News:

Urgh, this is what I hate about PD.com, it is the only site in existence where a perfectly good spam thread can be misused for high quality discussions.  I hate you all.

Main Menu

ATTN, PIXIE: I know you're new to this Rain Goddess thingie, but...

Started by Doktor Howl, February 22, 2010, 04:00:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Storebrand

Quote from: Mistress Freeky on February 22, 2010, 10:08:44 PM
You could always try to drown DC. *hopeful*
:argh!:  No drowning!  These idiots don't know how to drive in any weathers.

Actually, we had rain and it was lovely.  It cleared the snow out of a couple parking spaces at my apartment complex.  Thank you, Rain Goddess!

Dysnomia

Quote from: Jenne on February 22, 2010, 07:55:45 PM
Quote from: Sparkley Pink Shit on February 22, 2010, 05:37:08 PM
it rained here in calispagland yesterday too.  However it's sunny today.   :D

LIES!  It rains STILL!  ( :D  Proving once again that North and South of CA are truly two different states conjoined at the hips.)

Yup, it's raining again up here too. 
It's all fun and games, till someone gets herpes.

http://cdn.smosh.com/smosh-pit/122010/mow-the-lawn.gif

Pope Pixie Pickle

I should stop wearing my SFC hat. 
But its awesome!

It rained on and off here all day.

Pics of hat will be uploaded to mah facebook and mebbe imma ask Payne nicely to post em here for me.

RAIN HAT FOR THE RAIN GODDESS!

:mrgreen:

Payne

-Kel-

Payne

Pope Pixie Pickle

Payne

QuoteAbout 65 homes in Stonehaven have been evacuated after a series of landslips in the Bervie Braes.

Aberdeenshire Council had advised householders to leave their homes as a "matter of urgency" following the slip in the early hours of Wednesday.

There are reports that at least one property at the landward end of the cliffs has been badly damaged after mud and trees crashed through its roof.

Residents seeking advice should contact a helpline on 0845 608 1206.

The local authority has urged people living in the affected area to seek alternative accommodation.

The council said it was ready to assist and has asked all residents to register at St Bridget's Hall.

Earlier this week, Aberdeenshire Council wrote to more than 60 residents warning them they may have to leave their homes amid concerns of a landslide.

The council has been monitoring slope movements at the spot for more than 15 years and some measures to improve drainage have been taken.

Soil nailing

However, the authority's chief executive Colin Mackenzie said: "We are very concerned about the risk of further slippages at the Bervie Braes and clearly we can't leave anything to chance.

"It is very important that residents register at the St Bridget's Hall, even if they have arranged alternative accommodation, so that we can ensure everybody is accounted for."

Director of transportation and infrastructure Iain Gabriel said: "We have engineers on site to closely monitor any developments as they happen and are linking in with our partner agencies.

"The recommendation to evacuate has not been taken lightly, but we strongly advise residents to head to find alternative accommodation while the risk of further slippages remains high."

The latest landslips come after a very wet October and recent heavy snow.

Finance Secretary John Swinney met local councillors last week when it was agreed that Transport Scotland engineers would assist the local authority in assessing the conditions at Bervie Braes and how best they can be stabilised.

Mr Swinney is considering a £5.7m request for funding to pay for the soil nailing of the upper and lower slopes.

Meanwhile, sandbags are being offered to residents in Stonehaven following reports of rising waters on the River Carron.

There are still residents out of their homes following serious flooding in the town centre in November.

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Payne

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Payne on February 25, 2010, 07:07:02 PM
Yes.

I win!

Yes, you do.  In the European race.

I have a hottie, too, and she beats me like a mule. :fap:
Molon Lube

Payne

Pope Pixie Pickle

Hey!

The landslides are your fault Payne.

And you know why. :crankey:

And is it the tongue poke pic?

I was not sure what I mailed to you.

Payne

Quote from: Rainy Day Pixie on February 25, 2010, 07:51:11 PM
Hey!

The landslides are your fault Payne.

And you know why. :crankey:

And is it the tongue poke pic?

I was not sure what I mailed to you.

It is.

Doktor Howl

I know those landslides aren't MY fault.

Dok,
Has never pooped in Scotland.
Molon Lube