News:

There's only a handful of you, and you're acting like obsessed lunatics.

I honestly wouldn't want to ever be washed up on the shore unconscious on an island run by you lot.

Main Menu

To crap with the Chevy Volt

Started by Jasper, September 22, 2008, 08:50:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Felix on October 06, 2008, 04:20:47 AM
Just burning garbage isn't what I'm talking about.

It uses plasma.
http://www.rexresearch.com/circeo/circeo.htm

Which reduces emissions by burning it a lot more cleanly because of the high temperature, but is still burning garbage.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Jasper

Hmm, there seem to not be enough impartial studies to really say for sure, but betting money says it's imperfect.

Cool idea though.  If there were a way to improve emissions, it'd seem fairly ideal.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

HEY 000 and MS, since you're all over my shit in IRC for me being a big meanie to Felix in this thread, why don't you grow a pair and post about it here, like grown-ups with actual balls?  :lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Vene

Quote from: Nigel on October 10, 2008, 10:27:41 PM
HEY 000 and MS, since you're all over my shit in IRC for me being a big meanie to Felix in this thread, why don't you grow a pair and post about it here, like grown-ups with actual balls?  :lulz:
I think they're worried you'll add them to your collection.

Triple Zero

Quote from: Nigel on October 10, 2008, 10:27:41 PMHEY 000 and MS, since you're all over my shit in IRC for me being a big meanie to Felix in this thread, why don't you grow a pair and post about it here, like grown-ups with actual balls?  :lulz:

yeah or maybe you could lighten up a littlebit, cause i was not "all over your shit", like you suddenly exclaimed 15 seconds before quitting the channel, leaving me no chance to reply :(

as for your question why, i did not and still don't want to jack this thread and didnt and don't really want to make a big deal out of it.

so, if you really think i'm being a shit to you on IRC, you can tell me so on IRC (cause according to the rules you're trying to lay on me, that would be the grown-up thing to do?), and we could talk it out.
while you do so (cause i really don't intend on jacking this thread any further), you might also want to explain the exact conditions under which, according to you i am allowed to comment on posts made on this forum.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Jasper

HEY 000 and MS, since you're all over my shit in IRC for me being a big meanie to Felix in this thread, why don't you grow a pair and post about it here, like grown-ups with actual balls?

Spoken like a true "grown up", I might add.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Vene on October 10, 2008, 11:12:07 PM
I think they're worried you'll add them to your collection.

That reminds me, I should go buy some more jars.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: triple zero on October 10, 2008, 11:47:18 PM
Quote from: Nigel on October 10, 2008, 10:27:41 PMHEY 000 and MS, since you're all over my shit in IRC for me being a big meanie to Felix in this thread, why don't you grow a pair and post about it here, like grown-ups with actual balls?  :lulz:

yeah or maybe you could lighten up a littlebit, cause i was not "all over your shit", like you suddenly exclaimed 15 seconds before quitting the channel, leaving me no chance to reply :(

as for your question why, i did not and still don't want to jack this thread and didnt and don't really want to make a big deal out of it.

so, if you really think i'm being a shit to you on IRC, you can tell me so on IRC (cause according to the rules you're trying to lay on me, that would be the grown-up thing to do?), and we could talk it out.
while you do so (cause i really don't intend on jacking this thread any further), you might also want to explain the exact conditions under which, according to you i am allowed to comment on posts made on this forum.

I had work to do and I wasn't interested in hanging around there with you and MS tag-teaming me about how mean I was being to poor helpless Felix.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Felix on October 11, 2008, 01:25:58 AM
HEY 000 and MS, since you're all over my shit in IRC for me being a big meanie to Felix in this thread, why don't you grow a pair and post about it here, like grown-ups with actual balls?

Spoken like a true "grown up", I might add.

Oh shut the fuck up, you humorless peanut.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

000, if you have some kind of a problem with something I've posted, why don't you take the time to comment on it on the board where I can reply to it in my free time, instead of creeping off to IRC to gossip about me in the middle of my workday, days after the fact? Were you hoping that what happened would happen... that people would agree with you, so that if I happened to actually show up you could gang up on me? Fuck off.

FYI, Felix, 000 thought I was mean to you, and MS thought I was doing it because I was "waiting for my chance" because of some run-in we've allegedly had before, which unfortunately I don't remember. Also 000 thought that me referencing your age (???) and penis size was a low blow. Of course, I have no idea of your age OR your penis size... but if you took either of those things personally and your feelings were hurt... well, good luck with that.  :lulz:

If the PD isn't the kind of board I can take the piss on without a bunch of prats crying about it, maybe I should seek bloodier pastures.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Nigel on October 05, 2008, 11:25:30 PM
Quote from: Kai on October 05, 2008, 10:14:40 PM
Quote from: Felix on October 05, 2008, 10:11:42 PM
Quote from: Kai on October 05, 2008, 09:38:37 PM
Quote from: Felix on October 05, 2008, 08:11:57 PM
Huh.  Okay, and I assume that includes storm drains too?

Output of storm drains is untreated, it is simply piped to the nearest stream or lake.

Right, so those storm pipes could possibly be used to generate power?

Especially if you designed a storm drain system that was meant to generate the most possible power. 

It could work. Would be event driven however. Only useful in the wettest climates.

In such wet climates, what with there being a river right there and all, and it would take such a quantity of stormwater routed together in a completely revamped drainage system, it might make more sense to just build hydroelectric plants right at the riv... oh, wait.

I mean, come on, in what way is this not comedy gold?

Jasper

Shit, I was going to rebut this, but I just don't see the point.  Find someone else to start pointless arguments with.  It was more fun when other people didn't get involved and make you Bawww.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Felix on October 13, 2008, 08:15:56 AM
Shit, I was going to rebut this, but I just don't see the point.  Find someone else to start pointless arguments with.  It was more fun when other people didn't get involved and make you Bawww.

Oh, did I bawwww? My apologies, I was only trying to start shit.

East Coast Hustle

you guys are cute.

Nigel is right as fuck about IRC though.

Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Payne

I don't even know if I should post this, but what the hell.

People tar IRC with the gossip/backstabbing/plotting brush all the time.

I feel like I'm personally included in that, because I'm in IRC quite a lot more than the people who say these things. Maybe I'm not, I dunno. It just feels I'm being tarred with the same brush.

All I really want to say is while it DOES happen in IRC (from a certain point of view), it is not endemic, constant or even particularly serious. Certainly no worse than people using PMs or instant messengers for the same purpose.