"We don't make the apocalypse, we make the apocalypse better."

Main Menu

Why would anyone write this cookbook?

Started by LMNO, July 20, 2010, 08:46:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leln

Quote from: Mistress Freeky, HRN on July 28, 2010, 12:13:03 AM
Quote from: leln on July 28, 2010, 12:11:28 AM
It's a bit late in the thread to be mentioning this, but as far as I can tell the only possible reason to make this cookbook would be using it to produce your own tastier and far healthier versions of the recipes. I do that with a recipe I found online for Panera Bread's black bean soup. My version has more nutrients and a fraction of the salt, and I like it enough that I haven't bothered to taste the original. If a restaurant cookbook gave me ideas for healthy alternatives while preserving the flavors I enjoy I'd probably buy it and never willingly eat fast food. Though I know many people would follow the instructions rather than think "gee, fifty tablespoons of salt and three cups of unidentified grease? Maybe I should cut those down a bit."
:lulz: Aint it the truth.

God bless the right to self-imposed ignorance and obesity.
[initially a "Rabid Wombat of the Eastern Intertubes." Now the] Glorious Peoples' Revolutionary Wombat of Wrath and Righteous Retribution.

"If you speak out of turn again, I will unscrew your neckpipe and use the resulting hole for my lavatory.  And I have one fuck of a case of the squirts today."

Freeky

Quote from: leln on July 28, 2010, 01:15:08 AM
It's a bit late in the thread to be mentioning this, but as far as I can tell the only possible reason to make this cookbook would be using it to produce your own tastier and far healthier versions of the recipes. I do that with a recipe I found online for Panera Bread's black bean soup. My version has more nutrients and a fraction of the salt, and I like it enough that I haven't bothered to taste the original. If a restaurant cookbook gave me ideas for healthy alternatives while preserving the flavors I enjoy I'd probably buy it and never willingly eat fast food. Though I know many people would follow the instructions rather than think "gee, fifty tablespoons of salt and three cups of unidentified grease? Maybe I should cut those down a bit."

God bless the right to self-imposed ignorance and obesity.

AMEN HALLELUJAH

Rumckle

Only 3 cups?
Must be a low fat option.
It's not trolling, it's just satire.

Nurse Enabler

Quote from: Doktor Alphapance on July 20, 2010, 08:46:49 PM
I just got a PDF from my aunt... It claims to show you how to make "brand name" dishes at home.

What do I mean by "brand name"?
It shows you how to make food as prepared by:

Applebees
Benihana
Bennagins
Burger King
California Pizza Kitchen
Cheesecake Factory
Chi Chis
Chilis
Dennys
Dominos
Jack-In-The-Box
KFC
Long John Silvers
McDonalds
Olive Garden
Outback
PF Changs
Pizza Hut
Pizzaria Uno
Popeyes
Red Lobster
Sbarro
Shoneys
Sizzler
TGI Fridays
Taco Bell
Wendys
White Castle

Just to name a few.  This is a joke, right?
This list is making me hungry. Anyone got cheese cake?
Tell me you love me.  Don't make me get the box cutters.

bds

I've never heard of most of those. This country is so backwards!