News:

Yes we're horrible toxic people, because this is 2020's Mental Illness Olympics, and the winners get a free pass on giving life-threatening advice with the bonus of having zero accountability for their shit behaviour.

Main Menu

WHAT AN ODDLY SPECIFIC THING TO SAY

Started by Prince Glittersnatch III, November 13, 2010, 05:42:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the last yatto

Copypasta is too long but ill make decussion points

1.FANNIE MAE & FREDDIE MAC
Doesnt even talk about retail vs investment banks and how a bill clinton signed removed a depression era regulation that would have prevented them from selling retail bonds on the stock market.

2. Pick your train: love, peace, or crazy

3. Ignore shitty group, focus on chase and gold man's sack :fnord:

4. Mail monopoly :lulz:
It keeps costs down, try sending a later by fedex
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

LMNO

Death, if some of what a person says seems to be true, but the rest of it seems like either batshit lunacy, fear mongering, or hatred, it would be best served not to use him or her as an example of the kind of things you believe in.

I mean, if you want to hold the belief system of a pro-capitalist constitutional originalist, I'm sure there are better people to hold up as an example.

Grover Nordquist, perhaps.

:lulz:

Freeky

Beck. :lulz:

When Glenn Beck compares Al Gore and his support of global warming prevention (or whatever) to Hitler and Nazi Germany, it's okay, and probably true.

When everyone starts comparing Arizona, our governor, and Sheriff Joe because of SB1070 to Hitler and Nazi Germany, well, that's just a bit over the top, isn't it?

Fucking hell, I hate Glenn Beck. :lulz:

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Death on November 14, 2010, 06:16:14 PM
Without responding to specifics, what I'm getting from you all is that he's a piece of shit and no one shouldn't believe anything he says.  I think some of the things he says are pretty stupid, and misinformed, but I also don't believe that everything he says should be treated with a grain of salt.  Some of the things he says actually DO make sense, at least to me.  There are different ways of doing things in governments with different kinds of benefits, and sometimes the better way is not always discernible only because we don't always have good examples/models to go off of, ESPECIALLY since the economy and technology is constantly changing.

Glenn Beck is not my hero, my idol, or my ideal politician.  I just happen to think some of the things he says make sense.

Oh, dear.

How long has it been since we've had a real, live RWN on the board?  Voice of Truth, IIRC.

Also, Glenn Beck.  :lulz:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Death on November 14, 2010, 08:32:07 AM
That's pretty fucked up, but for the most part a lot of what he talks about on his show is legit.

Beats thinking for yourself, right?   :lulz:

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Salty

The main thing I love about Beck, magical underpance aside, is that he's so damned consistent. There's rarely a moment when his epic douchebaggery falters. That MLK thing was just so...EPIC. He owns that shit.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Alty on November 15, 2010, 09:55:49 PM
The main thing I love about Beck, magical underpance aside, is that he's so damned consistent. There's rarely a moment when his epic douchebaggery falters. That MLK thing was just so...EPIC. He owns that shit.

HE'S LEGIT AND DON'T YOU FORGET IT!

Sometimes he needs help to cry, though.   :lulz:

Salty

I'm willing to do my part.
We need a :toolegit2quit: emote for him.
SCREW the concensus, MOAR emotes!
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Alty on November 15, 2010, 10:01:17 PM
I'm willing to do my part.
We need a :toolegit2quit: emote for him.
SCREW the concensus, MOAR emotes!

1.  Someone else can add them (everything I do is BAD and WRONG), and

2.  We have one:  :hammer:

Gray Jester

Or his magical way of avoiding libel lawsuits.  I mean, just look at the facts, I'm not going to make up your mind for you and I am not saying that you should believe that Obama is a Nazi, but just look at the facts.
I am a surrealist.  It makes me feel more knightly.

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: Gray Jester on November 16, 2010, 01:26:10 AM

Or his magical way of avoiding libel lawsuits.  I mean, just look at the facts, I'm not going to make up your mind for you and I am not saying that you should believe that Obama is a Nazi, but just look at the facts.

That's what happens when you're rollin' dude heavy.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

LMNO

Quote from: Gray Jester on November 16, 2010, 01:26:10 AM
I mean, just look at the facts, I'm not going to make up your mind for you and I am not saying that you should believe that Obama is a Nazi, but just look at the facts.

Which facts would those be?  Please be specific.

Cain

Quote from: First City Hustle on November 14, 2010, 05:03:13 PM
There's nothing inherently wrong with having conservative views, but there is something wrong with listening to and/or believing thigs spouted by an ignorant demagogue who eschews facts and logic in favor of fearmongering and appeal to emotion.

The problem with Glenn Beck is not that he is right-wing, it's that he's a dangerously ill-informed idiot who panders to an audience gullible enough to believe his lies and half-truths.

This.

Although, through evaporative cooling of group beliefs, finding intelligent conservatives within the US tradition is increasingly difficult.  Most intelligent conservatives are either being forced out or ostracized by said demagogues, and calling themselves something else now.

Cain

Quote from: Death on November 14, 2010, 06:16:14 PM
Without responding to specifics, what I'm getting from you all is that he's a piece of shit and no one shouldn't believe anything he says.  I think some of the things he says are pretty stupid, and misinformed, but I also don't believe that everything he says should be treated with a grain of salt.  Some of the things he says actually DO make sense, at least to me.  There are different ways of doing things in governments with different kinds of benefits, and sometimes the better way is not always discernible only because we don't always have good examples/models to go off of, ESPECIALLY since the economy and technology is constantly changing.

Glenn Beck is not my hero, my idol, or my ideal politician.  I just happen to think some of the things he says make sense.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.  Even some of the most idiotic commentators on this side of the pond occasionally say things which make sense.

However that doesn't make me a fan of, or a follower, or interested in them.  Because any idiot can point out basic truths, and frequently do.  It's what they get wrong which should be focused on.

People who get big things wrong occasionally...well, they're suspect.  Everyone makes mistakes, but if they keep on making them, it suggests there is something going wrong somewhere.  People who get things radically wrong much of the time, like Beck...is it really worth your time to scratch through the muck to find the occasional gem, when there are other places you can get the same information from without exposing yourself to his paranoid, conspiratorial worldview?  Even if you don't buy into it, exposure to such muddled and irrational thinking can and will impact on you, given enough time.  I've seen it happen enough times before.

Maybe you have the time to go through that process, of extracting gems from metric tons of muck, but I don't.  I want accurate information, and I want as much of it as possible.  Once someone starts stating untruths, intentionally or otherwise, they are no longer a useful source - except to keep a tab on political/social trends and the latest manufactured, hysteria-driven outrage.