News:

All you can say in this site's defence is that it, rather than reality, occupies the warped minds of some of the planet's most twisted people; gods know what they would get up to if it wasn't here.  In these arguably insane times, any lessening or attenuation of madness is maybe something to be thankful for.

Main Menu

Turducken?

Started by Jenne, November 26, 2008, 06:01:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richter

Quote from: Suu on November 26, 2008, 07:10:34 PM
Quote from: Richter on November 26, 2008, 07:08:58 PM
Quote from: Suu on November 26, 2008, 06:58:21 PM
And that Tommy who is built like a Viking seems to shrink into a wirey Japanese guy in a green suit every time he transforms? 

All the transformed Ranger / Zord / Villian scenes were copypasta'ed from an older Japanese show.

I knew this, it's just one of those things that make it so awful and awesome.

It did loose that tongue in cheek feel after the first season or two though.

Success ruined it. :lulz: (Mental image of the Megazord, it's nose smothered in cocaine looking to the heavens and bellowing "WHYYYYYYY?!?!")
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Manta Obscura

Quote from: Richter on November 26, 2008, 07:23:47 PM
(Mental image of the Megazord, it's nose smothered in cocaine looking to the heavens and bellowing "WHYYYYYYY?!?!")

Funny thing is, they based an entire episode around that plotline during their ninth iteration in an ill-fated attempt to reach the adult demographic. Unfortunately the episode tanked and the writers were fired and forced to move on to write "Pushing Daisies."

Glad to see they've amended their ways and gotten to writing some quality programming.
Everything I wish for myself, I wish for you also.

Sir Squid Diddimus

Turducken huh?
I've never had it but I've seen it made.

If you're good with dismembering and de-boning foodimals, then it really isn't hard.

Squid- can take a chicken apart faster than you can blink

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Squid-diddle on November 27, 2008, 08:40:25 AM
Turducken huh?
I've never had it but I've seen it made.

If you're good with dismembering and de-boning foodimals, then it really isn't hard.

Squid- can take a chicken apart faster than you can blink

That sounds scary and yet...  :fap:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

Turducken is the food of the Gods.

Unfortunately, the Gods in question are ones like Hermes, Loki, Eshu and Papa Legba.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on November 27, 2008, 08:57:58 PM

Unfortunately, the Gods in question are ones like Hermes, Loki, Eshu and Papa Legba.

:lulz:

Don't forget Baron Samedi, I bet he loves him some turducken.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

To quote Miguel, turducken is a "TRICK CREATURE!"

Sir Squid Diddimus

Quote from: Cain on November 27, 2008, 08:57:58 PM

Suu

Quote from: Jenne on November 26, 2008, 07:20:02 PM
Hm...I am thinking of marrying this recipe from Paula Dean: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/turducken-recipe/index.html and the bacon-wrapping idea!  The thought of cornbread stuffing is faptastic.

Cornbread stuffing isn't stuffing, it's dressing.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Jenne

Quote from: Suu on November 28, 2008, 04:03:52 AM
Quote from: Jenne on November 26, 2008, 07:20:02 PM
Hm...I am thinking of marrying this recipe from Paula Dean: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/turducken-recipe/index.html and the bacon-wrapping idea!  The thought of cornbread stuffing is faptastic.

Cornbread stuffing isn't stuffing, it's dressing.

Do tell.  Well, Paula Dean called it stuffing, so I guess that's where I got it from.

Also--told my family I wanted to do turbaconducken for Xmas Eve and they cringed.  :lulz:

Suu

Regular bread = Stuffing
Cornbread = Dressing (at least for Southern people who know better.)

Also it's how you serve it. Typically stuffing is left in the bird and the dressing is removed after cooking before the bird totally cools and served in a bowl. *shrug*
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Jenne

Quote from: Suu on November 28, 2008, 05:07:51 PM
Regular bread = Stuffing
Cornbread = Dressing (at least for Southern people who know better.)

Also it's how you serve it. Typically stuffing is left in the bird and the dressing is removed after cooking before the bird totally cools and served in a bowl. *shrug*

Yeah, this recipe she had called for the cornbread mixture to be left in the birds and you serve it all in slices, with the stuffing in layers.  Sounds like it's a stuffing, but made with cornbread instead.

Elder Iptuous

We had this conversation at dinner last night.
my wife and i had the understanding that if it was cooked separately, that it was dressing.  If its stuffed in the bird, it's stuffing.
we were told, in no uncertain terms, that we were wrong.

I've found some sources that agree with me, you, or say that it's just a regional hoagie/grider/sub/hero type thing:
http://www.ajc.com/eveningedge/content/eveningedge/stories/2008/11/18/stuffing_or_dressing.html

I like my definition, because it seems more functional...

Jenne

This just in:

Turbaconducken is a go.  Repeat.  Turbaconducken is a go.  Will post pix.  Over.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I was going to have a turham, but then it turns out that the first day of Hannukkah coincides with Yule this year, so I will not be stuffing the turkey with ham after all because me and my friends always celebrate together.

I think I'll do a rice dressing with sage and almonds.