News:

We can't help you...in fact, we're part of the problem.

Main Menu

I love the queers

Started by Vene, May 11, 2010, 05:39:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pope Pixie Pickle

Quote from: hølist on December 13, 2012, 07:47:06 PM
I checked in at my schools to see what the clubs are called; PCC has a Queer Alliance, and PSU has the Queer Resource Center and Q Club.

I think that it's probably pretty safe/inoffensive to simply use "Queer" or "Non-traditional" to refer to whatever falls outside of the dominant social norm.

I've met folks that find "Queer" upsetting because of being bullied by it as kids, me and my firends tend to use QUILTBAG I'm not sure that the U stands for.

Pope Pixie Pickle

Quote from: ho|ist on December 13, 2012, 11:11:41 PM
Yeah- im with you on that waffles.

Like im a dude who is primarily attracted to females. Bisexual works fine for me. I saw pixie using the terms heteroflexible and homoflexible which i dont even know what those mean. It made me laugh when i read it. It was in support of me so i was grateful for it but as far as i am concerned if you are sexually attracted to both males and females youre bi no further detail necessary.

I use heteroflexible as i mostly like dudes, but am open to relationships/sex with women. also it makes people laugh, and is kind of specific as to where I am on the sexuality spectrum. it's specifying where I am on the whole "how bi am I?"   Homoflexible is the other end of the spectrum. If i'd had more ladysexytiems I'd probably use bi.

EK WAFFLR

I like the hetero/homoflexible terms.
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

Pope Pixie Pickle

it also stops elitist QUILTBAG folks getting pissy with you for identifying as bi. Which has happened to me... (they are otherwise a nice person, so meh, who cares)

no gay/queer person (or straight person, even,) I've met seems to be bothered by the term.

Juana

There are other people who don't like the sociopolitical context of "queer".

Quote from: ho|ist on December 14, 2012, 05:02:12 AM
Actually, that's an interesting tangent.

If we're going to be adding new pronouns, how does that affect the terminology of sibling or parent-child relationships?

Note, I'm probably going to get stodgy at this point but if my child/sibling wants me to call them something, I'd like to be familiar with the word already.
Siblings?
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Quote from: Pixie on December 14, 2012, 04:27:04 PM
it also stops elitist QUILTBAG folks getting pissy with you for identifying as bi. Which has happened to me... (they are otherwise a nice person, so meh, who cares)

no gay/queer person (or straight person, even,) I've met seems to be bothered by the term.

Yeah. I've had many a condescending lesbian tell me that being bi means I'm confused or afraid of commitment or whatever other bullshit they can think of. I just nod and smile and walk away. Or tell them I'm not confused; I'm greedy, I want it all, baby.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Elder Iptuous

do they come across in the same way that douche-nozzle guys come across to gay women implying that they just haven't had the right magic penis to show them the error of their ways?

[i'm glad to know that the spelling corrector will show me the proper way to spell douchenozzle]

Quote from: Elder Iptuous on December 14, 2012, 07:53:13 PM
do they come across in the same way that douche-nozzle guys come across to gay women implying that they just haven't had the right magic penis to show them the error of their ways?

[i'm glad to know that the spelling corrector will show me the proper way to spell douchenozzle]

Only with more hair-flipping and lipstick colored sneers.

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Signora Pæsior

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on December 14, 2012, 07:42:34 PM

Yeah. I've had many a condescending lesbian tell me that being bi means I'm confused or afraid of commitment or whatever other bullshit they can think of. I just nod and smile and walk away. Or tell them I'm not confused; I'm greedy, I want it all, baby.

Adding to this, my pansexuality is not only me being greedy and confused and afraid of commitment (and going to cheat on Pæs), but it's also me being an attention-seeker by using stupid fancy words.

Basically, elitist assholes in the QUILTBAGPIPE community manage to be both hilarious and somehow more upsetting than people who are flat-out heterosexist.
Petrochemical Pheremone Buzzard of the Poisoned Water Hole

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Signora Paesior on December 14, 2012, 08:17:33 PM

Adding to this, my pansexuality is not only me being greedy and confused and afraid of commitment (and going to cheat on Pæs), but it's also me being an attention-seeker by using stupid fancy words.

Basically, elitist assholes in the QUILTBAGPIPE community manage to be both hilarious and somehow more upsetting than people who are flat-out heterosexist.

One really effective way I've found to deal with this is to tell people that who, what, or how I fuck is none of their business.

Of course, I've also been known to play it a little close to the chest. When I got pregnant the first time, my co-workers were curious about how. They apparently had spent the entire year and a half we worked together assuming that my spouse, Chris, was a woman. :lol:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Juana

Quote from: Elder Iptuous on December 14, 2012, 07:53:13 PM

Mmm, less "let me be that magic penis". More anger.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Quote from: hølist on December 14, 2012, 11:15:59 PM

One really effective way I've found to deal with this is to tell people that who, what, or how I fuck is none of their business.

Of course, I've also been known to play it a little close to the chest. When I got pregnant the first time, my co-workers were curious about how. They apparently had spent the entire year and a half we worked together assuming that my spouse, Chris, was a woman. :lol:

LOL! I'd have brought in a turkey baster and introduced it as the father.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on December 15, 2012, 05:49:37 AM
Quote from: hølist on December 14, 2012, 11:15:59 PM

LOL! I'd have brought in a turkey baster and introduced it as the father.

Extra points if a father does this.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Ben Shapiro

I'll stick to Non-Hetro Ally

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 14, 2012, 05:40:59 AM
Quote from: hølist on December 14, 2012, 05:29:19 AM
I approve of this course of action.  :lol:

Gotta keep the little shits on their toes. I achieve this by making them uncomfortable wherever possible.

I think I'm going to take a few pages out of the TGRR book of parenting.

Yeah, yeah, that's all well and good, but...

..while I'm at it, let me tell you about your old cis-man and the shenanigans he used to and still get up to and your ma begrudgingly put(s) up with. Also, here's a Pope Card and some plastic eggs and some oranges. Oh, hey, you're doing that, can I join in? I won't tell mom, I swear. Here's $500 (inflation). Have a good time with your genderfriend.

It should be noted also, that I am less traditional than Villager. We've already had the conversation about last names, and I figured that if they are male, they bear my last name, if they are female, they bear hers. We came to the compromise that if they are female, they are Twiddleton-Villager and if male, Villager-Twiddleton, not including first and middle names. I think.

We did agree that our first daughter would be named after my paternal grandmother.

No, Twid. Don't turn your children into more of those godawful white people with hyphenated last names.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"