News:

It's funny how the position for boot-licking is so close to the one used for curb-stomping.

Main Menu

PD Wine Review

Started by Adios, August 27, 2010, 11:03:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adios

Last night we went to a new label party hosted by Oz Winery in Wamego, Ks.

I will write about a delicious white called Emerald City tomorrow.

Suu

We have a couple local vineyards in Rhode Island. Newport Vineyards and Sakonnet. Both are REALLY good.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Adios

I love/hate such a good winery so close. Last shopping trip was $400.

Suu

I'm not a huge wine drinker, but the other night I had a sweet white from Sakonnet that was delicious! It was clean and crisp, no cheesy aftertaste and DIDN'T GIVE ME A HEADACHE. That alone was worth it.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Adios

Emerald City Lights is a white table wine with mild earthy tones.  There is a slight taste like flowers. Possibly a Lavender. It is nice and crisp but far from dry. It goes very well with pork and leaves no after taste except for a gentle lingering of almost sweetness.

It would go well with an Italian bread and a sharp cheddar cheese.

In other words, it was fucking delicious.

Nast

Charles Shaw

Two dollars a bottle at Trader Joe's

Sometimes I use it for cooking

Sometimes
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

Nephew Twiddleton

Charles Shaw

Three dollars a bottle at Trader Joe's (Hey it's Boston)

I'm drinking it right now.

Right now.
[/quote]
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Adios

I cook with wine, sometimes I even add it to the food.
W. C. Fields

Jasper

I'm glad to see this thread.  I used to talk about wines more, but I'd fallen out of the habit lately.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Sigmatic on August 28, 2010, 06:47:12 AM
I'm glad to see this thread.  I used to talk about wines more, but I'd fallen out of the habit lately.

I used to work in a liquor store and knew my wines. Then I started specializing in beer. And there is a lot of good beer, but I miss being the guy who could tell you all about wine. This thread is really welcome.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Suu

Two Buck Chuck is DECENT wine!

Adios

We have a wine here called Bitch, it's a decent Zin.

Adios

Tonight I will be reviewing Witch in a Ditch.

I love these labels.

Adios

Since the hag my wife worked with we decided to drink Ding Dong the Witch is Red.

Nice table wine, slightly dry and fruity. Lingering finish that works well with wine crackers. Very well filtered wine, with no bottom residue at all.

This would go very well with any sweeter beef dish.

Nurse Enabler

Quote from: Doktor Blight on August 28, 2010, 06:48:33 AM
Quote from: Sigmatic on August 28, 2010, 06:47:12 AM

I used to work in a liquor store and knew my wines. Then I started specializing in beer. And there is a lot of good beer, but I miss being the guy who could tell you all about wine. This thread is really welcome.

Which beer is best to cook brots in.
Tell me you love me.  Don't make me get the box cutters.