News:

PD.com: our ability to recall your stupidity makes elephants look like Alzheimer's patients.

Main Menu

ITT - COMIC BOOK NERDS ONLY

Started by E.O.T., February 11, 2010, 07:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Requia ☣

cbz files *are* strangely named zip files.

Why would you use comical under wine? it was written for linux first.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Faust

Also the obvious suggestion that hasn't been made yet is The Invisibles. I think its gotten to the stage that it is assumed everyone here has read it.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Horrendous Foreign Love Stoat on February 13, 2010, 03:10:53 AM
2000AD. best comic ever IMO. It's never, ever, ever, sucked.

{Edit} also E.O.T, I take it you are aware of Comical.exe and the wonders of comic book torrents? Not implying your not, I'm just 'sayin in case you miss on a pile of awesome.  :mrgreen:

I think you can safely assume that the man is not only unaware of Comical.exe, but also has no idea what a torrent is or what you just said. :mrgreen: When I first showed him copy & paste, he literally said "No way! You are fucking shitting me!"

I think he might have time-traveled here from 1860.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

E.O.T.

Quote from: Calamity Nigel on February 13, 2010, 10:52:23 PM
Quote from: Horrendous Foreign Love Stoat on February 13, 2010, 03:10:53 AM
2000AD. best comic ever IMO. It's never, ever, ever, sucked.

{Edit} also E.O.T, I take it you are aware of Comical.exe and the wonders of comic book torrents? Not implying your not, I'm just 'sayin in case you miss on a pile of awesome.  :mrgreen:

I think you can safely assume that the man is not only unaware of Comical.exe, but also has no idea what a torrent is or what you just said. :mrgreen: When I first showed him copy & paste, he literally said "No way! You are fucking shitting me!"

I think he might have time-traveled here from 1860.

FUCK YOU

No, it's true. The idea of reading comics on tha web makes me sad. I'll do it though, if needs.

ALSO

Horrendous fucking love sloat(sp?) mentioned "the invisibles" on page 5. I really appreciate the input from everyone. I took a break from comics in the earlier part of this century and although I recognize most of the stuff you're all suggesting by NAME/ TITLE, I haven't gone there for whatever reason. Currently digging into "doktor sleepless" and "House of Mystery".

AND ALSO, FAUST-

On the topic of "swamp thing", I've read stuff by Nancy Collins in various places and it's a good gamble that she rocked out in her "swamp thing" gig - could be good stuff. There was a .25 cent sale at my local joint today, the kids & I were there and I came across some of her stuff, which reminded me.
"a good fight justifies any cause"

Faust

Quote from: E.O.T. on February 14, 2010, 02:41:03 AM

AND ALSO, FAUST-

On the topic of "swamp thing", I've read stuff by Nancy Collins in various places and it's a good gamble that she rocked out in her "swamp thing" gig - could be good stuff. There was a .25 cent sale at my local joint today, the kids & I were there and I came across some of her stuff, which reminded me.
I'll give it a look, I'm just reading the first issue of madame xanadu now and then off to sleep, will report back after I have read a few.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

E.O.T.

Quote from: Faust on February 14, 2010, 03:00:03 AM
Quote from: E.O.T. on February 14, 2010, 02:41:03 AM

AND ALSO, FAUST-

I'll give it a look, I'm just reading the first issue of madame xanadu now and then off to sleep, will report back after I have read a few.

WELL

As I've said, I really think Matt Wagner is La Bomba, but in this series Amy Reeder Hadley's art is so fucking great.

AND THAT SAID

Almost nothing is better than Matt doing the writing AND the art. Except with argument HERE, with Hadley. The following (5-6 issue) story arc with Madame Xanadu(1979-1980 "Doorway to Nightmare") creator Michael Kaluta actually brings a little limp to the throb/ rage that Amy throws down.

E.O.T.

Quote from: Horrendous Foreign Love Stoat on February 14, 2010, 04:24:24 AM
QuoteNo, it's true. The idea of reading comics on tha web makes me sad. I'll do it though, if needs.

The upsides are it saves a tonne of money, and lets you take a chance on stuff you may not have read otherwise, but the downsides are it takes a little getting used to, and some people just dislike reading from a screen (even tho they read the internets, and lodge their complaint there wtf?  :lulz:) and if I find any cool ones, I always make sure to go buy em. games, movies and music, never. good novels and comics, yes.

You save em to your computer for later use, and you can get them from torrent sites like piratebay or isohunt. look up "new comics" and there are weekly releases, and read them using a software.

DONT!

Make me face my cyber demons! OR, answer to things which outline my contradictory person!

MY KIDS

and I looked forward to the -online only- stories from "beasts of burden" -WHICH IS AN AWESOME READ IF YOU HAVEN'T - but, like I said. I'll go there. I just love the floppy format.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

E.O.T.

Quote from: Calamity Nigel on February 14, 2010, 04:42:12 AM
NO, EOT

YOU ARE THE DEMONS.

YOU

Cannot be here

BECAUSE

You are NOT a comic book nerd. I can't see you.

SEE

-I'm covering my eyes.

Doktor Howl

NO, EOT

YOU ARE THE DEMONS.

NO.  YOU ARE INCORRECT.

WALL OF VOODOO BE THE DEMONS.

Dok,
Mexican Raydeeoh.  Whoa.
Molon Lube

E.O.T.

Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 14, 2010, 04:52:09 AM
NO, EOT

YOU ARE THE DEMONS.

NO.  YOU ARE INCORRECT.

WALL OF VOODOO BE THE DEMONS.

Dok,
Mexican Raydeeoh.  Whoa.

AS

STAN SAYS

'NUFF

SAID

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

This thread has taken a turn for the completely degenerate.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Calamity Nigel on February 14, 2010, 05:07:38 AM
This thread has taken a turn for the completely degenerate.

There's probably a downside.
Molon Lube

Requia ☣

Wall of Voodoo is on the Mexican radio?

or

:?
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

E.O.T.

Quote from: Requia ☣ on February 14, 2010, 05:51:42 AM
Wall of Voodoo is on the Mexican radio?

or

:?

DUDE

It gets wyrder

WITH

CELTIC FROST on Mexican Radio