite the fact that it is presented by the State as legal certified proof of live birth in the State of Hawaii. Some states don't even make it possible to access the originals-- I just looked at Hawaii and it appears to be one of them. I can't GET photocopies of my kids' original birth certificates, and you don't get them automatically at birth... they are filed, but they only send you copies if you order them (costs about $20) within two weeks of the birth. I have computer copies, and also a computer copy of my own birth certificate. They are legal and valid, and it would require changing some laws in order to obtain access to the originals, which are archived.

Furthermore, Obama's mother is a natural-born US citizen, which renders the point moot even if he were born in Kenya.

Here is the Hawaii Department of Health birth certificate page:

http://hawaii.gov/health/vital-records/vital-records/vital_records.html

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Basically, I am pretty sure the people funding the lawsuit completely realize that it's spurious, but they are hoping the claim sticks in the minds of enough people who won't bother to do any research that it will feed resentment and disapproval. Unfortunately, most people are stupid enough to believe what they're told, even when it's logically flawed and easily debunkable.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

fomenter

I just did a bit of quick reading and cant find the claim i thought they were making, i found claims it was forged by daily kos  :argh!: and claims it is missing information found on hawaiian birth certificates of a similar age? I was pretty certain i had read that a lawsuit was the live birth  vs birth certificate argument but I have been wrong before.
any way the tinfoil hat crowed needs a good conspiracy and this case being dropped like a hot potato will give them something to wonder about.
"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I found all kinds of off-the-wall stuff on blogs, and Philip Berg isn't "officially" revealing the details of the case, but every angle I've seen so far has been easily debunkable.

Here's Berg's website:

http://www.obamacrimes.com/

fomenter

i love that obamacrimes is a website name already
:lulz:
:cry:
:argh!:
"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

fomenter

hmroogp

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Iason Ouabache

Quote from: F.M.E on November 16, 2008, 05:45:38 AM
presidential failures http://www.nypost.com/seven/11152008/postopinion/opedcolumnists/fail_to_the_chiefs_138879.htm
That may be the stupidest defense of Bush I have ever seen.  "Other presidents did crappy stuff, therefore Bush isn't the worst ever."  Couldn't he have tried harder.  Like listing one goddamn thing that Bush did right.
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Golden Applesauce

Quote from: Iason Ouabache on November 16, 2008, 06:59:21 AM
Quote from: F.M.E on November 16, 2008, 05:45:38 AM
presidential failures http://www.nypost.com/seven/11152008/postopinion/opedcolumnists/fail_to_the_chiefs_138879.htm
That may be the stupidest defense of Bush I have ever seen.  "Other presidents did crappy stuff, therefore Bush isn't the worst ever."  Couldn't he have tried harder.  Like listing one goddamn thing that Bush did right.

Well, Bush didn't plunge the US into civil war, right?  Just other countries in the middle east that nobody cares about.  So that's something he did right.
Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.

Iason Ouabache

Oh yeah, I keep forgetting that he is a "Uniter".   
    \

Iason Ouabache

OBAMA TO FUND FORCED ABORTIONS!!!

In China...

By letting Congress give money to the UN Population Fund..

http://www.speroforum.com/site/article.asp?id=16721
    \

fomenter

hmroogp

Cain

OMG Obama thugs have shut down the African International Press!

QuoteUrgent Update

African Press International is under attack by those trying to shut down the Cerifi-Gate investigation. Earlier today, there was a fire at the phone exchange in Norway that services API's offices, and, less than an hour ago (as I write this on Sunday afternoon), WordPress has shut down API's site for supposed "Terms of Service" violations. I have read WordPress's TOS, and, in my opinion, API had committed no such violations. All of this took place while Mr. Korir was en route from Norway to the UK regarding arrangements for release of the Michelle Obama Tapes.

We have spoken over the phone with API Chief Editor Arap Korir, and offered our assistance in carrying the API site on our server until he can make permanent arrangements. We have also spoken with Phil Berg to advise him of this situation.

Fortunately, we have PDF file duplicates of most of the API material we have linked to here, are are working on replacing the links to the now-disabled site with links to our PDF files.

Earlier this week, I said this is starting to read like a bad spy novel. That novel has now come to life in a very real, very ominous way.

Is this the "Change" many of you voted for? If there is nothing to hide, why all the herculean efforts to hide it?

—————————————-

API wishes to thank MarchReport for the offer but decline to accept. API will now get its own permanent Website with its own WWW domain. Enemies who are jealous to see API grow managed to create lies and fed WordPress with them, misleading them to take action by closing us. I would like to state that we loved Wordpress and will still do so, because this problem was not created by them by lies envious of us. Now they see us continue to grow.

By Chief Editor Korir

http://africanpress.tripod.com/id15.html

Hopefully we can hear that election sinking tape soon then.