News:

Living proof that any damn fool can make things more complex

Main Menu

Wow. Oh, I... Wow. Um...

Started by LMNO, December 07, 2009, 01:45:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cramulus

I just want you to know that if you start a "suggest names for my offspring" thread, we expect you to stick with the results.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cramulus on December 07, 2009, 07:10:25 PM
I just want you to know that if you start a "suggest names for my offspring" thread, we expect you to stick with the results.

I vote "BEARFORCE1".

Subsequent children should be numbered sequentially.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Sir Squid Diddimus

LMNO

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 07, 2009, 07:11:17 PM
Quote from: Cramulus on December 07, 2009, 07:10:25 PM

I vote "BEARFORCE1".

Subsequent children should be numbered sequentially.

Fread over, even before it was begun.

Triple Zero

PQRS would be a good one too :)

ANYWAY CONGRATS

Quote from: LMNO on December 07, 2009, 01:58:54 PM
That seems to be the big question.  One of the odder things about this is the puzzled looks we gave each other when we found out; neither "Oh, shit!", nor "Yippee!"  We've been trying to figure out if we really want to go through with it... But I think we are gonna do it.

QuoteAlso, I should point out that we're not even through the first month yet.  Right now, it's no more than a handful of cells-- I might be posting something a bit more meloncholy in the future.

... would a joke about stemcell research be inappropriate here?

QuoteIt's gonna be pretty damn obvious to all our friends when we see them and say, "oh, we're not drinking right now."

There's no good cover story for that when you consider the fact that our current social habits revolve around bars, nightclubs, and restaraunts.

get creative with excuses. slowly turn up the ridiculosity, until in about 3 months or so, you cannot keep a straight face anymore.

Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

-Kel-

LMNO

This morning, I came very close to convincing her that, if it was a boy, to call him Joshua Norton.

AFK

My boy's initials are going to be MSG.  No troll.  And my wife is okay with that. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Darth Cupcake

Quote from: Triple Zero on December 07, 2009, 10:04:07 PM
QuoteIt's gonna be pretty damn obvious to all our friends when we see them and say, "oh, we're not drinking right now."

There's no good cover story for that when you consider the fact that our current social habits revolve around bars, nightclubs, and restaraunts.

get creative with excuses. slowly turn up the ridiculosity, until in about 3 months or so, you cannot keep a straight face anymore.

I like that idea. Might as well have fun with it!
Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

Kai

Congradulations, Alphapants! Heres to a Betashirt? PQRS? Something like that.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

rong

congrats, LMNO. 

i, too, am expecting my first born.  found out about a month ago.  baby is due in july.

maybe we can form some sort of support group.

we used the same method:  let's quit trying NOT to have one and see what happens.
"a real smart feller, he felt smart"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Dysfunctional Cunt

Good god, from this thread we should all start trying to have a child to avoid having one.....

Seriously, y'all do know they make pills to stop all this reproduction stuff right?  

I mean these little humans sound all cute and sweet and cuddly in theory, and they aren't half bad until they learn to talk...

LMNO

Talking is fine.  It's the screaming that befuddles me.

LMNO
-Third Circuit for life!

rong

i'm so getting him/her one of these:
"a real smart feller, he felt smart"