News:

Endorsement from MysticWicks: "The most fatuous, manipulative, and venomous people to be found here are all of the discordian genre."

Main Menu

UNLIMITED Arizona Hilarity thread

Started by Requia ☣, April 22, 2010, 04:44:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vene

More  :lulz:

QuoteThe Arizona Department of Education recently began telling school districts that teachers whose spoken English it deems to be heavily accented or ungrammatical must be removed from classes for students still learning English.
linky

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Oh my fucking god

There are whole TOWNS in AZ where the primary language is Spanish because IT'S BEEN SPANISH FOR CENTURIES. WTF WTF WTF.

How is this even legal?

Also, my kids' science teacher speaks with a heavy German accent... as does my friend R, a very respected biochemist. Should they be prohibited from teaching? That's just fucking stupid.

Richard Feynman had a heavy Boston accent, maybe he should have been banned from teaching.  :lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Requia ☣

Holy shit  :lulz:

Wait, whose going to teach the ESL classes if people that actually speak Spanish aren't allowed to talk to the kids that don't know a word of English?
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Bertroche said, when referring to illegal immigrants, that "We should catch 'em, we should document 'em, make sure we know where they are and where they are going. I actually support microchipping them. I can microchip my dog so I can find it. Why can't I microchip an illegal?"

Source

:mullet:
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Nast

Quote from: Ne+@uNGr0+ on May 02, 2010, 12:10:14 AM
Bertroche said, when referring to illegal immigrants, that "We should catch 'em, we should document 'em, make sure we know where they are and where they are going. I actually support microchipping them. I can microchip my dog so I can find it. Why can't I microchip an illegal?"

Source

It's okay because they're not people, they're illegals!
          \
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

Template

Quote from: Vene on May 01, 2010, 09:01:03 PM
More  :lulz:

QuoteThe Arizona Department of Education recently began telling school districts that teachers whose spoken English it deems to be heavily accented or ungrammatical must be removed from classes for students still learning English.
linky

And how good is the Department's English?  Can anyone ask the board to reassign themselves?

Iason Ouabache

You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Requia ☣

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Freeky

Brotep

My uncle got into a rant about this earlier today, which he followed up with "Barack Obama hates America"  :lulz:

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Requia ☣

Another night?  Just how many murders do you get in Tucson?

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Requia ☣ on May 12, 2010, 07:05:25 PM
Another night?  Just how many murders do you get in Tucson?

It's hard to get real data, because the city is quick to label unimportant ones as "death by misadventure".

But you have a 1 in 99 chance on any given night of being the victim of a violent crime.  That's skewed, of course, as your odds in the OV are about 1 in 10000 per night, etc.

Molon Lube

Requia ☣

Holy fuck?  I thought there were only a million people in metro Tucson.  How do you drive people that crazy?