News:

PD.com: We occur at random among your children.

Main Menu

The "WTC Mosque" hysteria, in a nutshell

Started by Cain, August 17, 2010, 02:13:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the last yatto

Can one even run for election while behind bars, or you talking about a different kinda rep.
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

BabylonHoruv

Quote from: Cain on August 20, 2010, 10:35:51 PM
I-RON-EEEEEEEEEE ALERT:

One of the tards on TCC just stated that religious freedom should be subordinate to national security objectives...and he has a Benjamin Franklin quote in his sig.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It didn't look to me like Blue said that.  But then I tend to read things much more charitably than you do.  (mind you, I still think Blue is an asshat, mostly based on his view of women and some of his other threads)
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

BabylonHoruv

Quote from: curiosity on August 21, 2010, 03:20:27 AM
Quote from: Ratatosk on August 21, 2010, 12:13:00 AM
Quote from: Thurnez Isa on August 20, 2010, 10:46:28 PM
well it's good that pagans never talk about religious persecution, cause that would make him a hypocrite

NEVER AGAIN TEH BURNING TIEMS!!!!

Unless we're burning muslims... thats ok.

The best part of the Burning Times thing is trying to get people to agree on how many people were killed. I've heard everything from two people to twenty million.

Depends greatly on how you count.

-Dok Howl

Thurnez Isa

Everytime a book comes out the number changes. I think the largest number is 100 000. But the known records are around 12 000. Also the Witch craze didn't happen till the 1500's. The inquisition started earlier, but witchcraft was not considered a crime or even real. Also they were more interested if Christians believed the power of the Papacy and not the if they liked to cast magic spells in their chicken bone hut. The early date comes from the legend of Madonna Oriente http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madonna_Oriente which may have not even happened. It wasn't till the 1480's that the church got involved in the business of magic and even then they didn't take it serious. Superstitious villagers did and to be honest a lot of it had to do with a conservative backlash against woman becoming more powerful and independent during the middle ages, especially after the black death due to a labor shortage. That and people felt with the influx of new ideas and a powerful Muslim state on their borders that the Christian Empire was collapsing. Also don't underestimate the power of the fall of the Holy Roman Empire in Germany. It's no coincidence that the majority of trials took place in German states.
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

Jenne

It's the age old question of the religion vs. the practitioner, TI, but I'd posit that "TEH CHURCH" that is behind Christianity has committed PLENTY of atrocities through time.

Thurnez Isa

I don't think religion had pretty much anything to do with it, just as I don't think religion has very little to do with islamophobia today.
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.

Dante

Jenne

Well, the "religion" vs. those who were/are in power through religion and its followers.  The actual religion as set IN a book (that has dubious historical continuity in and of itself, something Islam can ACTUALLY lay claim to) is subject to so much interpretation that it's rarely separated from its zealots.

Though I'd say there's plenty of misogyny and bigotry in the Bible to justify it as being an instigator.

Jenne

...and actually, I agree that the RELIGION of Islam is not to blame for peoples' bigotry towards Muslims, who are as much as a monolith as Christians.

Thurnez Isa

Most of this originated on FoxNews in which anything anti-government is good, and the altasshrugs blog, a blog which makes Glenn Beck seem like a moderate.
Then it's just fear of the unknown. You can replace Islam with something nonreligious and not well understood by most Americans and have the same well orchestrated campaign of fear and you will get the same response.

Dante

Jenne

Totally.  And this is NOT the first time this has happened in the US, let alone NYC.

Requia ☣

Quote from: Thurnez Isa on August 22, 2010, 07:48:15 PM
Most of this originated on FoxNews in which anything anti-government is good,

Unless its the government stepping on brown people or people that aren't Christian of course.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Triple Zero

Quote from: Kingderp on August 19, 2010, 11:59:01 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 19, 2010, 09:40:04 PM
Quote from: Risus on August 19, 2010, 09:27:45 PM
Quote from: Risus on August 19, 2010, 09:23:19 PM
For the record, I've never heard of anything good or intelligent come out of a mass book burning. The way I see it, banning a book burning is the equivalent of hating bigots on principle, until someone provides insight otherwise.

That being said, if I were in the position to ban a book burning, I probably would not. I would do whatever I could in my power to fuck with such people.

This is the correct motorcycle.

Either that, or sell them Korans at 300% markup.  That's what "Bob" would do.

Fuck thats a good idea.

Where are these Koran burnings taking place?

Of course, they should burn only the expensive bound, illustrated full-colour glossy version. After all, if they don't they might as well burn a stack of photocopies printed off the Internets, and where's the message in that, eh?
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

BabylonHoruv

Quote from: Thurnez Isa on August 22, 2010, 07:48:15 PM
Most of this originated on FoxNews in which anything anti-government is good, and the altasshrugs blog, a blog which makes Glenn Beck seem like a moderate.
Then it's just fear of the unknown. You can replace Islam with something nonreligious and not well understood by most Americans and have the same well orchestrated campaign of fear and you will get the same response.

Yeah, not long ago it was Communism.

-Dok Howl

Prince Glittersnatch III

Quote from: Triple Zero on August 22, 2010, 10:43:16 PM
Quote from: Kingderp on August 19, 2010, 11:59:01 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 19, 2010, 09:40:04 PM
Quote from: Risus on August 19, 2010, 09:27:45 PM
Quote from: Risus on August 19, 2010, 09:23:19 PM
For the record, I've never heard of anything good or intelligent come out of a mass book burning. The way I see it, banning a book burning is the equivalent of hating bigots on principle, until someone provides insight otherwise.

That being said, if I were in the position to ban a book burning, I probably would not. I would do whatever I could in my power to fuck with such people.

This is the correct motorcycle.

Either that, or sell them Korans at 300% markup.  That's what "Bob" would do.

Fuck thats a good idea.

Where are these Koran burnings taking place?

Of course, they should burn only the expensive bound, illustrated full-colour glossy version. After all, if they don't they might as well burn a stack of photocopies printed off the Internets, and where's the message in that, eh?

I wonder if I could charge more for "extra-flammable" and "Slow burning" varieties. Perhaps you could soak them in some sort of incense and then call them scented Korans(of course charging extra for this as well). After all, what would you rather smell while your Koran burns? Nasty black paper smoke, or soothing Vanilla.

Another Idea would be to dip into both markets. Sell Korans to the protesters and Copies of the first amendment to counter-protesters.   
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Quote from: Aleister Growly on September 04, 2010, 04:08:37 AM
Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

Quote from: GIGGLES on June 16, 2011, 10:24:05 PM
AORTAL SEX MADES MY DICK HARD AS FUCK!