News:

Endorsement:  I know that all of you fucking discordians are just a bunch of haters who seem to do anything you can to distance yourself from fucking anarchists which is just fine and dandy sit in your house on your computer and type inane shite all day until your fingers fall off.

Main Menu

Why would anyone write this cookbook?

Started by LMNO, July 20, 2010, 08:46:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richter

I'd be disturbed, but in my weaker moment's I've taken chugs of terriaki sauce.

Your pot made me realize my kettle is black cramulus.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Jasper

Brings new meaning to "I really need to lay off the sauce."

President Television

Quote from: Khara on July 21, 2010, 02:24:33 PM
I have this cookbook.  I was so grossed out by what I have been eating over the years.   :eek:

And this is the true value of the cookbook.
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

AFK

Quote from: Cramulus on July 21, 2010, 02:56:13 PM
If they can tell me how to make TGI Friday's Jack Daniels sauce, this book is worth its weight in TGI Friday's Jack Daniels sauce.

I have to agree with this.  That shit is pretty good. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Jasper

I still hate that "Chef Food Dude" that they have on their menus.   He's like some kind of supreme being of douchiness.

Richter

Quote from: Sigmatic on July 21, 2010, 07:57:41 PM
I still hate that "Chef Food Dude" that they have on their menus.   He's like some kind of supreme being of douchiness.

Worse than the Microsoft search dog or Office Paper Clip?
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Jasper

I've actually come to see the paperclip as a talented troll, thus granting it a certain likability.  :lol:

Rev. St. Syn, KSC (Ret.)

Quote from: Mistress Freeky, HRN on July 20, 2010, 09:27:46 PMso they get this to pretend like they've gone out to their favorite restaurant.
Those places aren't restaurants, they're troughs.
Synaptyclypse Generator Publishing Sect, POEE International Resource Center

Freeky

Quote from: Doktor Prolapse on July 21, 2010, 11:44:38 PM
Quote from: Mistress Freeky, HRN on July 20, 2010, 09:27:46 PMso they get this to pretend like they've gone out to their favorite restaurant.
Those places aren't restaurants, they're troughs.

Not to them that like to eat there. I think theyre ok, but I cook better.

Sister_Gothique

Le gasp! But now who will they blame for child obesity??
I'm the new "God's Will"...Soon it'll be, "Oh, I can't be held accountable for THAT, Sister Gothique made me do it!"

Bruno

I absolutely love KFC chicken. But I am on a diet, and also to be done right it has to be cooked under pressure.

Captain D's makes the best sweet and sour sauce I've ever had.
Formerly something else...

AFK

Quote from: Jerry_Frankster on July 27, 2010, 10:02:57 AM
I absolutely love KFC chicken. But I am on a diet, and also to be done right it has to be cooked under pressure.

Captain D's makes the best sweet and sour sauce I've ever had.

Also quiet desperation and crushing depression.  Food tastes better when it is cooked with pain. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

LMNO

Which is why I normally cook while wearing a hairshirt.

leln

It's a bit late in the thread to be mentioning this, but as far as I can tell the only possible reason to make this cookbook would be using it to produce your own tastier and far healthier versions of the recipes. I do that with a recipe I found online for Panera Bread's black bean soup. My version has more nutrients and a fraction of the salt, and I like it enough that I haven't bothered to taste the original. If a restaurant cookbook gave me ideas for healthy alternatives while preserving the flavors I enjoy I'd probably buy it and never willingly eat fast food. Though I know many people would follow the instructions rather than think "gee, fifty tablespoons of salt and three cups of unidentified grease? Maybe I should cut those down a bit."
[initially a "Rabid Wombat of the Eastern Intertubes." Now the] Glorious Peoples' Revolutionary Wombat of Wrath and Righteous Retribution.

"If you speak out of turn again, I will unscrew your neckpipe and use the resulting hole for my lavatory.  And I have one fuck of a case of the squirts today."

Freeky

Quote from: leln on July 28, 2010, 12:11:28 AM
It's a bit late in the thread to be mentioning this, but as far as I can tell the only possible reason to make this cookbook would be using it to produce your own tastier and far healthier versions of the recipes. I do that with a recipe I found online for Panera Bread's black bean soup. My version has more nutrients and a fraction of the salt, and I like it enough that I haven't bothered to taste the original. If a restaurant cookbook gave me ideas for healthy alternatives while preserving the flavors I enjoy I'd probably buy it and never willingly eat fast food. Though I know many people would follow the instructions rather than think "gee, fifty tablespoons of salt and three cups of unidentified grease? Maybe I should cut those down a bit."
:lulz: Aint it the truth.