News:

It's a bad decade to be bipedal, soft and unarmed.

Main Menu

THOUGHTS ON WATCHMEN MOVIE, MOST OF WHICH ARE NOT BY FRED

Started by Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ, March 08, 2009, 04:35:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFK

Ahh, well that tears it.  I guess the Mrs and I will have to go to the Jonas Brothers movie now. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Jasper

My bad, I pretty much assumed everyone here either saw it, read it, didn't plan to, or didn't care.

AFK

FTR, I was kidding.  I have zero interest in it.  From a perspective of not knowing shit about The Watchment, it just looks like the X-Men with less baldies and more emo.   

Jasper

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on March 10, 2009, 03:40:58 PM
FTR, I was kidding.  I have zero interest in it.  From a perspective of not knowing shit about The Watchment, it just looks like the X-Men with less baldies and more emo.   

I knew you were joking, but Cain had a point.  We have to think of other people's feelings.

hooplala

Sorry... spoilers don't spoil things for me so I forget they do for some people...
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

LMNO

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on March 10, 2009, 03:33:32 PM
Ahh, well that tears it.  I guess the Mrs and I will have to go to the Jonas Brothers movie now. 

Nick dies at the end.

[/spoiler]

AFK

Jasper

Tempest Virago

That's completely inaccurate. X-Men has just as much emo!

Jasper

FTR, I was kidding.  I have zero interest in it.  From a perspective of not knowing shit about The Watchmen, it just looks like the X-Men with less baldies and more emo.   

It would be easy to say that if you hadn't read the comic, based upon the ads.

I think you should probably give it more of a chance.  If you like pulpy hero action written intelligently, you'll probably find something to like about it.

AFK

Quote from: Tempest Virago on March 10, 2009, 04:26:52 PM
FTR, I was kidding.  I have zero interest in it.  From a perspective of not knowing shit about The Watchmen, it just looks like the X-Men with less baldies and more emo.   

AFK

Quote from: Felix on March 10, 2009, 04:41:08 PM

I think you should probably give it more of a chance.  If you like pulpy hero action written intelligently, you'll probably find something to like about it.

I guess for whatever reason the comic book movies just haven't appealed to me, and I loved comic books.  That said, when it's released to the On Demand thingy I'll probably watch it. 

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

Quote from: Felix on March 10, 2009, 04:41:08 PM

x-men was horrible they got everything all wrong and made me sad  :cry: :cry:
mystique was hawt tho  :fap:

Tempest Virago

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on March 10, 2009, 04:43:34 PM
Quote from: Tempest Virago on March 10, 2009, 04:26:52 PM

I was trying, unsuccessfully (as usual), to be funny, not actually saying you should know that.

AFK

I'll be happy when there is a movie based on the Madball comics.  Until then, the rest of them can pound sand.