News:

PD.com: The combined word for "horror" and "mirth"

Main Menu

Turducken?

Started by Jenne, November 26, 2008, 06:01:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jenne

Ok, so turbaconducken was awesome.  I have pix.  On flickr.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/33812298@N04/sets/

Not sure if you can see this, I'm new to flickr and my iphone.  So, hopefully this turned out!

Manta Obscura

Quote from: Jenne on December 29, 2008, 04:06:27 PM

Not sure if you can see this, I'm new to flickr and my iphone.  So, hopefully this turned out!

That is amazing, Jenne! Bravo!
Everything I wish for myself, I wish for you also.

Jenne

Quote from: Manta Obscura on December 29, 2008, 04:10:29 PM
Quote from: Jenne on December 29, 2008, 04:06:27 PM

That is amazing, Jenne! Bravo!

:thanks:  Thank you!  We took the bacon off near the end because the damned thing got too oily and we had to decant maybe a GALLON of fucking grease out of the thing.  But the bacon was just a condiment at the end, really.  Had a lot of it left over, but it did its job.

Dysfunctional Cunt

That looked amazing!!  Now I really have to try one.  I have to ask, was the combination of the bacon (seriously greasy) mixed with duck, which to me is always greasy, just too much?

Jenne

Nah.  Once you decant all that grease off, it's really very lean.

Here's the upshot photo:

Suu

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Richter

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Jenne

THANKS!  :D  I am switching out the above pic, though, because it doesn't show the slices well enough...

Sir Squid Diddimus

that was some fine de-boning and trussing action you had going on there.

I'm proud  :)

Jenne

The Good Reverend Roger

It occurs to me that Turducken may very well be the best illustration of America, ever.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

East Coast Hustle

It paints us in far too flattering a light. If you made a turducken-style dish out of a twinkie, a big mac, and a 44oz. Diet Coke, you'd have it nailed.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypseâ„¢

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Freeky

Quote from: Rip City Hustle on June 07, 2011, 12:56:23 AM
It paints us in far too flattering a light. If you made a turducken-style dish out of a twinkie, a big mac, and a 44oz. Diet Coke, you'd have it nailed.

Can I get a large fry with that?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Rip City Hustle on June 07, 2011, 12:56:23 AM

:lulz:

Supersize me!
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Don Coyote

You mean a big mac covered with 'sponge cake', soaked in coke and then deep fried?