News:

For my part, I've replaced optimism and believing the best of people by default with a grin and the absolute 100% certainty that if they cannot find a pig to fuck, they will buy some bacon and play oinking noises on YouTube.

Main Menu

They BREAK OFF?!

Started by Kai, April 06, 2009, 12:24:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kai

Quote from: LMNO on April 07, 2009, 03:25:40 PM
Quote from: Kai on April 06, 2009, 11:03:10 PM
Quote from: Jenne on April 06, 2009, 09:58:02 PM
They may not crawl around in your ears, but if you catch one and hold onto it, it pinches you! MEAN, smelly creatures, I tell you!

Were you talking about humans, or earwigs?

:potd:

You just can't tell these days.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Golden Applesauce

Quote from: Kai on April 06, 2009, 09:32:49 PM
Quote from: The Borderline Simpleton on April 06, 2009, 07:46:58 PM
Quote from: Khara on April 06, 2009, 07:36:27 PM
Does this mean there are bug penises in peoples ears?

:fap::fap::fap::fap:

I hope so.

Myth. People thought they crawled into peoples ears at night and did weird things to their brains, but its never been substantiated ever.

And I mean EVER. No reports of Dermaptera in peoples ears.

I call meta-myth!  I bet that the interpretation of the name "earwig" as having had to do with ears is a back formation from the word which is probably from an entirely different root altogether!  Also, I've never met anyone who believed that earwigs crawl into your brain through your ears (discounting impressionable children lied to by adults who knew better.)
Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.

The Good Reverend Roger

I hope so.

Myth. People thought they crawled into peoples ears at night and did weird things to their brains, but its never been substantiated ever.

That's just what you want us to think.  Bug lover!
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Kai on April 06, 2009, 11:03:10 PM
Quote from: Jenne on April 06, 2009, 09:58:02 PM
They may not crawl around in your ears, but if you catch one and hold onto it, it pinches you! MEAN, smelly creatures, I tell you!

Were you talking about humans, or earwigs?

:lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: GA on May 08, 2009, 05:39:04 AM

I hope so.

I call meta-myth!  I bet that the interpretation of the name "earwig" as having had to do with ears is a back formation from the word which is probably from an entirely different root altogether!  Also, I've never met anyone who believed that earwigs crawl into your brain through your ears (discounting impressionable children lied to by adults who knew better.)

They're often found in ears of corn. I assumed that's where the name came from...
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Kai

Interesting. I'll bring that up with my professor next time I see him.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Soylent Green

I hope so.

Actually I had a friend who legitimately had an earwig crawl in his ear when he was asleep. He complained of really bad ear pains and when he went to the doctor there WAS one in his ear.

Just a coincidence I know, but still.

HE IS THE PROOF lol

Cainad (dec.)

I think when that happens, one probably ought to be more concerned with the sanitary conditions of one's dwelling than with specifics about where the earwigs are crawling. :lol:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

My husband once got a gnat in his ear and it had to be flushed out at the doctor's office.