News:

Bigotry is abound, apprently, within these boards.  There is a level of supposed tolerance I will have no part of.  Obviously, it seems to be well-embraced here.  I have finally found something more fucked up than what I'm used to.  Congrats. - Ruby

Main Menu

THOUGHTS ON WATCHMEN MOVIE, MOST OF WHICH ARE NOT BY FRED

Started by Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ, March 08, 2009, 04:35:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IMO: NEEDED MORE COCK

So far one of the best comic book adaptations I've ever seen (although I'm excited about the upcoming Cerberus film.) I was impressed even at the amount of dialogue they managed to preserve from the comic, although minor differences will annoy the die-hard neck-beard, it was the least butchered of any adaption of Moores work so far. So much of the plot in the comic is in the background, in the writing, Roy Ellis' book, Rorschachs journal, Rorschachs psych report, even the fucking comic in the comic (which I actually felt was a bit too much, when I read it), that they could never hope to replicate that immersion in the film. The movie was a movie, and it was a good movie, but it needed more cock.

I hated how I had to wait through a third of the film before seeing Dr. Manhattans penis, granted there was plenty of cock by the end, but the first third of the movie teases you with suggestive angles as if they are somehow trying to soften the blow. Needs more cock, period. I didnt feel that the sex was too much, the almost-rape scene was sufficiently brutal, the chevy-chase femaleloveinterest sex scene was a little cheesy with the music (and the symbolic flamethrower=stock footage of rockets going off), and now that its been pointed out to me here the Dr. Manhattan³ was a bit out of context.

I agree with whoever thought the presence of the music was a little overbearing, with the exception of the Dr. Manhattan on Mars sequence, and the opening montage, there were a lot of points where it was overbearing and not even relevent to the setting. What was with the end credits?! Was that the fucking Dropkick Murphys!! WTF! Also, needed more cock.

I liked the acting, I liked pretty much all of the acting, I was expecting absolute shit from the previews and it turned out to not be that bad, so I was pretty happy. Although, in my minds ear, Kovacs had a really nasally voice when he wasnt rorschach... but whatever, I'm sure if they ever portray Deadpool on the big screen, he probably wont be voiced by Gilbert Godfried, and that will be another dream of mine down the toilet. Needed more cock. I was however overjoyed at the choice of Chevy Chase as the Night Owl, very appropriate choice for the setting, but still: needed more cock.

I felt that the ending was way too fucking happy for what happens, and while the device they used wasnt terribly hackneyed, It wasnt the comic... so once again, there will be hordes of enraged neckbeards spewing their bile onto the interwebs in between furious cheetohs fueled masturbation sessions and mountain dew enemas. A warning to mothers, STAY OUT OF THEIR ROOMS.

Still it needed more cock. I cant wait for the DVD release, which should hopefully have at least another 12 minutes of uncircumcised member.

So, I guess overall I would say that this is the best comic-book adaptation since Ingmar Bergmans Persona.

Eater of Clowns

Movie sucked.  I almost want to mail Alan Moore a check for $15 to cover the cost of the IMAX ticket as an apology for having seen it.  My first words upon leaving the theater were "Fuck that shit."
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Suu

Going to see it tomorrow in the IMAX.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Bruno

Quote from: Z³ on March 10, 2009, 11:34:53 PM
IMO: NEEDED MORE COCK

Although, in my minds ear, Kovacs had a really nasally voice when he wasnt rorschach...

Coincidence?
Formerly something else...

Cain

Quote from: Z³ on March 10, 2009, 11:34:53 PMI'm sure if they ever portray Deadpool on the big screen, he probably wont be voiced by Gilbert Godfried, and that will be another dream of mine down the toilet.

Ryan Reynolds plays the role for X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryan_Reynolds

LMNO

RYAN FUCKING REYNOLDS?

Fuck that guy.

Also, I heard what the spoiler is, and I can't help but be disappointed.  Sure, it's a bit unexpected as far as how movies usually end, but unless they totally re-wronte the Ozymandias part, it sounds way too out of character.

hooplala

Quote from: Z³ on March 10, 2009, 11:34:53 PM(and the symbolic flamethrower=stock footage of rockets going off)

To be fair, that's also in the comic.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Faust

Quote from: LMNO on March 11, 2009, 12:04:00 PM
RYAN FUCKING REYNOLDS?

Fuck that guy.

Also, I heard what the spoiler is, and I can't help but be disappointed.  Sure, it's a bit unexpected as far as how movies usually end, but unless they totally re-wronte the Ozymandias part, it sounds way too out of character.
the sexuality thing? (having one as opposed to not?)
Sleepless nights at the chateau

LMNO

No, the bit they replaced the giant squid with...

Faust

Quote from: LMNO on March 11, 2009, 12:21:05 PM
Actually as a plot device it kinda works, but they focused on it too much and then ignored the scene that resolves everything.
Spoiler:
because they left out johns speech to ozymandias it makes it out that john simply agrees with what has happened, It never shows him in the better light after killing rorcharch. they never undermine ozymandias plan by saying it only saves the world in the short term, thus justifying all the killing.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Suu

I JUST SAW IT AND I REALLY LIKED IT.

EVERYONE ELSE CAN FUCK OFF.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Sir Squid Diddimus

Quote from: Suu on March 12, 2009, 02:02:52 AM

yeah that's pretty much how i felt.
(cept for that gawdawful love scene)

so i agree.

Jasper

Quote from: Faust on March 11, 2009, 12:31:29 PM
Quote from: LMNO on March 11, 2009, 12:21:05 PM
Actually as a plot device it kinda works, but they focused on it too much and then ignored the scene that resolves everything.
Spoiler:
because they left out johns speech to ozymandias it makes it out that john simply agrees with what has happened, It never shows him in the better light after killing rorcharch. they never undermine ozymandias plan by saying it only saves the world in the short term, thus justifying all the killing.

Since Ozymandias still has the power to make it seem as though Doc Manhattan is active, the facade can be carried on indefinitely.

Suu

Quote from: Squid-diddle on March 12, 2009, 02:59:17 AM
Quote from: Suu on March 12, 2009, 02:02:52 AM

yeah that's pretty much how i felt.
(cept for that gawdawful love scene)

so i agree.

The sex scene had my friends and I rolling in the aisles. I mean the flame thrower. Really...REALLY?!

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz:

That was put in there for the corn factor, it HAD to have been.

hunter s.durden

Quote from: Suu on March 12, 2009, 04:35:21 AM
The sex scene had my friends and I rolling in the aisles. I mean the flame thrower.
That was put in there for the corn factor, it HAD to have been.
Actually, I imagine it was put in because that happened in the book.
This space for rent.