News:

Not just a bunch of "Trotskyist, car-hating, Hugo Chavez idolising, newt-fancying hypocrites and bendy bus fetishists."

Main Menu

Tonights menu

Started by Adios, June 03, 2010, 09:08:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Squid Diddimus

Juana

A mini buffet thing of pickles, cheese, crackers, and olives. And then a diet-destroying dessert of brownies with ganache and vanilla ice cream.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

My girl-posse took me out and fed me. I ate more cheese than was necessarily a good idea.  :sad:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

Last night was grilled Rib Eye with cumin, and an arugala salad with radish. tomatoes and grilled scapes (green garlic).

It's CSA time again, which means I get farmstand veggies all week!

AFK

Mojito Lime Chicken. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Adios

Ribeye steak, twice baked potatoes, salad.

Triple Zero

Quote from: Sigmatic on June 13, 2010, 02:33:14 AM
That's odd.  Our oven's from around then too and it rules for pizza.

Try baking the pizza in cast iron.  It regulates heat pretty evenly, and your dough will never once stick to the pan.

Just be sure to pre heat the pan before you put the pizza in.

Alton Brown said to use a big slab of stone which you keep always in the oven.

I might try that.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: Triple Zero on June 15, 2010, 03:36:35 PM
Quote from: Sigmatic on June 13, 2010, 02:33:14 AM
That's odd.  Our oven's from around then too and it rules for pizza.

Try baking the pizza in cast iron.  It regulates heat pretty evenly, and your dough will never once stick to the pan.

Just be sure to pre heat the pan before you put the pizza in.

Alton Brown said to use a big slab of stone which you keep always in the oven.

I might try that.

I bought unfinished tile to use for baking.  I can keep them stacked when not in use and spread out however many I need when I do use them.  They work really well.  Saw them do that on an old "Baking with Julia" episode  :lulz:

Rumckle

Are they useful?
I've only seem them used for pizza.
It's not trolling, it's just satire.

LMNO

They re-radiate heat in an even manner.  It helps if your oven has "hot spots" or if it heats unevenly.

Rumckle

I see, makes sense.

Oh, also for dinner I had chicken schnitzel and chips (or "fries" if you prefer).
It's not trolling, it's just satire.

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: LMNO on June 15, 2010, 04:07:58 PM
They re-radiate heat in an even manner.  It helps if your oven has "hot spots" or if it heats unevenly.

This kind of because I don't know if my oven has hot spots, since I started using the tiles I use them all the time for baking.  While everything I bake may not turn out to taste the way I wanted it sure as hell is pretty  :wink:

Seriously though, I wouldn't bake without them. 

AFK

We received one of those pizza stones from the Pampered Chef as a wedding present.  I don't know what happened, but my wife tried using it.  The pizza stuck to the stone like glue.  It was promptly thrown out, with gusto! 

D/N/T Mrs. WHN 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Adios

Quote from: RWHN on June 15, 2010, 04:22:07 PM
We received one of those pizza stones from the Pampered Chef as a wedding present.  I don't know what happened, but my wife tried using it.  The pizza stuck to the stone like glue.  It was promptly thrown out, with gusto! 

D/N/T Mrs. WHN 

Pampered Chef stuff is usually pretty good.

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: Charley Brown on June 15, 2010, 04:24:09 PM
Quote from: RWHN on June 15, 2010, 04:22:07 PM

D/N/T Mrs. WHN 

Pampered Chef stuff is usually pretty good.

You should put a sprinkle of cornmeal on the stone to prevent sticking.  After a while it will "season" kind of like a cast iron pan and will be pretty much non-stick.