News:

I WILL KILL A MOTHERFUCKER.

Main Menu

Rev Roger, Year of the Rat#13: That Old Black Magic.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, September 09, 2008, 12:30:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Payne

Thats the raw log, unedited, and replete with my typos. PM me if you can't understand a word I'm saying, my typos were terrible due to being a little drunk.

Requia ☣

If you really want to bring Palin down, keep in mind that anything the fundies think is bad will do more damage than anything else.

Triple points if you can get the media to say she had an abortion as a teenager.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

rong

i don't watch too much TV (no cable - 1 channel) but it seems like the o'reilly factor would be a good "Back Door" into the media.

contact info is here:

hxxp://www.foxnews.com/oreilly/contact-us/index.html

i don't have internets at home, but would be willing to call the radio show with some sort of bullshit story.  it would be cool, methinks, if this was organized - i do have satellite radio, so should be able to catch the show and calls and stuff.  i figure the screeners can only think a story is bullshit for so long before they start taking it seriously.

from the site:
Quoteyou can call "The Radio Factor" live on the air at 1-877-9-NO-SPIN (877-966-7746) weekdays from noon to 2 p.m. ET

so, who's gonna pick the day to call and the "story" to call about?

maybe hit hannity, et al. too?
"a real smart feller, he felt smart"

East Coast Hustle

I've got that same chatlog edited for clarity and brevity. I'll PM it to Roger and cain and if anyone else is interested, hit me up.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Payne

Quote[14:06] <@El_Richter> alarming, but I'm keeping my grains of salt handy until I've checked all the references
[14:07] <@Cain> as I understand it, McCain basically ridiculed a proposal by Obama that young children be taught about inappropriate touching
[14:08] <@Cain> because that would be teaching young children about sex
[14:09] <@Cain> also, I don't think Obama even proposed the bill
[14:09] <@El_Richter> I can't help but think, when this shit gets press coverage ""ok, but is there any REAL news ?" ; )
[14:10] <@Cain> yeah, probably
[14:11] <@El_Richter> granted, slacktivist put one HELL of a spin on it
[14:13] <@El_Richter> hell, if we'd caught this yesterday and put it about,we'd have pulled off Roger's campaign troll idea
[14:14] <&Payne> as I see it, we're doing more of a media troll
[14:14] <&Payne> the election is only being used because thats what the media is focused on atm
[14:15] <&Payne> we KNOW stories about the election will be featured
[14:18] <@El_Richter> considering most citizens don't find out about the election many other ways, it could v. well be a troll on the campaign
[14:18] <&Payne> yeah
[14:18] <&Payne> collateral damage, unfortunately ;)
[14:20] <@El_Richter> heh, care which way things are pushed may be required
[14:21] <&Payne> well, we can go for a double whammy, right?
[14:21] <&Payne> create bad press for the election, and then reveal it as a fraud
[14:21] <@El_Richter> that's true
[14:22] <&Payne> the campaign takes a hit, and then so does the media outlet
[14:22] <@El_Richter> but a good slander on either candidate could take on a life of it's own
[14:22] <&Payne> if it's ambiguous enough, yes
[14:22] <&Payne> something that actually has little content, seems to say more than it does, and is very transmittable
[14:23] <@El_Richter> I'd like to credit people with more intelligence, but some just WILL NOT stop believing an idea they like, even if given hard evidence it's wrong
[14:23] <&Payne> I like ECHs idea of avoiding the candidates themselves, and going for their campaign staff
[14:24] <&Payne> I think that is more achievable, and also can create all sorts of interesting spin off rumours
[14:24] <@El_Richter> that's an idea....
[14:24] <@El_Richter> ..since no  one knows them to begin with
[14:24] <&Payne> indeed, and it's MUCH easier to get access to them
[14:25] <@El_Richter> there's  new hampshire ex mayor on the McCain team who's sole job is to hand out campaign schwag and keep Johns spirits up
[14:25] <@El_Richter> he had a  feature in "newsweek"about 2-4 weeks back
[14:26] <&Payne> people like that
[14:27] <@El_Richter> you got it
[14:27] <&Payne> we need to make a couple selections of people, then construct a web of half truths and innuendo around them, and then "break" the story
[14:28] <&Payne> and this ex-mayor dude sounds like a good candidate
[14:29] <@El_Richter> him having a crush for john or cindy maybe
[14:30] <&Payne> yeah, but people close to the campaign, but not important enough to have their backs covered
[14:31] <&Payne> find something we can use against them, spin it so it sounds like it's more than it really is, then disseminate it everywhere as quietly, but as fast as possible
[14:32] <&Payne> we could get the AWS guys working on it, they were good at that kind of thing
[14:32] <&Payne> then a concerted effort to get the story noticed by a larger media outlet
[14:33] <&Payne> once we start with the story, we need to keep it running, and fanning the flames
[14:33] <@El_Richter> : )
[14:33] <&Payne> it'll be a small effect, but a noticable one
[14:34] <&Payne> and we can keep trying to spin off various other stories and angles from it
[14:38] <@El_Richter> http://www.newsweek.com/id/151754
[14:38] <@El_Richter> steve duprey

More discussion in IRC, some more ideas. Edited down for brevity.

Requia ☣

Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: Dr. Payne on September 21, 2008, 09:05:30 PM

I started thinking about it, but I'm thinking either too small, too indirect, or both.

How so?
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 10, 2008, 02:32:06 AM
Quote from: Richter on September 09, 2008, 06:28:24 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 09, 2008, 12:30:50 AM
know about you, but it's time to start fucking with the media.

Or kill me.

What did you have in mind?

Not sure yet.

I'd like to start by HIMEOBSing MSNBC's comments and forums.  Not in the usual style, of course, that would simply result in banning.

No, I think a mass blitz of a new meme.  We'd need lots of people to do it, and we need to agree on our message.

I have some ideas, but I want to get some input from all of you while I try to put these ideas into words.

Basically, it comes down to the "government is a social fiction" thing.

Hell yes.

Any developments on the message, angle of attack, criteria for a successful mission?

Payne

Quote from: Netaungrot on September 21, 2008, 09:25:29 PM

I started thinking about it, but I'm thinking either too small, too indirect, or both.

How so?

Maybe not so much the ideas, as opposed to the way they're presented. We need people to really get behind the ideas I've presented, that doesn't seem to be happening anytime soon, which it needs to, or it'll be December already and too late to use the ideas ECH and I bounced around.

Quote from: Dr. Payne on September 21, 2008, 10:12:26 PM
Quote from: Netaungrot on September 21, 2008, 09:25:29 PM

How so?

Maybe not so much the ideas, as opposed to the way they're presented. We need people to really get behind the ideas I've presented, that doesn't seem to be happening anytime soon, which it needs to, or it'll be December already and too late to use the ideas ECH and I bounced around.

I think there's ALOT of motivation and not so much clarity on what the specific objectives are or other mechanisms for people to get involved and start taking action.

Valerie - Gone

Two points:

First off, I am not in OH, but I am close to, so I could possibly help with the meeting people thing. Possibly. I would need to be told what to do.

Secondly, there was indeed a story about McCain sending out fake ballots. Happened in OH. I don't remember which newspaper I read it in, but I did read it not that long ago. I'll go digging and see if I can find the story.
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

Let him that would move the world, first move himself. -Socrates

Payne

Ok, I have an idea in general terms which I need to flesh out, carrying on with Rogers "Government is a Social Fiction" idea.

What we could do is get one or two of us who can really rant our guts up to write a letter/ flier with this as the central idea, but have it so it sounds like it is written by someone connected to one or the other of the political parties.

We then get a bunch of people in the states we have targeted as being the most likely to have a visible impact to write letters of their own, expressing shock, dismay, horror (whatever) and send both letters together to major news outlets, hoping that they'll take interest in this and perhaps cover it in some way.

Given the high publicity with politicians and the internet lately, we could perhaps find some way to play off that too.

I need more time to consider what we could write in the original rant that would make it juicy to the news organisations, how we could attempt to connect it to one of the political parties (but make it seem that the letter is no overtly connected with the party), and which news organisations are best to target.

Feel free to comment.

Payne

QuoteDear [name]

Having been involved in the [some kind of organisation that will actually have someone realistically writing this type of letter] since [believeable date], I have long worked for positive change in Ohio. I now feel that the time has come for me to offer my support to the candidate for Presidency that offers fresh ideas and positive solutions to the main issue affecting our great country today.

I have always believed that the social fiction of Government is of great concern to all citizens, and I believe that [candidate] offers us the best soultion to this problem. I would like to see support for him from all good thinking Americans come election day, and allow him to address this from the position where he can do most good. From the White House.

Another important issue we must address is the current complexity of our election procedures. We are relying on the good faith of both parties and of the independant observers to carry the will of the people to the seat of Government itself. We must not allow this easily corrupted system to further pollute the ideals set down in the constitution of our great nation. We, as voters, must find a way to take back the power we have abrogated to faceless men and women, and I believe that a vote for [candidate] will help us do just that.

I am excited at the possibility of the flaws of our Government being exposed and set right by [candidate]. But before this can be realized, we must conduct an agressive campaign on his behalf. Our opponent in this struggle is [brief description of why the other candidate is less suited than "our" candidate to deal with these issues]. For these reasons I must urge you to make the correct choice at the election.

To assist [candidate], I propose a strong grassroots campaign that will highlight the deficiencies I have noted above. I believe we can work together to draw public awareness to the problems within our highest and most honored institutions. United, we can prevail.

I urge you to help with brochures, yard signs and canvassing, informing our fellow citizens of the social fictions and electoral deficiencies of our Government, and our hope that we can enact real change. Together, we can end the lie of Government. Together, we can help change this country.

Sincerely

[Letter writers name]

I kinda like this. I

t needs tightening up, a bit more controversy, and a bit more detail. But it sounds like a letter that would be sent out in support of someone.