News:

Mr Rogers is above all that nonsense.

Main Menu

Cack Handed

Started by BadBeast, September 20, 2010, 06:16:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BadBeast

Just out of interest, how many of us are left handed?
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

Payne

Supposed to be none of us. We kill the weak and genetically flawed ones as they register (unless that system is b0rked).

FOR A STRONGER PD THAT WILL LAST FOR ONE THOUSAND YEARS.

ONE SERVER! ONE FORUM! ONE ADMIN!

Ahem.

I dunno, not me anyway.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: BadBeast on September 20, 2010, 06:16:18 PM
Just out of interest, how many of us are left handed?

You.

In the old days, we'd have burned you as a witch.

We still might.
Molon Lube

AFK

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Jasper

I am naturally a right hander, but a pet project of mine since I was a kid has been to work on becoming ambidextrous.

Some success.  Writing still sucks, but a lot of things I can manage with either hand.

BadBeast

Come and see the violence inherent in the system! (Help, help, I'm being oppressed!)
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"

BadBeast

I was born left handed, but I play guitar right handed, play golf right handed, if I throw a stone, it's with my right hand, but if I'm playing darts, I throw the dart left handed.

AFK

I throw my voice left handed.

Top THAT bucko!
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Jasper

I'm kinda that way too.  For example, it feels unnatural to use a fork with my right hand.

BadBeast

Quote from: Sigmatic on September 20, 2010, 06:28:16 PM
I am naturally a right hander, but a pet project of mine since I was a kid has been to work on becoming ambidextrous.

Some success.  Writing still sucks, but a lot of things I can manage with either hand.
That's what I think happens to many left handed people (myself included) only the incentive to be right handed is greater in left handed people. When I'm cutting bread, I quite often make a mess of the loaf. My Stepfather sneered a bit when I blamed it on his right handed breadknife. But after I showed him how the bevel on his knife was designed for a right hand cut, he accepted me it.

Babes in Tongland

Quote from: Sigmatic on September 20, 2010, 06:33:44 PM
I'm kinda that way too.  For example, it feels unnatural to use a fork with my right hand.

When I'm eating something which requires the simultaneous use of both a fork and a knife, I can't ever decide whether the fork feels most comfortable in the right hand and the knife in the left, so I keep swapping them out and look like I've forgotten how to work cutlery altogether.

:/
Go on. Look at me. Look at my eyes. I'll kill you. Sometimes I stand in front of the mirror and my eyes get bigger and bigger. And I'm like a tiger. I like tigers. Rrrrah!

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Occasionally I intentionally use my cack hand to do all sorts of mundane tasks I usually use my proper hand for.

During especially boring lectures I try to force it to take legible notes and to make childlike drawings.

Lol, cack hand.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on September 20, 2010, 06:31:43 PM
I throw my voice left handed.

Top THAT bucko!

YOU THROW YOUR VOICE LIKE A GIRL!

:whack:
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

BadBeast

Quote from: Ne+@uNGr0+ on September 20, 2010, 06:37:51 PM
Occasionally I intentionally use my cack hand to do all sorts of mundane tasks I usually use my proper hand for.

During especially boring lectures I try to force it to take legible notes and to make childlike drawings.

Lol, cack hand.
My Grandfather was also left handed, and when he was at school, they tied his left hand behind him, so he had to learn to write with his right hand. Which he learned to do. However, he used to draw beautifully with his left hand, but couldn't draw for shit with his right.
God only knows what other psychological abberations (he had a few, too) can be traced back to this early training.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: BadBeast on September 20, 2010, 06:42:45 PM
Quote from: Ne+@uNGr0+ on September 20, 2010, 06:37:51 PM

Lol, cack hand.
My Grandfather was also left handed, and when he was at school, they tied his left hand behind him, so he had to learn to write with his right hand. Which he learned to do. However, he used to draw beautifully with his left hand, but couldn't draw for shit with his right.
God only knows what other psychological abberations (he had a few, too) can be traced back to this early training.

That can cause speech impediments, among other things.
Molon Lube