News:

TESTAMONIAL:  "I was still a bit rattled by the spectacular devastation."

Main Menu

Unlimited "Glenn Beck is a nutter" thread

Started by Cain, September 26, 2009, 04:33:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juana

They better charge these guys with treason. I'm kind of torn between hoping it quashes this sort of thing (which it won't) and hoping it'll inflame it (which is much more likely).
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Lord Quantum

Quote from: Hover Cat on March 30, 2010, 02:08:49 AM
Quote from: Lord Quantum on March 30, 2010, 02:05:07 AM
I would say that I feel sorry for you but I live in Georgia. We're more paranoid but other than that, I see your strip mall churches and raise you an army of street preachers.
Got those, too.

But! We only have one mega-church, which most of us refer to as the Mother Ship for a variety of reasons.

I see your mothership and raise you a church that believes that churches that have kitchens are all going to hell.
Quote from: Cain on March 28, 2010, 09:44:45 PM
Fuck it.  I'm going to get ordained as a Catholic priest and start robbing banks and mugging people.  I mean, apparently, you can be excused any crime if you're in with the Big V.

Quote from: Requia ☣ on September 28, 2008, 02:09:45 AM

Lets try it on an even simpler level:

1) There is a minimum energy/mass things can have, everything can be measured in a multiple of this minimum.

2) Objects at this size, or close to it, don't have an exact position or velocity, so they look like waves in most experiments.

3) If you try to measure the location, they act more like particles, just to fuck with you, but the velocity gets more uncertain, also just to fuck with you.

Conclusion: God hates physicists.

GASMs - PosterGASM (Calvinball edition), AbbyGASM

Pirate Pass Off Scorecard (5)

Iason Ouabache

I am Glenn's complete lack of irony:

http://mediamatters.org/blog/201003260022

If you don't want to click: Glenn is accusing Obama of using the politics of fear.
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Cramulus

You know what I find ironic?
(and I acknowledge that I'm beating a dead horse here)

Terrorism is "the systematic use of terror especially as a means of coercion."

When Glenn Beck motivates people through fear,

when the government justifies itself by referencing 9/11,

basically any time that you trade freedom for security,

isn't that a form of terrorism?

I'm not saying that the government's warrantless wiretapping is equivalent to flying a plane into a building
but the real effect of 9/11 wasn't based on the lives we lost, it was the cultural reaction to the attack. That was the intent of the terrorism, to shake everybody to the core and make them question their values.

Constantly evoking this image -- or any image of violence and destruction -- as a form of persuasion
        seems to be tapping into the same power source. You can't get people to agree with you unless you evoke the same fear, as we experienced on 9/11

that's what's so frustrating to be about the 9/12 movement. I forget which pundit said it, but 9/12 was a scary fucking day! YES we all stood together with the flag flying overhead and our hands on our hearts.. but NO, this is what led to the patriot act!

btw, HI NSA BOTS!
:wave:

hooplala

I agree.  The terror about terrorism, and branding anything or anyone who disagrees as a terrorist, is in itself a form of terrorism.  This whole past decade has been largely about fearmongering.  And Glenn Beck is one of the worst.

Though, I will say, as much as I think Glenn Beck is a bag of douche... I'm glad he exists, and is allowed a forum.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Da6s

http://www.wftv.com/news/22999143/detail.html

QuoteORLANDO, Fla. -- Dozens of people who parked at the University of Central Florida for an event say they were set up after their cars were towed. They said event parking signs directed them to a lot, but more than 50 cars in that lot were towed. People said those signs and their cars were gone when they got back.
A viewer contacted WFTV after his car was towed Saturday, along with 52 others. All of them were in line to recover their cars at an impound lot and all of them attended the Glenn Beck show at UCF.
The people parked in a Kappa Sigma lot. Mike Vedder thinks they were set up. He doesn't know if it was a dislike of the conservative commentator or money.

Freakin' Genius.
We appear to be doomed by our DNA to repeat the same destructive behaviors our forebears have repeated for millenia. If anything our problem solving skills have actually diminished with the advent of technology & our ubiquitous modern conveniences. & yet despite our predisposition towards fear-driven hostility; towards what we anachronistically term primitive behavior another instinct is just as firmly encoded in our make-up. We are capable as our ancestors were of incredible breathtaking acts of kindness. Every hour of every day a man risks his life at a moments notice to save another. Forget for a moment the belligerent benevolent billionaires who grant the unfortunate a crumb of costfree cake. I speak of pure acts of selflessness. A Mother who rushes into the street to save a child from a speeding vehicle. A person who runs into a burning building to reach a family trapped on the upper story. Such actions,such moments,such unconscious selfless decisions,define what it is to be human

Freeky

Quote from: Da6s on March 30, 2010, 07:44:56 PM

QuoteORLANDO, Fla. -- Dozens of people who parked at the University of Central Florida for an event say they were set up after their cars were towed. They said event parking signs directed them to a lot, but more than 50 cars in that lot were towed. People said those signs and their cars were gone when they got back.
A viewer contacted WFTV after his car was towed Saturday, along with 52 others. All of them were in line to recover their cars at an impound lot and all of them attended the Glenn Beck show at UCF.
The people parked in a Kappa Sigma lot. Mike Vedder thinks they were set up. He doesn't know if it was a dislike of the conservative commentator or money.

Freakin' Genius.

:lulz: That's awesome!

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Da6s on March 30, 2010, 07:44:56 PM

Freakin' Genius.

That's more win than I care to contemplate.
Molon Lube

Jenne

FUCKING GLENN BECK DITTOHEADS GOT WHAT THEY DESERVED.

PLEASE SIR, CAN I HAVE SOME MORE?

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Jenne on March 30, 2010, 07:59:47 PM

I <3 ragey Jenne.   :)
Molon Lube

Jenne

Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 30, 2010, 08:01:22 PM

CEPT YOU RUINED HER WITH YOUR DRIVEBY DIALWRONG. :D

EVERYTHING'S PISSING ME OFF TODAY!  :crankey:  IF I SEE GLENN BECK IN THE STREET IMA KICK IM IN THE JIMMY!  DON'T SEE IF I WON'T!

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Jenne on March 30, 2010, 08:05:28 PM

EVERYTHING'S PISSING ME OFF TODAY!  :crankey:  IF I SEE GLENN BECK IN THE STREET IMA KICK IM IN THE JIMMY!  DON'T SEE IF I WON'T!

I was trying to dial "John" on my speed dial, and dialed "Jenne", which is right below it.

I have really big fingers. :(
Molon Lube

Jenne

Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 30, 2010, 08:29:24 PM
Quote from: Jenne on March 30, 2010, 08:05:28 PM

I was trying to dial "John" on my speed dial, and dialed "Jenne", which is right below it.

I have really big fingers. :(

I do it all the time.  On the iPhone, some areas of the screen are more sensitive than others, and my clumsy fingers touch "call" or whatever before I know it, and I'm going SHIT SHIT SHIT ENDCALL ENDCALL.

:D  You were polite and sat while I cackled in your ear, semi-hysterically, after biting your head off for calling me while working.

You, Sir, are a god among men.   :D

LMNO

Ten bucks says he was getting off on it.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO on March 30, 2010, 08:35:27 PM
Ten bucks says he was getting off on it.

She charged me $4.99/minute for phone rage.

:oops:

Dok,
Thinks we might be on to something.
Molon Lube