News:

There's only a handful of you, and you're acting like obsessed lunatics.

I honestly wouldn't want to ever be washed up on the shore unconscious on an island run by you lot.

Main Menu

Suu demands to know what you are listening to!

Started by Suu, February 28, 2009, 09:18:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eve Hill

Quote from: Luna on May 10, 2011, 07:59:16 PM
Settled on the soundtrack to "Supernatural."

My office mates are twitching.

*high five!*  :-D

Right now I'm listening to a Creedence Clearwater Revival song on the radio.

Triple Zero

Be sure to check out the 15 minute TED talk about the Paradox of Choice, too. Very enlightening.

http://www.ted.com/index.php/talks/barry_schwartz_on_the_paradox_of_choice.html

Didn't know it was a book, too. Might have to get it.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Disco Pickle

"Events in the past may be roughly divided into those which probably never happened and those which do not matter." --William Ralph Inge

"sometimes someone confesses a sin in order to take credit for it." -- John Von Neumann

Disco Pickle

I'm so Sick (T-Virus remix) - Flyleaf vs The Legion of Doom

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlHrOzBJiVw

her voice encourages a changing of the pance, especially when she breaks into that scream.
"Events in the past may be roughly divided into those which probably never happened and those which do not matter." --William Ralph Inge

"sometimes someone confesses a sin in order to take credit for it." -- John Von Neumann

AFK

Really?  I think her voice encourages one to claw out their eardrums.  But, that's just me. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Disco Pickle

Quote from: R.W.H.N. on May 11, 2011, 06:40:56 PM
Really?  I think her voice encourages one to claw out their eardrums.  But, that's just me. 

To each their own.

from the links you've posted, I've gathered we have vastly different tastes in music.  Not that you haven't introduced me to some good new stuff, it's just not something I would have otherwise sought out on my own.

AFK

Just engaging in some unsolicited music-snobbery.

There aren't too many music genres that really bug me, but the whole "chick fronting a heavy rock band" thing does kind of bug me.  Only because bands that have actually created some great music with that format have gone largely ignored.  The Gathering, for example. 

Disco Pickle

Quote from: R.W.H.N. on May 11, 2011, 06:46:38 PM
Just engaging in some unsolicited music-snobbery.

There aren't too many music genres that really bug me, but the whole "chick fronting a heavy rock band" thing does kind of bug me.  Only because bands that have actually created some great music with that format have gone largely ignored.  The Gathering, for example. 

I STILL love L7, but courtney love and hole nearly tainted the style for me forever.  I have to admit to really enjoying Evanescence's stuff.  That girl has pipes.

I hadn't heard of The Gathering before now. Currently browsing some of their stuff on youtube.  Good stuff.

AFK

I'm not really talking about the grunge bands.  That's a whole different ball of wax. L7 was good.  Hole was good when Kurt Cobain was writing their music.  (C'mon, it was obvious) 

I was really referring more to the metal/metal-like bands like Flyleaf, Evanescence, Hailstorm, In This Moment, etc.  Though, with Evanescence, at least she has a pretty good voice.  It's just the music that (IMO) sucks. 

The Gathering is kind of the "Black Sabbath" of that whole movement but they've never really got a lot of cred outside of the metal community. 

Disco Pickle

Quote from: R.W.H.N. on May 11, 2011, 07:07:36 PM
I'm not really talking about the grunge bands.  That's a whole different ball of wax. L7 was good.  Hole was good when Kurt Cobain was writing their music.  (C'mon, it was obvious)  

I was really referring more to the metal/metal-like bands like Flyleaf, Evanescence, Hailstorm, In This Moment, etc.  Though, with Evanescence, at least she has a pretty good voice.  It's just the music that (IMO) sucks.  

The Gathering is kind of the "Black Sabbath" of that whole movement but they've never really got a lot of cred outside of the metal community.  

so is it the vocals that you don't like?  would the same song, sung by someone else, be any good?  Or are shitty metal bands just attracting female vocalists?

what do you think of these guys: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1q5e7d7GKw0

I just found them on one of my Pandora channels.  Pretty fucking good IMO.

I'm back on this guy again today.  Just can't get enough of the heavy distortion and guitars.  Makes good drawing music.

Narrow Escape - Celldweller

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4payPuRM-Q

Disco Pickle

speaking of female vocals fronting metal/industrial bands:

holy Snake River Conspiracy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4M65Qe_VFg

that's a damn sexy cover

Cuddlefish

A fisher of men, or a manner of fish?

LMNO

Robyn - Include Me Out

This stuff is great.  Ballsy Chick Dance Pop.  More dance music should sound like this.

Payne

SNFU - FYULABA (Fuck You Up Like A Bad Accident)

AFK

I'm listening to some flamenco music by Nova Menco and it's making me wish I was sitting on a cruise ship with my wife sipping drinks instead of playing with stupid spread sheets.