News:

He was a pretty good teacher, but he's also batshit insane and smells like ferret pee.

Main Menu

Introducing the Next Fox News-fueled Outrage!

Started by AFK, September 15, 2009, 03:17:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFK

Obama called Kanye West a "jackass" for his interruption at the VMAs.

It is the top story at Fox News right now. 

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/09/15/obama-calls-kanye-west-jackass/

QuotePresident Barack Obama called hip-hop musician Kanye West a "jackass" on Monday in an off-the-record comment during an interview with CNBC, an ABC News anchor reported on Twitter.

Obama was apparently weighing in on an interruption that occurred the night before during the MTV Video Music Awards where West grabbed the microphone from teen country singer Taylor Swift during her award acceptance speech to announce his belief that Beyonce had a better music video.

"Pres. Obama just called Kanye West a 'jackass' for his outburst at VMAs when Taylor Swift won. Now THAT'S presidential," "Nightline" co-anchor Terry Moran wrote Monday evening to his more than 1 million followers.

The tweet forced the network to issue an apology after the Internet quickly became abuzz over the stunning remark published on the microblogging site.

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

LMNO

"Off the record" means OFF THE RECORD, DICK.

On the other hand, Kanye is a Jackass, so there you go.

AFK

The interesting part of this story, is that it will put the Fox News gang in a weird position, of kinda sorta defending Kanye "George Bush hates black people" West.  Because I will be utterly shocked if this isn't the lead story for Beck and Hannity. 

LMNO

Incidentally, I need to WOMP that image of Kanye and Mike Meyers, with Mike saying, "Kanye West hates white people."

AFK

Quote from: LMNO on September 15, 2009, 03:18:41 PM

Exactly.  So, unlike Mr. Wilson, not only did he not make the remark in a public venue.  He was also correct.  Oh, but of course our President's are supposed to be squeaky clean and speak properly 100% of the time.  

No, please!!! Not the personality!!!  Not the personality!!!!!

Sir Squid Diddimus

this.

Dimocritus

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on September 15, 2009, 03:17:30 PM
Obama called Kanye West a "jackass" for his interruption at the VMAs.

It is the top story at Fox News right now. 

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/09/15/obama-calls-kanye-west-jackass/

QuotePresident Barack Obama called hip-hop musician Kanye West a "jackass" on Monday in an off-the-record comment during an interview with CNBC, an ABC News anchor reported on Twitter.

Obama was apparently weighing in on an interruption that occurred the night before during the MTV Video Music Awards where West grabbed the microphone from teen country singer Taylor Swift during her award acceptance speech to announce his belief that Beyonce had a better music video.

"Pres. Obama just called Kanye West a 'jackass' for his outburst at VMAs when Taylor Swift won. Now THAT'S presidential," "Nightline" co-anchor Terry Moran wrote Monday evening to his more than 1 million followers.

The tweet forced the network to issue an apology after the Internet quickly became abuzz over the stunning remark published on the microblogging site.

The ability to call things the way they are sounds like it should be a positive attribute of a president. Unless I'm being totally naive here...
HOUSE OF GABCab ~ "caecus plumbum caecus"

Triple Zero

I am shocked, SHOCKED, that Obama lets himself get riled up by ... FUCKING MTV!

wait no im doing it wrong, that smells like a semi valid argument sorry.

OBAMA TRIES TO DENY KANYE'S RIGHT TO FREE SPEECH WTF

there, better?
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

The Good Reverend Roger

I'm sorry, were you looking for a real journalist?  I'm afraid the last one died a few weeks ago.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

It's more the absolutely blantant admission that they were quoting the president after admitting that their own rules say that you shouldn't be quoting the president off the record.

Halfbaked1

Iason Ouabache

At least he didn't call him a "major league asshole", right guys?
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Halfbaked1 on September 15, 2009, 08:01:14 PM
I, for one, am SHOCKED and OUTRAGED! :omg:

Why is everything circling the drain?  Why is there no actual journalism putting some form of check on the government?

Because of shit like what I just quoted.  That's why.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

It's kind of a fun bit to listen to: http://www.tmz.com/2009/09/15/obama-calls-kanye-a-jackass/

You got to hand it to The Smiler, he's a charismatic son of a bitch even on audio.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on September 16, 2009, 12:03:07 AM
It's kind of a fun bit to listen to: http://www.tmz.com/2009/09/15/obama-calls-kanye-a-jackass/

You got to hand it to The Smiler, he's a charismatic son of a bitch even on audio.

Oh, there's no doubt about that.