News:

Feel my amazing brain. Go on, touch it!

Main Menu

Samsara

Started by Arafelis, June 11, 2009, 05:46:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kai

Quote from: Cain on June 25, 2009, 04:14:51 PM
And I thought psychoanalysis was a bullshit magnet.

I'm really not sure where you're going with this.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

LMNO

Eh, to be honest, my "blanks sheet/infinite perception" riff did kind of sound like bullshit.

Kai

Quote from: LMNO on June 25, 2009, 04:28:09 PM
Eh, to be honest, my "blanks sheet/infinite perception" riff did kind of sound like bullshit.

Maybe if you replace "blank sheet" with "unorganized jumble of symbols, thoughts and beliefs" and "infinite perception" with "unclear maps into uncharted territory", it would be less like bullshit?
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Template

Quote from: Arafelis on June 25, 2009, 04:50:31 AM
Quote from: yhnmzw on June 25, 2009, 02:55:37 AM
Maybe just operating in a closed system without input.  Or, "doing exactly what they're built to do."  One "wise man" I read a few paragraphs of said that wise men had to manufacture their own karma to survive (remain in contact with the lower circuits).  I'd classify that as providing new input.

Hmm.  I haven't heard that before.  It sounds interesting; do you have a source?

This book:
http://www.amazon.com/Mystic-Eye-Sadhguru-Jaggi-Vasudev/dp/8179928837/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1246392239&sr=1-6

This guy:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaggi_Vasudev

The author reiterated a story that a certain guru seemed self-indulgent because he always ate an (extra?) afternoon meal.  He said that that was the way he stayed around--his friends should expect him to die soon after the day that he did not ask for the meal.  And then it happened that way.