News:

Your innocence proves nothing.

Main Menu

The Cramulus Debacle

Started by Adios, July 29, 2010, 09:43:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adios

Cram thank you for graciously accepting my apology for the way I treated you in the Secrets thread.

You brought up several very good points during our conversation.

We are too quick to gauge posts by post count. We are too quick to dog pile. We place too much value on poster reputation and not enough on content.

Again I am very sorry for treating you the way I did and as I said in the future I will try not to be so quick to snap at anyone.

Zyzyx

And Dok Howl and everyone else who might have been offended, I newbed and posted what was a response to Phineas and decidedly NOT Cramulus. Starkest apologies!  :oops:

Adios

Quote from: Zyzyx on July 29, 2010, 09:44:54 PM
And Dok Howl and everyone else who might have been offended, I newbed and posted what was a response to Phineas and decidedly NOT Cramulus. Starkest apologies!  :oops:

They are one in the same.

Zyzyx

Well, that's embarrassing. I assumed that someone with a low post count is, you know, new, new like me. But I guess I'm in the dickhead corner now.

Adios

Quote from: Zyzyx on July 29, 2010, 09:54:04 PM
Well, that's embarrassing. I assumed that someone with a low post count is, you know, new, new like me. But I guess I'm in the dickhead corner now.

Read my full OP. We are all far too guilty of that very thing.

Zyzyx

Quote from: Doktor Charley Brown on July 29, 2010, 09:54:48 PM

Yes, just reread it. What makes it worse is I'm /actually/ new. Embarrassing.

Adios

Quote from: Zyzyx on July 29, 2010, 09:57:44 PM

It shouldn't matter if you are new is the point I am trying to make. Post count should not affect the way we judge a post.

Zyzyx

Quote from: Doktor Charley Brown on July 29, 2010, 09:59:45 PM
Quote from: Zyzyx on July 29, 2010, 09:57:44 PM

It shouldn't matter if you are new is the point I am trying to make. Post count should not affect the way we judge a post.
Maybe all the lurking was a bad thing then, as I passively slurped that mode of judgment in without thinking about it. Does not knowing this alt was Cramulus make it worse? I have a feeling it does.

I really, really don't want to be an idiot. That's my life goal, to not be an idiot, knowing until then I must compensate for the dumb things I say and do. This is one of those dumb things.

Pæs

Fuck that. Cram's posts were only any good because he was a pretend noob. Rather than going and doing something radical like giving everyone a fair chance, let's settle down and think this through!
Maybe we can do a quick history check on noobs we want to react negatively to and ensure that:

A) The rest of the tribe haven't already grown fond of the noob, in which case your lashing out at them may jeopardise your own status.

AND

B) That the noob hasn't outed themselves or been outed as the alt of someone with something interesting to say.

Otherwise the rule stands true.
Real noobs have nothing of value to add until they've been properly tested.

Sir Fronkensteen, The Hawk

Quote from: Ferka Zarco on July 29, 2010, 10:10:35 PM
Fuck that. Cram's posts were only any good because he was a pretend noob. Rather than going and doing something radical like giving everyone a fair chance, let's settle down and think this through!
Maybe we can do a quick history check on noobs we want to react negatively to and ensure that:

A) The rest of the tribe haven't already grown fond of the noob, in which case your lashing out at them may jeopardise your own status.

AND

B) That the noob hasn't outed themselves or been outed as the alt of someone with something interesting to say.

This part scares me a little.

ETA:

Yep, just peed myself a bit.

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Zyzyx

Quote from: Ferka Zarco on July 29, 2010, 10:10:35 PM

AND

Zyxyx, real noob.

Look, I've been mostly lurking or making brief comments on things this past month or so because I know I don't have much to say yet. Having assumed Phineas was also new, I suggested he do what I was doing. Never would have done so if I knew he was a long-term member of this board, especially one whose posts I particularly enjoy reading.

Pæs