News:

PD.com: children are filled with joy, adults are filled with dread and local government is filled with stupid

Main Menu

the long road to nowhere is only an on-ramp to the masturbation superhighway

Started by tyrannosaurus vex, November 08, 2010, 11:53:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: postvex™ on November 10, 2010, 10:03:48 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 10, 2010, 10:02:36 PM
Quote from: postvex™ on November 10, 2010, 09:53:11 PM
the original OP was a terrible attempt at stream-of-consciousness metaphorical blubbering. it was deleted rightfully, although it wasn't intended as the insult some people decided to take it as. but that's them, i can't help how they feel. i can only help how i feel, and today i choose to feel better. not necessarily more participant than spectator, but whatever.

I still choose to hate you for it.

Whatever.

sorry dude my parade has an umbrella.

Sorry, dude, you're a sociopath.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

"Yesterday, I chose to be a complete asshole, and be as hurtful as possible, including telling everyone that they aren't real to me, and telling them that their writing is garbage.  Today I choose to be in a good mood.  Situation over."

Fuck you, too.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Cain

I just want to read it because I know the ins and outs of about 95% of the drama on PD, but I've missed this.  It makes me a sad panda, and means I wont be able to lord things like horab's meltdown over the noobs any longer.

Jasper

I feel that I should add that I get the "disconnect" feeling sometimes, too.   I just try to get over it because I think everyone gets that to some extent.  Nobody "belongs" to any peer group 100%, all the time.  There will always be disconnects.  It's helpful to me to make an extra effort to have some empathy at times like those.

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 10, 2010, 10:07:29 PM
the original OP was a terrible attempt at stream-of-consciousness metaphorical blubbering. it was deleted rightfully, although it wasn't intended as the insult some people decided to take it as. but that's them, i can't help how they feel. i can only help how i feel, and today i choose to feel better. not necessarily more participant than spectator, but whatever.

Whatever.

You, as a single anonymous point of frustration on the Internet, regardless of who or what you may be to the people in your life online or off, have no standing to start calling names and pretending to be better than anybody, aside from the Subgenius in you, who, by my admittedly flawed calculation, is about $30 too dumb to have a valid opinion. I may not be your type, but since I'm not leaning in for a kiss, it should make no nevermind to you anyway. I'm not here to make you feel warm and fuzzy any more than you are here to make me feel warm and fuzzy. I'm sorry if I set off your IBS or something, but that's between you and the toilet at this point.

In classic TGRR form you have taken a willful misunderstanding and transformed it into some kind of personal assault on you and/or whatever set of standards and morals you subscribe to today. I can't control that, and turning you into a kind and understanding person would rob you of the most endearing parts of your personality, so I'd hate to try.

I guess what I'm saying, Roger, is that I love you and I hope you find whatever it is you're looking for.

Just don't dig any trenches on my lawn, it fucks up the feng shui.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: postvex™ on November 10, 2010, 10:22:21 PM

Whatever.

You, as a single anonymous point of frustration on the Internet, regardless of who or what you may be to the people in your life online or off, have no standing to start calling names and pretending to be better than anybody, aside from the Subgenius in you, who, by my admittedly flawed calculation, is about $30 too dumb to have a valid opinion. I may not be your type, but since I'm not leaning in for a kiss, it should make no nevermind to you anyway. I'm not here to make you feel warm and fuzzy any more than you are here to make me feel warm and fuzzy. I'm sorry if I set off your IBS or something, but that's between you and the toilet at this point.

In classic TGRR form you have taken a willful misunderstanding and transformed it into some kind of personal assault on you and/or whatever set of standards and morals you subscribe to today. I can't control that, and turning you into a kind and understanding person would rob you of the most endearing parts of your personality, so I'd hate to try.

I guess what I'm saying, Roger, is that I love you and I hope you find whatever it is you're looking for.

Vex:  "YOU'RE ALL FUCKED UP LOSERS AND YOUR WRITING SUCKS."

Others:  "WTF?"

Vex:  "I CAN'T CONTROL HOW YOU FEEL, I CAN ONLY CONTROL HOW I FEEL AND I HAVE DECIDED TO FEEL GOOD NOW.  WHAT'S YOUR PROBLEM?"

169% fucking SOCIOPATH.

Whatever

I don't believe that.  Your original post was nothing but douche filled whiney assed bullshit.  You got called on it and now your trying to be all "Oh I didn't mean it that way, why is everyone picking on me!"  If you had no problem with what you said or how people took it you wouldn't have deleted it.  A complete chicken shit thing to do. WHAT THE FUCK?

Quote from: Subetai on November 10, 2010, 10:10:52 PM
I just want to read it because I know the ins and outs of about 95% of the drama on PD, but I've missed this.  It makes me a sad panda, and means I wont be able to lord things like horab's meltdown over the noobs any longer.

I wouldn't sweat it, this was nothing more than a "poor pitiful me, no one pays enough attention to me so I feel left out and there really nothing good being written or done anyway so I'm going to take my toys and go home."

See everyone is being all "Poor postvex" and they've only seen the new I'm not having a good day post and not the Hey PD you all suck ass post.

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 10, 2010, 10:24:07 PM
Quote from: postvex™ on November 10, 2010, 10:22:21 PM

Whatever.

Vex:  "YOU'RE ALL FUCKED UP LOSERS AND YOUR WRITING SUCKS."

Others:  "WTF?"

Vex:  "I CAN'T CONTROL HOW YOU FEEL, I CAN ONLY CONTROL HOW I FEEL AND I HAVE DECIDED TO FEEL GOOD NOW.  WHAT'S YOUR PROBLEM?"

169% fucking SOCIOPATH.

No, dick. What I said originally was that I ADMIRE PD BUT IT FEELS LIKE A TV SHOW TO ME as in I'M NOT ONE OF THE ACTORS, I'M JUST THE AUDIENCE. It was not a judgment against you telling you that you're all fake, it was a fucking expression of the disconnect I felt between myself and the rest of this board. I was saying I FEEL LIKE I'M WATCHING A TV SHOW INSTEAD OF ACTING IN THE SHOW. Is that really so fucking difficult to understand?

Why is it if you misunderstand the intent of anything, you automatically assume it was intended to be an insult to you? If I'm a sociopath, you're paranoid with delusions of grandeur.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: postvex™ on November 10, 2010, 10:27:38 PM

No, dick. What I said originally was that I ADMIRE PD BUT IT FEELS LIKE A TV SHOW TO ME as in I'M NOT ONE OF THE ACTORS, I'M JUST THE AUDIENCE. It was not a judgment against you telling you that you're all fake, it was a fucking expression of the disconnect I felt between myself and the rest of this board. I was saying I FEEL LIKE I'M WATCHING A TV SHOW INSTEAD OF ACTING IN THE SHOW. Is that really so fucking difficult to understand?

Why is it if you misunderstand the intent of anything, you automatically assume it was intended to be an insult to you? If I'm a sociopath, you're paranoid with delusions of grandeur.

Yeah, and I totally didn't catch the OP, or the reference to Payne and my Lost Highway bit.

But that's okay, you choose to feel better now, so it never happened, because nobody else is real.

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: Niamh on November 10, 2010, 10:25:43 PM

I don't believe that.  Your original post was nothing but douche filled whiney assed bullshit.  You got called on it and now your trying to be all "Oh I didn't mean it that way, why is everyone picking on me!"  If you had no problem with what you said or how people took it you wouldn't have deleted it.  A complete chicken shit thing to do. WHAT THE FUCK?

Quote from: Subetai on November 10, 2010, 10:10:52 PM
I just want to read it because I know the ins and outs of about 95% of the drama on PD, but I've missed this.  It makes me a sad panda, and means I wont be able to lord things like horab's meltdown over the noobs any longer.

I wouldn't sweat it, this was nothing more than a "poor pitiful me, no one pays enough attention to me so I feel left out and there really nothing good being written or done anyway so I'm going to take my toys and go home."

See everyone is being all "Poor postvex" and they've only seen the new I'm not having a good day post and not the Hey PD you all suck ass post.

I do not care what the fuck you believe. I am stating what I know to be the truth, and if that isn't good enough for you I'm sorry you disagree but there's nothing I can do about that.

The Good Reverend Roger

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 10, 2010, 10:29:17 PM

Yeah, and I totally didn't catch the OP, or the reference to Payne and my Lost Highway bit.

But that's okay, you choose to feel better now, so it never happened, because nobody else is real.

I didn't include any references to Payne or your Lost Highway bit, whatever in that post you believe constituted those... I was just blathering on about riding in a shortbus watching tv and feeling disconnected from a community i wanted to be a part of. I mix metaphors, so fucking sue me. I'm sorry if it came off as derivative. It wasn't intended that way. That doesn't matter, though, the only thing that matters is that it hurt your feelings.

Phox

Quote from: Niamh on November 10, 2010, 10:25:43 PM
You got called on it and now your trying to be all "Oh I didn't mean it that way, why is everyone picking on me!"  If you had no problem with what you said or how people took it you wouldn't have deleted it.  A complete chicken shit thing to do. WHAT THE FUCK?

This. I didn't see the original, but judging by the reaction, it was one of those "Imma piss people off because I feel like it" post. I made one of those not so long ago, and guess what? It's still here. Seriously dude, don't be a pansy just because you get called a sociopath.  I mean, really, there was some hardcore backlash from my dumbass stunt, so much so that I've been scared to post actual content, but I'm still here, and I didn't just delete it and pretend it never happened. Regardless of what you intended, deleting the OP is a dick move. Fact. The only people I've seen that aren't pissed off by the OP, didn't see it.   But whatever, vex. Points of data, right?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: postvex™ on November 10, 2010, 10:35:04 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 10, 2010, 10:29:17 PM

I didn't include any references to Payne or your Lost Highway bit, whatever in that post you believe constituted those... I was just blathering on about riding in a shortbus watching tv and feeling disconnected from a community i wanted to be a part of. I mix metaphors, so fucking sue me. I'm sorry if it came off as derivative. It wasn't intended that way. That doesn't matter, though, the only thing that matters is that it hurt your feelings.

(Payne's and my) lost highway bit.  Right in the title, though I wouldn't have made the connection without the rest of the miserable shit you posted in the OP.

And, yeah, for me what matters is what you said.  Other people may take a different approach, or no approach at all, that's up to them.  

And you've never cared about anyone's feelings as far as I've seen, Vex.  Hell, you started shit with me a few weeks ago, just to show that you could, or in a fit of sadism, hell, I don't know.  You saw someone you perceived to be down, so you instinctively kicked.

Then you're all butthurt because nobody agreed with you that arson victims are responsible for the arson, so you wrote some horrible shit about everyone in the same sort of tantrum you called me on a little while back.

So pardon me if I don't join the fucking pity party for poor old Vex, mkay?

East Coast Hustle

Actually I agreed with him about the arson victim thing, if we're talking about Da6s' thread. :lulz:

And my two cents?

Everybody is WAY over-reacting. Like, WAY WAY WAY.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"