News:

PD.com: promoting the nomadic, war-like and democratic lupine culture since 2002

Main Menu

Retired bishop admits hell is made up to control people

Started by Lies, December 07, 2009, 01:47:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

East Coast Hustle

I gotta admit that, as ambiguous and poorly phrased as it was at first, the line about "it's OK, if they're really christians they'll forgive me for it" seemed awfully tongue-in-cheek.

And I've never known Lys to be a bigot.

However, I'd hate to get in the way of a good interfight.

Carry on, gentlemen.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Rip City Hustle on December 07, 2009, 04:12:40 AM
I gotta admit that, as ambiguous and poorly phrased as it was at first, the line about "it's OK, if they're really christians they'll forgive me for it" seemed awfully tongue-in-cheek.

Carry on, gentlemen.

I'm just seeing how far his leg yanks out.  Fucking thing is made of silly putty, apparently.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

However, I'm still gonna hate him for the pills thing.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Lies

Apparently, admitting that it was a low blow, and apoligising for it, despite the fact it was in retaliation for a low blow that YOU started, is just not good enough for TGRR.

And I'm still going to hate Rog for completely mis-interpreting what I'm saying and calling me out on shit that just isn't true in the fucking SLIGHTEST.

No, this issue is clear and simple, Roger, you're a fucking asshole who NEEDS to be right, even when it's fucking clear that for once, you're in the wrong.

BTW, I'm willing to forgive and forget if he is, but somehow I doubt he has the ability or humility to do so.

Yes, we're monkeys flinging shit at each other, I can see that clearly, difference between me and roger is, I'm willing to try clean up the shit whereas he seems perfectly happy to continue flinging his shit and acting like a fucking primate.

Funny how often TGRR complains about so many people acting like fucking primates when it seems he can't seem to evolve past it himself.

Have fun living in your filth, monkey man messiah.

- So the New World Order does not actually exist?
- Oh it exists, and how!
Ask the slaves whose labour built the White House;
Ask the slaves of today tied down to sweatshops and brothels to escape hunger;
Ask most women, second class citizens, in a pervasive rape culture;
Ask the non-human creatures who inhabit the planet:
whales, bears, frogs, tuna, bees, slaughtered farm animals;
Ask the natives of the Americas and Australia on whose land
you live today, on whose graves your factories, farms and neighbourhoods stand;
ask any of them this, ask them if the New World Order is true;
they'll tell you plainly: the New World Order... is you!

Lies

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 07, 2009, 04:13:39 AM
Quote from: Rip City Hustle on December 07, 2009, 04:12:40 AM

Carry on, gentlemen.

I'm just seeing how far his leg yanks out.  Fucking thing is made of silly putty, apparently.

See, he admits it. He's TRYING to piss me off.

Congratulations, you've done it.

Hope it was worth it.
- Oh it exists, and how!

Kai

Oh, FFS people. Roger, Lys isn't a bigot. We both know it.

And Lys, John Shelby Spong is about as far from a "christfag" as a person can get. There are Unitarian Universalist ministers less liberal than he is. He also wrote a book called "Christianity Must Change or Die", which more or less calls for a revamping of the whole religion or getting rid of it all together. All around, a pretty cool okay guy, "for a christian".  :roll:
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Lies

Quote from: Kai on December 07, 2009, 04:51:37 AM
Oh, FFS people. Roger, Lys isn't a bigot. We both know it.

And Lys, John Shelby Spong is about as far from a "christfag" as a person can get. There are Unitarian Universalist ministers less liberal than he is. He also wrote a book called "Christianity Must Change or Die", which more or less calls for a revamping of the whole religion or getting rid of it all together. All around, a pretty cool okay guy, "for a christian".  :roll:

You're right Kai, it probably isn't the best way to refer to the Bishop, but the intention behind using it was in a endearing, ironic post-modern way.

Maybe if I had said a "Christ-spag", would that have been as "Bigoted" for you, TGRR?

Cus to me, it means the same thing.

I like Jesus, I like spags and I like gays (That aren't being fags)

I just don't tend to like most people who like Jesus, sometimes I hate you spags and most times a fag is not gay.
But I don't hate all people who like Jesus, I mostly like most of you spags and sometimes, you can be a gay fag.

- Oh it exists, and how!

Kai

Suggestion: Don't use fag in public, or around me. Regardless of what you may think of it, when you use it even casually I tend to move in the opposite direction you are going.

Just because a gay man is less likely to knock your jaw out for saying fag than a black man for saying nigger doesn't mean its particularly sophisticated, or nice. Or any of those other things that have to do with mutual respect for people, or at least unbiased hatred for everyone.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Lies

Quote from: Kai on December 07, 2009, 05:10:39 AM
Suggestion: Don't use fag in public, or around me. Regardless of what you may think of it, when you use it even casually I tend to move in the opposite direction you are going.

Just because a gay man is less likely to knock your jaw out for saying fag than a black man for saying nigger doesn't mean its particularly sophisticated, or nice. Or any of those other things that have to do with mutual respect for people, or at least unbiased hatred for everyone.
Yeah, I respect where you're coming from Kai.
I don't normally use the word fag very often at all, as you might have noticed.

My very-occasional use of it has never been meant to put down gay or queer people.

I just see it as taking the word back, just as African Americans took the word Nigga back.
I mean, it's not the word itself that's a bad thing, so much as it is the *Intention* behind it, right?

The intention I have when using that word is just a general put down for anyone behaving like a complete asshole, particularly those who are homophobic, it seems to *really* get to them.

But, out of respect for you, dispite how trivial I personally feel the word is, I won't use it again around here.
- Oh it exists, and how!

Lies

Irony: Starting a topic with the intention of showing support for groups you don't normally support in general and being called a bigot.
- Oh it exists, and how!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Lys, you trying to "take back" the word "fag" by using it as a pejorative for other groups makes as much sense as Asians trying to "take back" "nigger" by using it as a pejorative for other groups.

In other words, no sense at all. Unless you somehow secretly think of yourself as a fag, which I guess would make sense of why you spend so much time trying to convince yourself and everyone else that you have enormous heterosexual appetites.

You cannot "take back" a word for a group of people you are not a part of by using it to insult unrelated groups of people. You can misappropriate it, but you cannot reclaim it because it was never used against you in the first place.

And you can't say "I hate Christians" and then claim that you didn't say you hate Christians. Nor make derogatory statements to people about pills and then claim you didn't mock them for being on medications. It's way better to own up and say "Yeah, I said that, I guess that was a shitty thing to say, I'm sorry" or even "Yeah, I said that, I guess I have a prejudice against Christians" than to try to pretend you didn't say it or that you meant something else.

I, personally, have a definite prejudice against Christians and it's hard for me to not be suspicious of anyone who claims to be Christian. I have overcome that prejudice for a couple of people but just because I have a couple of Christian friends doesn't mean I no longer carry that prejudice.

You'd think I'd be prejudiced against white people but I fucking love white people. Especially Jews. Go figure.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Lies

Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on December 07, 2009, 06:13:07 AM
Lys, you trying to "take back" the word "fag" by using it as a pejorative for other groups makes as much sense as Asians trying to "take back" "nigger" by using it as a pejorative for other groups.
Sorry, I should have said, "Taking it back", with the quotation marks, I realise its a bit silly to take something back from something I wasn't the original target of.

In other words, no sense at all. Unless you somehow secretly think of yourself as a fag, which I guess would make sense of why you spend so much time trying to convince yourself and everyone else that you have enormous heterosexual appetites.
Well really, what I try to convince people of (if that's what I'm trying to do) is that I have an enormous sexual appetite that's in favor towards women.
I've had sex with guys and I'm not afraid to admit it nor do I worry about it defining me, and I don't like trying to label what my sexuality is.

You cannot "take back" a word for a group of people you are not a part of by using it to insult unrelated groups of people. You can misappropriate it, but you cannot reclaim it because it was never used against you in the first place.
Well, actually, it has been used against me but point remains.

And you can't say "I hate Christians" and then claim that you didn't say you hate Christians.
When I said it, it was tongue in cheek, but yes, there is *some* truth in it, but I don't hate christians for being christians, I hate christians because most of them are fucking retarded hypocritical assholes, and I think of them the same way as I think of any retarded hypocritical assholes.

Honestly, I believe when it comes down to it, on judging people on their individual merits, not just because they're a "christian" or a "muslim" or a "Politician" or whatever.
Stupid is stupid and no particular group doesn't have its stupidity.

Nor make derogatory statements to people about pills and then claim you didn't mock them for being on medications.

It's way better to own up and say "Yeah, I said that, I guess that was a shitty thing to say, I'm sorry" or even "Yeah, I said that, I guess I have a prejudice against Christians" than to try to pretend you didn't say it or that you meant something else.
Like I said, that was in retaliation to him flinging shit at me.

I did apologize about the pill thing, rogers the one who's not letting it go.
I stand by what I've said, Roger is being a complete asshole and he has no excuse for it now.
As I've said, I don't have prejudice against christians, I have predjudice against stupid people though.
A lot of those stupid people happen to be christian.

I have friends that consider themselves christian, and I have nothing against them as long as they don't bring up Jesus and shit.
I judge people by their individual merits, how they treat other people, how they treat me and if they can take a fucking joke.

I, personally, have a definite prejudice against Christians and it's hard for me to not be suspicious of anyone who claims to be Christian. I have overcome that prejudice for a couple of people but just because I have a couple of Christian friends doesn't mean I no longer carry that prejudice.

You'd think I'd be prejudiced against white people but I fucking love white people. Especially Jews. Go figure.
I am, on the other hand, prejudiced against white people.
Fucking Bleachers.

(That, in case you missed it, WAS a joke. TGRR.)

- Oh it exists, and how!

East Coast Hustle

I, on the other hand, mostly CAN NOT STAND white people.

I know, I know...I keep moving to the wrong parts of the country.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Lies

Quote from: Rip City Hustle on December 07, 2009, 06:35:43 AM

I, on the other hand, mostly CAN NOT STAND white people.

I know, I know...I keep moving to the wrong parts of the country.

You bigot  :argh!:
- Oh it exists, and how!

Remington

Moving away from Lys - TGRR drama, I thought the video was pretty fucking awesome. Spong "gets it", in a way that I'm still looking for.

/Goes off to look for other stuff by him
Is it plugged in?