News:

if the thee off of you are revel in the fact you ds a discordant suck it's dick and praise it's agenda? guess what bit-chit's not. hat I in fact . do you really think it'd theshare about shit, hen you should indeed tare-take if the frontage that you're into. do you really think it's the hardcore shite of the left thy t? you're little f/cking girls parackind abbot in tituts. FUCK YOU. you're latecomers, and you 're folks who don't f/cking get it. plez challenge me.

Main Menu

LOL@Dems.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, December 09, 2010, 05:09:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2010/12/09/5617540-house-dem-caucus-votes-to-reject-tax-compromise

QuoteIn a non-binding vote Thursday, the House Democratic Caucus voted to reject the president's tax compromise.

This is significant in the sense that it shows how many House Democrats are angry about the compromise with Republicans to temporarily extend the cuts for the highest earners, but it is not binding in regards to legislation that goes to the floor.

Non-binding.   :lulz:

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Adios

I belong to no organized party. I am a Democrat.

Will Rogers

:lulz:

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cramulus

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Fucking hope and change, bitches!  :lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Adios

I have a mental image of grown men laying on the floor pitching a big fit. No one hates to be rolled over a barrel, but really? To waste time on a non-binding vote like that?

Cain

Apparently, progressive Dems are thinking of using a primary challenge against Obama in 2012 to express their displeasure. Apparently, the mighty, mighty Tom Harkin is being considered.  Though some Kossacks prefer George Clooney (yes, the actor) as their Candidate Of Rage.

Nephew Twiddleton

Ah, impotent political posturing. This is why the Dems are a joke and a half.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

LMNO

geekdad

Making you think you're crazy is a billion dollar industry.
If they could sell sanity in a bottle
They'd be charging for compressed air,
And marketing healthcare.

East Coast Hustle

Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Nephew Twiddleton

:lulz: Please tell me you made that.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Prince Glittersnatch III

If politics really is just professional wrestling in suits then the Dems are definitely the heels.

Sure they may win a few small battles, land a couple good blows, but its all for show. In the end the "good guy"(Reps) always wins.
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Quote from: Aleister Growly on September 04, 2010, 04:08:37 AM
Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

Quote from: GIGGLES on June 16, 2011, 10:24:05 PM
AORTAL SEX MADES MY DICK HARD AS FUCK!

Persona Facade

Quote from: Cain on December 09, 2010, 05:29:03 PM
Apparently, progressive Dems are thinking of using a primary challenge against Obama in 2012 to express their displeasure. Apparently, the mighty, mighty Tom Harkin is being considered.  Though some Kossacks prefer George Clooney (yes, the actor) as their Candidate Of Rage.

George Cloony is a fairly cool guy, down to earth. I've met him a few times.
"You can fool some of the people all the time, and those are the ones you want to concentrate on."
-George Bush

Cain

He may be.  He certainly seems to come across that way.

But he's hardly got the qualities a star political infighter needs.  If you wanted to mount a primary challenge against Obama that wasn't a token gesture, you'd need an asshole roughly on a par with Lyndon B Johnson to make it count for anything.  Someone who knows how to game the system, works incredibly hard and has an ego the size of a small planet.

But since the Dems had a spine-ecotomy around...1968 or so, their only member who even roughly comes up to those standards is one Rahm Emanuel, currently Chief of Staff of the White House and who favours a policy of beating up on hippies to impress Republicans.  So the pwogs probably wont tap him for it.  If indeed they ever stop equivocating about how this would give benefits to the Republicans, which they wont, because they lack spine.  And everyone knows it, making it an empty threat, just like the non-binding vote.