News:

TESTEMONAIL:  Right and Discordianism allows room for personal interpretation. You have your theories and I have mine. Unlike Christianity, Discordia allows room for ideas and opinions, and mine is well-informed and based on ancient philosophy and theology, so, my neo-Discordian friends, open your minds to my interpretation and I will open my mind to yours. That's fair enough, right? Just claiming to be discordian should mean that your mind is open and willing to learn and share ideas. You guys are fucking bashing me and your laughing at my theologies and my friends know what's up and are laughing at you and honestly this is my last shot at putting a label on my belief structure and your making me lose all hope of ever finding a ideological group I can relate to because you don't even know what the fuck I'm talking about and everything I have said is based on the founding principals of real Discordianism. Expand your mind.

Main Menu

So I've been gone for a little over a week and...

Started by East Coast Hustle, March 22, 2009, 12:40:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triple Zero

hey, ehm, could anyone maybe explain me (and I'm pretty sure a whole horde of other confused people) just what exactly ECH is going on about?

what's the problem? something with Nigel, but not really cause he said it was in fact a sort of thing with the entire board. except for Apple Talk (which is where we talk about eggs).

honest, I've tried figuring it out, given what ECH posted ITT so far, but I have no fucking clue. and the car metaphor didnt really help either (it's a bit of history about how ECH acquired the domain name right? but I dont get it).

but the metaphor is about justifying doing something about what ECH perceives to be wrong. okay fine, if only we knew what really was wrong?

again:

Quote from: ECHI'm a little surprised that my desire to nudge this place back in the direction I had always intended it to go is being interpreted like this.

I have no interest in "making people flounce" or any other stupid shit like that. I guess I need to make it really clear that this is not part of some personal vendetta, hidden agenda, or anything else like that. I was just trying to air some of my concerns and also let people know that I wouldn't be around very much for the next little while so they could contact me through other means if my official presence here was needed at some point. It seems as though alot of you have some serious emotional investment in an internet message board and while that is understandable, at some point you need to remember that, you know, there's more to your lives than PD.com. This thread was never intended to be directed at any specific posters. Nigel and Rat made some bullshit comments that I took exception to, as I have taken exception to many of their comments recently. In fact, until very recently, Nigel was one of my favorite posters here. I certainly don't want her to leave, I just want her to pull her head out of her ass.

apparently SOMETHING is wrong, but WHAT. you pick out Rat and Nigel, only to later say that it's not just them, but PD in general

WHAT IS IT ECH

TELL US AND MAYBE WE CAN TALK ABOUT IT INSTEAD OF POINTLESSLY GETTING ANGRY AT EACHOTHER

OTHERWISE I CAN ONLY POINT AND LAUGH AT PEOPLE GETTING POINTLESSLY ANGRY AT EACHOTHER

if someone else besides ECH knows the answer I'd be happy to hear from them too.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: OPTIMUS PINECONE on March 25, 2009, 05:46:38 PMOh, yeah, and TGRR's ultimate nihlism, totally worth the tithing.

My what?  Here's a suggestion:  get to know me a bit before you make an ass out of yourself saying stupid shit like that.

Quote from: OPTIMUS PINECONE on March 25, 2009, 05:46:38 PM
    OR KILL ME    

You're doing it wrong.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Iason Ouabache on March 25, 2009, 04:20:29 PM
1) Everyone stop being paranoid. This (more than likely) isn't about you.

2) ECH, just stop all of the bullshit right now and just ban Nigel and Rat.  It will save us all a lot of time and drama and that's what you want anyways, isn't it?  You've never liked them and want an excuse to drive them away from here. But you can't want to break the "moral code" that has been set up here because you know everyone here will turn on you.  So you are trying to get the other admins on your side to gang up on a few select users that you don't want around.  You can't ban them outright so you have to find a way to make them flounce. Tell me if I'm getting warm with this.

Hold on one fucking minute.  For your information, the only reason I haven't used the ban hammer on a few people (DK, for example) is that ECH has counseled (not demanded) otherwise.  If ECH wanted to get me to "gang up" on people, all he has to do is step back and let the fun commence...because *I* CAN ban people outright, and will do so in a New York fucking minute.  Obviously, this doesn't apply to established users here (even ones I don't particularly like), but my first inclination these days to dealing with AKKs and Cowasses and DKs, etc, is to hit the "ban this user" button the moment I realize what is going on.

Call me a fucking Nazi, call me whatever you like, because I stopped giving a fuck about our self-imposed rules some time ago.  But don't take that fucking brush and paint ECH with it, because it ain't the truth.

TGRR,
Ban Happy Bastard.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

ECH could always argue with people in the threads where he actually disagrees with them, so that there would be context for his complaints, but starting a new  thread with vague complaints and no specifics is a lot easier and less challenging.

So far we have nailed down that:

A. He doesn't like moral relativism.
B. He doesn't like Nigel.
C. He's going to work with the mods to change the rules to make things better.

Well, I sure don't feel at all singled out by that.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Faust

I don't know what set off ech,
I know that the amount of horribly stupid shit i see has been increasing, and rather then say anything i just hit the back button, which is a bad move.
Another thing i have never liked is EN threads.
Though I enjoy reading about peoples successes in life i cant say the same for their pains, this forum is not an emotion baggage car,try not to get offended when i start laughing at it or parodying it from now on.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Pariah

In all honesty I don't think the board has changed much (though in all fairness I haven't been here very long). I also haven't seen anything that Nigel or Rat has done recently.

All in all.
I'm pretty fucking confused.
Play safe! Ski only in a clockwise direction! Let's all have fun together!

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Triple Zero on March 26, 2009, 12:12:37 AM

what's the problem? something with Nigel

Nigel has been bitchier than hell, lately, mainly because some scumbag fucked her over (details unknown).  I personally don't have a problem with this, but that's because I am bitchier than her sometimes, so I don't get offended when my friends do it.

Pariah

I haven't really noticed. But if she has been theres a reason for it. It's not like she's doing it for the hell of it.

OPTIMUS PINECONE

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 26, 2009, 12:17:01 AM
Quote from: OPTIMUS PINECONE on March 25, 2009, 05:46:38 PMOh, yeah, and TGRR's ultimate nihlism, totally worth the tithing.

My what?  Here's a suggestion:  get to know me a bit before you make an ass out of yourself saying stupid shit like that.

OR KILL ME    

You're doing it wrong.

:cry:     You can't always help how you appear to other people.

I noticed that you carefully get to know people before you fly around the board smacking "eat a dick" and "shut the fuck up"

ALSO, from ass to ass, I mentioned you in an admiring way ( :wink:) because you're always exploding shit in an apocalyptic finale. It's not a personal judgement. I mean, your name isn't really TGRR and you don't really look like Bob Dobbs right?

But again, you've been here longer so, flame on girl and tell me how to do it right daddy.
"Sincere thought, real free thought, ready, in the name of superhuman authority or of humble common sense, to question the basis of what is officially taught and generally accepted, is less and less likely to thrive. It is, we repeat, by far easier to enslave a literate people than an illiterate one, strange as this may seem at first sight. And the enslavement is more likely to be lasting."   -Savitri Devi

"Great men of action... never mind on occasion being ridiculous; in a sense it is part of their job, and at times they all are"   -Oswald Mosley

Messier Undertree

Quote from: The Pariah on March 26, 2009, 12:25:51 AM
In all honesty I don't think the board has changed much

It hasn't changed much since January, no.

Messier Undertree

Quote from: OPTIMUS PINECONE on March 26, 2009, 12:33:00 AMI mean, your name isn't really TGRR

It is actually. Right there on the birth certificate.

Pariah

Quote from: Malachite on March 26, 2009, 12:35:34 AM

Which is exactly why I said,
Quote from: The Pariah on March 26, 2009, 12:25:51 AM(though in all fairness I haven't been here very long).

Triple Zero

Quote from: Malachite on March 26, 2009, 12:35:34 AM

what do you mean, everybody has constantly been changing their screennames, avatars and been posting new topics and threads!

this board has been in constant flux, yet there is something MYSTERIOUSLY WRONG with this board i just cant put my finger on it ...
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

OPTIMUS PINECONE

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 26, 2009, 12:17:01 AM

OR KILL ME    

You're doing it wrong.

Sometimes, I'm just being funny. If you knew me better, you'd recognize this. Is this better? http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=18709.0
"Sincere thought, real free thought, ready, in the name of superhuman authority or of humble common sense, to question the basis of what is officially taught and generally accepted, is less and less likely to thrive. It is, we repeat, by far easier to enslave a literate people than an illiterate one, strange as this may seem at first sight. And the enslavement is more likely to be lasting."   -Savitri Devi

"Great men of action... never mind on occasion being ridiculous; in a sense it is part of their job, and at times they all are"   -Oswald Mosley

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: OPTIMUS PINECONE on March 26, 2009, 12:33:00 AM
     :cry:     You can't always help how you appear to other people.

I noticed that you carefully get to know people before you fly around the board smacking "eat a dick" and "shut the fuck up"

ALSO, from ass to ass, I mentioned you in an admiring way ( :wink:) because you're always exploding shit in an apocalyptic finale. It's not a personal judgement. I mean, your name isn't really TGRR and you don't really look like Bob Dobbs right?

But again, you've been here longer so, flame on girl and tell me how to do it right daddy.

No, actually, I think I'll just jam you in the same box as Dead Kennedy and Lamanite, and then stop caring about your existence.