News:

OK fuckers, let me out of here. I farted for you, what more do you want from me? Jesus fuck.

Main Menu

THE INEVITABLE SWINE FLU THREAD: How bad is it where YOU are?

Started by tyrannosaurus vex, April 27, 2009, 03:38:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Squid Diddimus

so it's not o.k. to call it swine flu even though it's from pigs
is o.k. to call it mexican flu, does it come from mexicans?
are they calling mexicans pigs??

i don't get it!

it's a FLU! a flu is a flu!

Jenne

It's an attempt to salve some "affronted" feelings vis a vis little piggies.  :lol:  Reminds me of the year Virgin airlines refused to allow non-Muslim employees to put pigs anywhere in the workplace, for fear of offending the Muslim workers.  LAEM

LMNO

"Let's not call it Swine Flu, it might upset the Jews and Muslims."
   \
:spag:

"I know, we'll call it Mexican Flu!  Who's gonna be offended by that?
   \
:spag2:

:suu:

Sir Squid Diddimus

Quote from: LMNO on April 27, 2009, 06:30:27 PM
"Let's not call it Swine Flu, it might upset the Jews and Muslims."
   \
:spag:

"I know, we'll call it Mexican Flu!  Who's gonna be offended by that?
   \
:spag2:

:suu:

yeah, this is kinda what i meant.
only better said

Xooxe

Just found a very interesting article published in April last year. It tells of the H1N1 flu picking up steam and evolving (in the U.S and Austria no less) into a potential pandemic candidate.

http://www.bio-medicine.org/biology-technology-1/H1N1-Influenza-Virus-With-Highest-Replikin-Count-28TM-29-Since-the-1918-Pandemic-Identified-in-the-U-S--and-Austria-4432-1/

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: Xooxe on April 27, 2009, 06:44:45 PM
Just found a very interesting article published in April last year. It tells of the H1N1 flu picking up steam and evolving (in the U.S and Austria no less) into a potential pandemic candidate.

http://www.bio-medicine.org/biology-technology-1/H1N1-Influenza-Virus-With-Highest-Replikin-Count-28TM-29-Since-the-1918-Pandemic-Identified-in-the-U-S--and-Austria-4432-1/

QUIET YOU! THIS IS ALL THE MEXICANS' FAULT!

NOBODY COULD HAVE SEEN THIS COMING!
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Jenne

Quote from: Xooxe on April 27, 2009, 06:44:45 PM

I guess this particular flu has a couple of different strains, so when my husband read the CDC warning in his email the other day, he panicked slightly but then read which strain it was and relaxed, saying, "Aw, it's the wrong one to make a big deal over!"

So there you have it.

fomenter

"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

Jenne

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Shibboleet The Annihilator

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

tyrannosaurus vex

BREAKING NEWS: SWINE FLU VIRUS DOES NOT AFFECT PEOPLE WHO USE LINUX.

lol.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

LMNO