News:

He was a pretty good teacher, but he's also batshit insane and smells like ferret pee.

Main Menu

So I just watched Angels and Demons and...

Started by Suu, December 01, 2009, 01:20:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

:facepalm: <---- Suu almost the entire movie.

I hate adaptations. Even off of Dan Brown novels they can't even be accurate or good.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Kai

I agree. The novel was bad, but the movie was horrible.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Suu

It just felt waaaaay too hurried along with all the omissions.  :x

I just...ugh.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Kai

If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Suu

Yeah, they really fucking butchered it. They changed the back story to the Camerlengo and made him all Scottish just so Ewan MacGregor could play the part.

But changing Kohler's name to Richter? That made me  :lulz:.

Cain

Yeah, that made me laugh too.

The movie was awful though.  Even the major plot made no sense, because it relied on Langdon finding the antimatter before it exploded, but after it could have been safely....neutralized or whatever, I cant remember the exact reason, but I know they couldn't stop it from blowing, which was all part of the plan.  The retarded plan.

Da6s

The only redeeming quality the book had was the character of the assassin, and they completely ruined him in the movie.
We appear to be doomed by our DNA to repeat the same destructive behaviors our forebears have repeated for millenia. If anything our problem solving skills have actually diminished with the advent of technology & our ubiquitous modern conveniences. & yet despite our predisposition towards fear-driven hostility; towards what we anachronistically term primitive behavior another instinct is just as firmly encoded in our make-up. We are capable as our ancestors were of incredible breathtaking acts of kindness. Every hour of every day a man risks his life at a moments notice to save another. Forget for a moment the belligerent benevolent billionaires who grant the unfortunate a crumb of costfree cake. I speak of pure acts of selflessness. A Mother who rushes into the street to save a child from a speeding vehicle. A person who runs into a burning building to reach a family trapped on the upper story. Such actions,such moments,such unconscious selfless decisions,define what it is to be human

LMNO

No, the only redeeming part of book was that he decided to end it with Langdon having freaky sex with a yoga master.

Richter

Quote from: Suu on December 01, 2009, 03:09:08 AM

But changing Kohler's name to Richter? That made me  :lulz:.

Still would not watch, but
:lulz:
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Triple Zero

Quote from: Cain on December 01, 2009, 08:48:01 AM
Yeah, that made me laugh too.

The movie was awful though.  Even the major plot made no sense, because it relied on Langdon finding the antimatter before it exploded, but after it could have been safely....neutralized or whatever, I cant remember the exact reason, but I know they couldn't stop it from blowing, which was all part of the plan.  The retarded plan.

i thought it was funny they tried to shut down parts of the power grid to find the hidden camera instead of much easier and more accurate, tracing the signal.

even if it's wireless.

unless they routed it through korean proxies or shit, but I think they said it was still part of the vatican surveillance grid, they just didnt know where it was.

i mean you take a directional antenna and walk straight at it ..

i mean the power grid thing was a pretty clever move, granted that. but even if clever, it wasn't very efficient compared to tracing the signal.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Suu

Quote from: Da6s on December 01, 2009, 09:17:48 AM
The only redeeming quality the book had was the character of the assassin, and they completely ruined him in the movie.

Yeah. He wasn't Middle Eastern and full of rape.  :|

I have a feeling that the Catholic Church must have threatened Ron Howard's mortal coil if they kept a few things in.

Angels and Demons is my "favorite" or maybe, "preferred" of the Robert Langdon books, but I probably won't be reading Lost Symbol anytime soon because all of my Masonic friends would probably disown me if I did.

LMNO

Oh, come on. 

It's horrible!  You'll love it!

I haven't even read your NaNoWriMo, but I guarantee it's better written in it's rough draft than that book was after it went through a major publishing house's editing staff.

Suu

My mom has it now. She already said she's not NEARLY as into it as she was the previous two.

If anything, at least the Da Vinci Code and Angels and Demons taught me shit about artwork I didn't know. Stuff about the dollar bill I learned in high school.

LMNO

Eh, there's still some art stuff, as well as architecture and city planning.

But, of course, you're not missing anything by not reading it.

Suu

But I already KNOW Washington DC is a mess to drive around...