News:

I liked how they introduced her, like "her mother died in an insane asylum thinking she was Queen Victoria" and my thought was, I like where I think this is going. I was not disappointed.

Main Menu

Blue Box en Wok

Started by Suu, April 19, 2010, 10:38:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

Richter and I are convinced you can cook everything you need with a broiler pan and a wok. Since that's STILL what I only have in my possession, I've come to be a living testament to this theory.

Therefore, I offer you classic Kraft Mac and Cheese via wok.

Boil yer water (no the wok isn't dirty. It's seasoned.):

Get your noodles in there:

Once cooked, prepare as normal:

Serve with some hot sauce and enjoy!

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Jasper

Cool!

Have any recipes given you any difficulty so far?

Suu

Actually no. I've found that boiling water is more efficient in the wok than a typical pot. It also works great for quick re-heating.

The Chinese know what's up, man.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Jasper

Interesting.  Yeah we've got one here, but I doubt the burner has enough BTUs to make it worthwhile.

LMNO

Challenege:  Pork Shoulder.  In a wok.

GO!

Suu

Quote from: LMNO on April 20, 2010, 03:13:50 PM
Challenege:  Pork Shoulder.  In a wok.

GO!

I may have to bake it a little bit to make sure it is cooked thoroughly, but I can definitely do it.

East Coast Hustle

I've done pork shoulder in my cast iron wok. I just cut it into smaller (but still large) pieces, cover the wok with a lid, and let it slowly render out the fat until the meat becomes essentially a pork confit.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Emerald City Hustle on April 20, 2010, 07:39:53 PM
I've done pork shoulder in my cast iron wok. I just cut it into smaller (but still large) pieces, cover the wok with a lid, and let it slowly render out the fat until the meat becomes essentially a pork confit.

:fap:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Jasper

SSHHHHIIIIIIITT

I am going to do that.

Suu

Mmmm.......

Sir Squid Diddimus

You know that mac n cheese made me a little sad, right?

Dang. Look at it. All fake orange and powdery and shit.

Jasper

I know what you're saying, and real cheese sauce is really good, but sometimes I get nostalgic for the fake stuff.

Suu

Quote from: Turdley Burgleson on April 22, 2010, 05:58:50 AM
You know that mac n cheese made me a little sad, right?

Dang. Look at it. All fake orange and powdery and shit.

I don't have a Pyrex to make the real thing. :(

Sir Squid Diddimus

Bah, you don't need a pyrex.
No need to measure...

Oh you mean a casserole dish.

Suu

Yeah, that thing. :(

For some reason I don't think I could bake in a wok. It won't fit in my oven anyway to try.