Main Menu

Bill Nye booed in Texas

Started by Dr Goofy, April 23, 2009, 07:13:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Kai on January 05, 2010, 03:18:42 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 05, 2010, 03:15:31 AM
Quote from: Mistress Freeky on January 05, 2010, 03:13:50 AM
I remember Bill Nye! He was (and prolly still is) awesome!

Is.  Bill Nye is alive and well, and doing good work.

The guy has probably done more for propagating scientific thought to the layman than any other person ever.

Sagan?

Nye did it longer, more regularly, and didn't have an annoying voice that sounded like a drowning sloth.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Thurnez Isa on January 05, 2010, 03:19:41 AM

The guy has probably done more for propagating scientific thought to the layman than any other person ever.

he did "Eyes of Nye" for a while
which was more geared towards adults but had all the air of his old kid show... so it was awesome
I haven't seen it for a while so i dont know if he still does it

Dunno. 

But I've watched a lot of his stuff on Youtube (the Autotune stuff is AMAZING), and I really like him.  I shall spare him, come the apocalypse.  Fuck, I'll HIRE him.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Thurnez Isa

Sagan?

I would go with Nye... most of the people I know have found memories of Bill Nye... Sagan not everyone has seen.
Though it probably isn't fair cause Nye specifically targeted kids
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Thurnez Isa on January 05, 2010, 03:21:18 AM

Sagan?

I would go with Nye... most of the people I know have found memories of Bill Nye... Sagan not everyone has seen.
Though it probably isn't fair cause Nye specifically targeted kids

Yep.  Sagan preached to the choir, for the most part.  Nye got 'em young.

Freeky

He was used as a lifeline on Who Wants To Be A Millionnaire a few months back. Maybe more than a few months... But I was like "Hoshit it's Bill Nye the Science Guy! OMG I LUV YOU BILL!" My mom gave me a funny look.

Jasper

I like Sagan more as a scholar/author, and Nye more as an educator.

But fuck me if I forgot about this.  Poor Bill.  I'm surprised he had the guts to publicly point out a bible flaw in Texas.   Guy's a badass, but there were probably several itchy trigger fingers in that audience.

President Television

Quote from: P3nT4gR4m on April 23, 2009, 01:46:48 PM
Maybe there's a generation of people who've never been exposed to the facts. I love this century :lulz:

Relevant: http://www.clockcrew.cc/talk/showthread.php?t=91974

:horrormirth:

EDIT: Also, Bill Nye is brilliant. But that's old news here, as I can see.
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

Freeky

Quote from: Shrunkenheadspace on January 05, 2010, 03:25:12 AM
Maybe there's a generation of people who've never been exposed to the facts. I love this century :lulz:

The girl is obviously not at fault. The school is, for expecting their students to pay the fuck attention.

President Television

Quote from: Mistress Freeky on January 05, 2010, 03:30:10 AM

The girl is obviously not at fault. The school is, for expecting their students to pay the fuck attention.

Schools teach WWII in the States?
^Shit, I know that sounds insulting, but the overall impression I've gotten of the country over the last few months is less than flattering.
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

Thurnez Isa

QuoteI met a teenager the other day who had never heard of the holocaust
"Oh yeah that hitler guy I've heard of him"

that kid obviously hasn't read enough pat buchanan
http://buchanan.org/blog/did-hitler-want-war-2068
:lulz:

Warning
The above article is Buchanan being an apologist for Hitler... Im not fucking kidding...
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.

Dante

Freeky

Quote from: Shrunkenheadspace on January 05, 2010, 03:32:56 AM

^Shit, I know that sounds insulting, but the overall impression I've gotten of the country over the last few months is less than flattering.

Tey touced upon it wen I was in school But that was six years ago I learned it in my sophomore year.

President Television

Quote from: Thurnez Isa on January 05, 2010, 03:34:14 AM
that kid obviously hasn't read enough pat buchanan
http://buchanan.org/blog/did-hitler-want-war-2068

Of course he wanted war. IIRC, the whole reason that the war started was that Hitler amassed a huge army and the Allies didn't do shit about it. Some people are idiots.

Thurnez Isa

He even wrote a book about it.
I'll sum it up for you
Big bad allies attacked poor old Hilter forcing him to kill the Jews and leaving the poor Christians at the mercy of the big bad communists.

And yes this clown still has a job as a commentator at msnbc
cause of course no one there would call him out on it, just remove the link from their site and pretend it never happened
Its fucking circus out there

Dante

The Good Reverend Roger

I remember getting about 30 minutes of it, before the hippies teaching us wanted to talk about the 50s.

President Television

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 05, 2010, 03:51:21 AM

I remember getting about 30 minutes of it, before the hippies teaching us wanted to talk about the 50s.

I actually find that really funny, because I haven't learned anything at all about the 50s in school, and I'm in Grade 12. But then, you were in school quite some time ago, I suppose.