News:

Bigotry is abound, apprently, within these boards.  There is a level of supposed tolerance I will have no part of.  Obviously, it seems to be well-embraced here.  I have finally found something more fucked up than what I'm used to.  Congrats. - Ruby

Main Menu

LET'S START A WAR!

Started by GIGGLES, April 26, 2010, 02:57:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GIGGLES

Cramulus

'Gay dog' refused entry to Adelaide restaurant
:lulz: :lulz: that is the funniest headline I've read all week.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Oh my fucking god.

The level of stupidity among the staff is mind-boggling. How is it even possible to be that stupid?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Verbal Mike

Hey, let's be fair. Everyone knows Australians speak funny. I'm sure when they say "guide dog" it sometimes really sounds like "gay dog". If someone told me they wanted to bring a "gay dog" into my restaurant I'd think it was some kind of weird prank.
(Of course there really are homosexual canines out there... But you don't ask especially to bring them in... And you don't generally bring canines of any kind of sexuality into a restaurant, right?)

Just goes to show you, if everyone spoke like Americans the world would be a better, friendlier place!
Unless stated otherwise, feel free to copy or reproduce any text I post anywhere and any way you like. I will never throw a hissy-fit over it, promise.

Requia ☣

I asked a Aussie friend of mine to say 'guide' for me, it didn't sound anything like 'gay'.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Kai

If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

bugmenоt

First thing to apologize to a blind person: Write a letter.

Triple Zero

Quote from: Requia ☣ on April 28, 2010, 06:59:35 AM
I asked a Aussie friend of mine to say 'guide' for me, it didn't sound anything like 'gay'.

Well it was a Thai restaurant. What I guess what happened is when the blind guy asked if it was okay to bring his guide dog, perhaps some Thai-accented server asked the non-accented homophobic boss if it was okay if this guest would bring in a "gay dog".
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Shibboleet The Annihilator

I don't blame this guy at all for prohibiting what may be a gay dog into the restaurant.

You let a gay dog in and the next thing you know it's sodomizing the shit out of everything.

Get it? Shit? Sodomy?

YEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAA-No?

Nast

Quote from: Vladimir Poopin on April 29, 2010, 02:10:12 AM
I don't blame this guy at all for prohibiting what may be a gay dog into the restaurant.

You let a gay dog in and the next thing you know it's sodomizing the shit out of everything.

Get it? Shit? Sodomy?

YEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAA-No?

Real sodomites douche beforehand.
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

dontblameyoko

Quote from: Weltbürger on April 28, 2010, 01:07:18 PM
First thing to apologize to a blind person: Write a letter.

in Braille.
BBBBP
PPBLL ~Ted Kennedy as a baby (http://beatonna.livejournal.com/116931.html)
"ty7h hg uh nmcx,m cv8t gygj jg" ~another baby

Requia ☣

Quote from: Triple Zero on April 28, 2010, 04:01:35 PM
Quote from: Requia ☣ on April 28, 2010, 06:59:35 AM

Well it was a Thai restaurant. What I guess what happened is when the blind guy asked if it was okay to bring his guide dog, perhaps some Thai-accented server asked the non-accented homophobic boss if it was okay if this guest would bring in a "gay dog".

I dunno that homophobia comes into it.  If I worked in a restaurant and someone asked to bring in a gay dog I'd go 'um... no dogs'. and be very confused as to why they thought it being gay was important.  But yeah, other accents + a game of Chinese whispers would explain it.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

If a blind guy asked me if he could bring in his gay dog I'd probably figure it out pretty fast. Just sayin'.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Jasper

Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on April 30, 2010, 01:21:35 AM
If a blind guy asked me if he could bring in his gay dog I'd probably figure it out pretty fast. Just sayin'.

I'd probably be too busy being amused to really give it any thought. :lol:

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote"The staff genuinely believed that Nudge was an ordinary pet dog which had been desexed to become a gay dog," the owners said in a statement to South Australia's Equal Opportunity Tribunal.

I really really need someone to explain this part to me.....

Are they saying if you spay or neuter your dog it makes it gay?

Because that might explain a lot about my cat but seriously, I have my tubes tied, am I gay now?  Because someone really should have fucking told me I was playing on the wrong team after my surgery.