News:

Discordianism:  It is some kind of a communist sect.

Main Menu

This post has been deleted.

Started by Kansai, December 24, 2010, 09:40:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phox

:lulz:

I stand by my statement. Chronological and psychological age are different.

Kansai

Fair enough.  I don't really act my age.  Personally, I'm a little disheartened that I've grown so much (not in maturity, of course) yet accomplished so little.  Knowing that there were so many things that I could and should have done but failed to act on really bums me out.  To be honest, I thought the two of you were the same age as me.

Phox

I'm 22, and Nigel's in her 30s i think.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Mind King on December 26, 2010, 11:16:07 PM
Would you believe I'm actually 19?  When I talked about watching Dr. Horrible in English Composition, I was referring to one of my college courses.

Huh.

Well, everyone grows up at their own rate, and the difference between 14 and 19 isn't all that huge anyway.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Mind King on December 26, 2010, 11:34:35 PM
Fair enough.  I don't really act my age.  Personally, I'm a little disheartened that I've grown so much (not in maturity, of course) yet accomplished so little.  Knowing that there were so many things that I could and should have done but failed to act on really bums me out.  To be honest, I thought the two of you were the same age as me.

If you've accomplished anything by 19, you're too fucking serious and should be taken out for a drag around the block by Scotsmen.

I swear to fucking God, youth is wasted on the young.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

At 19 you don't have anything to worry about in terms of opportunities lost. Opportunity is just beginning. Wait until you're at least 30 to start beating yourself up over how little you've accomplished.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 27, 2010, 02:23:04 AM

If you've accomplished anything by 19, you're too fucking serious and should be taken out for a drag around the block by Scotsmen.

GREAT FUCKING MINDS, ROGER.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on December 27, 2010, 02:23:27 AM

When I was 19, all I lived for was a four day pass so I could hit town and add to my collection of horrible fucking STDs and get right and properly smashed on cheap whiskey, then I'd go blasting down back roads shooting at stop signs, and...

WE HAVEN'T CHANGED A BIT, HAVE WE NIGEL?

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 27, 2010, 02:25:17 AM
Quote from: Nigel on December 27, 2010, 02:23:27 AM

When I was 19, all I lived for was a four day pass so I could hit town and add to my collection of horrible fucking STDs and get right and properly smashed on cheap whiskey, then I'd go blasting down back roads shooting at stop signs, and...

WE HAVEN'T CHANGED A BIT, HAVE WE NIGEL?

NOT EVEN SLIGHTLY.  :lulz:

The Good Reverend Roger

Point is, figure out what you WANT to do, and things will take care of themselves.  Settle for "a career that will make money", and you'll be miserable as fuck.

You shouldn't really be able to decide what you WANT until your late 20s, and that will change within 5 years.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 27, 2010, 02:32:10 AM
Point is, figure out what you WANT to do, and things will take care of themselves.  Settle for "a career that will make money", and you'll be miserable as fuck.

You shouldn't really be able to decide what you WANT until your late 20s, and that will change within 5 years.

100% troof.

BTW, newspag, if you want to get an idea of who/how old people are, check out these threads:

http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=26293.0;topicseen

http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=23846.0;topicseen

Triple Zero

Quote from: Nigel on December 27, 2010, 02:21:33 AM
Would you believe I'm actually 19?  When I talked about watching Dr. Horrible in English Composition, I was referring to one of my college courses.

Huh.

Well, everyone grows up at their own rate, and the difference between 14 and 19 isn't all that huge anyway.

Well, for an individual it is, but on average, it isn't. I was really tarded and zany when I was 19, possibly kind of like him, yet incredibly smart in many other aspects. Compare to me at 14, and you get a whole different picture, I was a snotty kid in highschool. Now I know my social age always lagged a few years behind my peers, but my intellectual age was a few years ahead usually. Still, if you peg him at 14, you must have been thinking of a very forward 14 year-old.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Phox

Quote from: Triple Zero on December 27, 2010, 01:26:04 PM

Huh.

Well, for an individual it is, but on average, it isn't. I was really tarded and zany when I was 19, possibly kind of like him, yet incredibly smart in many other aspects. Compare to me at 14, and you get a whole different picture, I was a snotty kid in highschool. Now I know my social age always lagged a few years behind my peers, but my intellectual age was a few years ahead usually. Still, if you peg him at 14, you must have been thinking of a very forward 14 year-old.

Everyone's forward on the internets, Trip.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Triple Zero on December 27, 2010, 01:26:04 PM

Huh.

I don't really know kids. I mean, I know my kids, and my kids' friends, and my friends' kids, and the kids who post here. So my logic went like; "this guy is acting a lot like my son. My son is 11. He is acting less mature than EFO, who is almost 13. Since that's an unfair comparison, I should assume that he is older than EFO. He is acting less mature than the 16-year-old posters here, so he must be under 16. Therefore, he is probably 14 or 15."

LMNO

Quote from: Mind King on December 26, 2010, 07:57:12 PM
I had to get rid of the poptart recipe, guys.  The only real recipe I ever used was a cake that exploded (yes, literally exploded).  I got rid of the recipe also because a few of my friends want to profit from it.  Once I find an actual recipe, I'll revise this post.  In the meantime, type whatever you want.

The secret to a profitable cold sandwich is quality of ingredients.  I could tell you that my favorite sandwich is mortadella, salami, provalone, arugala, oil, vinegar, and pepper relish on a baguette.  But that doesn't tell you anything, because that's also how one of the worst sandwiches I ever ate was built, as well.

However, if the bread is fresh baked, the cheesemaker is local, and the meats are made in-house, goddamn.