PD.com: The culmination of the 'Ted Stevens Plan'

Main Menu

Wow. Oh, I... Wow. Um...

Started by LMNO, December 07, 2009, 01:45:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dysfunctional Cunt

Congratulations LMNO and Mrs. LMNO!!!

Quote from: LMNO on December 07, 2009, 03:06:57 PM
It's gonna be pretty damn obvious to all our friends when we see them and say, "oh, we're not drinking right now."

There's no good cover story for that when you consider the fact that our current social habits revolve around bars, nightclubs, and restaraunts.

You can always say you dropped acid before you left the house and don't want to mix your chemicals.......

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on December 07, 2009, 03:12:15 PM
"Sorry guys, we have to postpone de-liver-y for a Special Delivery." 

Or not. 

:crankey:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Khara on December 07, 2009, 03:22:27 PM

It's gonna be pretty damn obvious to all our friends when we see them and say, "oh, we're not drinking right now."

There's no good cover story for that when you consider the fact that our current social habits revolve around bars, nightclubs, and restaraunts.

You can always say you dropped acid before you left the house and don't want to mix your chemicals.......

Or they can just say "We're not drinking right now", drink ginger ale, and hang out with their friends.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

AFK

...and then hand them your registry from Babies R Us. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Sir Squid Diddimus

Cramulus

fawkwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad?!!!!!!!!

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 07, 2009, 03:26:28 PM

Or they can just say "We're not drinking right now", drink ginger ale, and hang out with their friends.

It was a joke. 

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Khara on December 07, 2009, 03:43:33 PM

It was a joke. 

Yeah, I figured.  I should have used an emote.  Sorry about that.

Lies

Like, Whoa
              \

Have fun with all that dude.
- So the New World Order does not actually exist?
- Oh it exists, and how!
Ask the slaves whose labour built the White House;
Ask the slaves of today tied down to sweatshops and brothels to escape hunger;
Ask most women, second class citizens, in a pervasive rape culture;
Ask the non-human creatures who inhabit the planet:
whales, bears, frogs, tuna, bees, slaughtered farm animals;
Ask the natives of the Americas and Australia on whose land
you live today, on whose graves your factories, farms and neighbourhoods stand;
ask any of them this, ask them if the New World Order is true;
they'll tell you plainly: the New World Order... is you!

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 07, 2009, 03:44:55 PM
Quote from: Khara on December 07, 2009, 03:43:33 PM

It was a joke. 

Yeah, I figured.  I should have used an emote.  Sorry about that.

We're good.   :wink:

As for the cover story LMNO......

The one thought I have had, is are your friends tolerable when you are sober LMNO?  I have some friends who require large amounts of alcohol to be able to sit at the same table with them for any length of time.  Well I use the word friend very loosely....   :lulz:

Seriously though, once everything starts cooking in there, Mrs LMNO will probably want to sleep more than go out.  Plus, when you have to pee every 5 minutes, a restaurant or bar is not the place to be.

Elder Iptuous

Quote from: LMNO on December 07, 2009, 01:58:54 PM
Quote from: Iptuous on December 07, 2009, 01:47:09 PM
usually the pee sticks are Boolean in nature....
:?

Haven't been to the Doctor's yet... I'm not above Eris trying to fuck with me and providing a false positive.

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on December 07, 2009, 01:49:54 PM
Did you try to outsmart the calendar too?  

No, we decided that instead of "trying to have" kids, we'd "stop trying not to" have them.  It came as some surprise that one of us wasn't sterile, considering our histories.

Quote from: Jenne on December 07, 2009, 01:53:25 PM
Congrats?

That seems to be the big question.  One of the odder things about this is the puzzled looks we gave each other when we found out; neither "Oh, shit!", nor "Yippee!"  We've been trying to figure out if we really want to go through with it... But I think we are gonna do it.

Ahhhhhahahaha!
After having decided to 'stop trying not to have a kiddo' twice, and impregnating the wife twice, I have concluded that this is the most sure-fire way of getting the job done!
The people in my life that have actively tried to get pregnant without a 'whatever' mindset have had to make deals with mad scientists...

So, congrats!
One more spagparent on the board coming up (if all goes well)

Also, what TGRR said about the worrying thing...  :eek:

LMNO

Quote from: Khara on December 07, 2009, 03:51:24 PM

The one thought I have had, is are your friends tolerable when you are sober LMNO?  I have some friends who require large amounts of alcohol to be able to sit at the same table with them for any length of time.  Well I use the word friend very loosely....   :lulz:

Seriously though, once everything starts cooking in there, Mrs LMNO will probably want to sleep more than go out.  Plus, when you have to pee every 5 minutes, a restaurant or bar is not the place to be.

That was more in line with the "don't tell anyone until the second trimester" thing.

It's not that our friends are intolerable while sober, it's that we have a well-established pattern of social drinking, and any change to that pattern will be immediately noticeable.

Doesn't really matter, though.  If something bad happens, that would show in our attitudes just as much as if we were expecting, so the news would get out somehow.

Once it's properly underway, there's no reason to keep it secret, so no worries after that point.

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: LMNO on December 07, 2009, 03:57:30 PM
Quote from: Khara on December 07, 2009, 03:51:24 PM

That was more in line with the "don't tell anyone until the second trimester" thing.

It's not that our friends are intolerable while sober, it's that we have a well-established pattern of social drinking, and any change to that pattern will be immediately noticeable.

Doesn't really matter, though.  If something bad happens, that would show in our attitudes just as much as if we were expecting, so the news would get out somehow.

Once it's properly underway, there's no reason to keep it secret, so no worries after that point.

I understand completely.  We never told anyone when I was pregnant other than the parents who were sworn to complete silence.  Then we took bets on who would guess first and what gave it away.  I would drink coke with a lime and no one knew it wasn't rum and coke.   :wink:

Suu

If it's not even the first month, what do you have to suspect pregnancy? Did the pee stick spit out a plus sign? Or is she running later than normal? As someone who's period even after 15 years of cycles and hormone therapy via BC pills STILL isn't a perfect 28 days (I often run more like 40  :x ) I wouldn't fret too much about that, especially if there had been changes recently in stress levels, travel, diet, etc.

Also, stressing over being pregnant will delay the cycle as well. Sometimes I have to go and spend money on a test just to get the negative, stop worrying, and then within hours or even minutes I'll start bleeding.

...But I have endometriosis and am starting to exhibit signs of early menopause so uh...I may or may not be the best advice.

Either way, don't stress (lol, right?), know that whatever goes down you got a board of very weird strangers on your side, and that I can probably design some really adorable Discordian baby clothes for you in 9 months. Especially since I'm crocheting again!

Good luck, LMNO Family!
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

LMNO

@ Suu: Signs that Mrs LMNO might be pregnant:

1) We stopped having her wear the kryptonite panties a few months ago, but did not cease certain nocturnal activities.

2) She is at least a week late, and has been tracking her cycle.

3) She peed upon the magical stick, which offered up a plus sign.

4) She "feels different."

On Friday, we see a doctor to do more tests to confirm.

Because items 1-4 do not absolutely confirm preganacy, that is why I mentioned the possibility of an "above average chance" in the OP.

Also, any fears I might have about the future mostly revolve around choosing exactly which horrific traumas to expose my child to.