News:

And if you've misplaced your penis, never fear. This forum is full of dicks.

Main Menu

The internet owes Faust $7117.50

Started by Cain, October 09, 2009, 07:56:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Squid Diddimus

Faust

Its true we were getting about 12$ a day from the google ads, I never got a penny of it because they canceled my account with them because of our "questionable content".

Also i will sell this site to whoever wants for seven grand....

Sleepless nights at the chateau

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: ☂Faust☂ on October 12, 2009, 01:03:40 AM
Its true we were getting about 12$ a day from the google ads, I never got a penny of it because they canceled my account with them because of our "questionable content".

What?  LOL.

Quote from: ☂Faust☂ on October 12, 2009, 01:03:40 AM
Also i will sell this site to whoever wants for seven grand....

Good luck with that.  Maybe the Scientologists will buy it.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Faust

Yeah remember the two weeks we had a google advert at the bottom of the page, It was at 50$ when the googleads account got suspended.
I could go to another web advertiser but I'm really picky about it because I don't want them putting anything dodgy onto the site, google I trusted a bit.

How about we sell Principiadiscordia.com to the scientologists for a huge amount of money and then just move to .org (I'm sitting on that one too).

Requia ☣

I don't know how well it would work for a site like this, but Project Wonderful lets you control what ads get put on the site, and pulls in a decent bit of money on some other sites i visit.  (Its a bidding system, if you don't like the winning bid you can take a pay hit and use the other bid instead).
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Faust

I'll have a look at it, Controlling the adverts sounds like an ok system to me. I was afraid of randomly having sexycams.ru or some other NWS shit showing up when I'm not looking, or worse, if they were flash or java ads some kind of virus or sound effects.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: ☂Faust☂ on October 12, 2009, 01:14:49 AM
Yeah remember the two weeks we had a google advert at the bottom of the page, It was at 50$ when the googleads account got suspended.
I could go to another web advertiser but I'm really picky about it because I don't want them putting anything dodgy onto the site, google I trusted a bit.

How about we sell Principiadiscordia.com to the scientologists for a huge amount of money and then just move to .org (I'm sitting on that one too).

:mittens:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mangrove

Make money from PD.com!!

Donate to Suu so she can get divorced!
What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

Kurt Christ

Quote from: ☂Faust☂ on October 12, 2009, 01:27:21 AM
I'll have a look at it, Controlling the adverts sounds like an ok system to me. I was afraid of randomly having sexycams.ru or some other NWS shit showing up when I'm not looking, or worse, if they were flash or java ads some kind of virus or sound effects.

I DESPISE banner ads with sounds. It is one of my biggest pet peeves while browsing the Internet, and I usually refresh then page until a different add appears if I want to read it that badly (or turn the speakers off if I'm not using them for anything at the time).
Formerly known as the Space Pope (then I was excommunicated), Father Kurt Christ (I was deemed unfit to raise children, spiritual or otherwise), and Vartox (the speedo was starting to chafe)

Golden Applesauce

Quote from: Father Kurt Christ on October 12, 2009, 02:55:04 AM

I DESPISE banner ads with sounds. It is one of my biggest pet peeves while browsing the Internet, and I usually refresh then page until a different add appears if I want to read it that badly (or turn the speakers off if I'm not using them for anything at the time).

Get Adblock (for Firefox) or a browser with similar functionality built-in.
Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.

Nast

Quote from: Father Kurt Christ on October 12, 2009, 02:55:04 AM

CONGRATULATIONS YOU JUST WON AN iPHONE

CLICK HERE TO CLAIM DICKS
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

Triple Zero

Quote from: ☂Faust☂ on October 12, 2009, 01:14:49 AMYeah remember the two weeks we had a google advert at the bottom of the page, It was at 50$ when the googleads account got suspended.

Shows you how smart that was.

Fuck them, you abided by the rules and they screwed you out of $50?? Questionable content, fuck that. We even make sure we're SFW. Fucking google bitches.

Anyone still want a wave invite?
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Requia ☣

I'll take one, just cause I want to see it.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Faust

Quote from: Triple Zero on October 12, 2009, 07:43:22 AM
Quote from: ☂Faust☂ on October 12, 2009, 01:14:49 AMYeah remember the two weeks we had a google advert at the bottom of the page, It was at 50$ when the googleads account got suspended.

Shows you how smart that was.

Fuck them, you abided by the rules and they screwed you out of $50?? Questionable content, fuck that. We even make sure we're SFW. Fucking google bitches.

Anyone still want a wave invite?
I'll take one